‘What am I doing here if I’m not being real.’

Rural Deviation

Best answers
I have a flaw. I’m real no matter what I do in life I will be real til my last breathe. I have stepped up in an environment in which real honest conversation isn’t the norm. I refuse to accept the status quo because the status quo is stagnated. Change is needed. I will work tirelessly until a real conversation is had.

Why did I take a two week break? Because in the last Rural Deiviation Live! 6/4 after I stopped recording and the four of us decided to sit around and talk. A flaw was exposed in me and the 3 I had brought into the podcast. I thought we were better. I thought we had the ability to discuss the chaos in our country and be mature adults. We failed. I failed in knowing the turmoil and emotion and should have cut the conversation off 20 mins into it. We failed as a group to understand and really empathize with each other’s perspective. Individuals failed to see and understand and come to the conclusion we agree to disagree. Things were said that were out of line on both side.

In that it negativity impacted the podcast and the mission I set out to accomplish a year ago when I first started this journey. I’m not proud of taking a break, but after the words that were said the failure on both sides to really understand one another my trust was broken in the individuals I had brought into this conversation.

In that I found myself in a spot in which I could not continue the podcast for the fact I could not be real with the individuals I had brought into the podcast. I could not stand behind any episodes we produced.

This podcast is and will always be a message of hope and showing carriers nationwide they still bring value to this conversation. I will not tolerate hate in any capacity of any individual. I will not tolerate the inability to empathize with another in an individual that I have brought on as a continuing person on this podcast.

I’m sorry to the bottom of my heart to the carriers nationwide that enjoyed and looked forward to every new episode.

When that will be I don’t know. I only ask that you give me time to work through theses issues and figure out the best way forward.

I will be back stronger and continue my mission of showing every carrier nationwide that they have a voice and it matters.

‘Everybody wanna hear the real version of life then don't get so sensitive
When I say something a little bit raw
I jot my thoughts and they call it negative
You wanna know where my heart is? I stand out cause I wear my garbage
I work my hardest and every time I look into the mirror
Don't forget about where I started’

Sandygirl

Best answers
I have a flaw. I’m real no matter what I do in life I will be real til my last breathe. I have stepped up in an environment in which real honest conversation isn’t the norm. I refuse to accept the status quo because the status quo is stagnated. Change is needed. I will work tirelessly until a real conversation is had.

Why did I take a two week break? Because in the last Rural Deiviation Live! 6/4 after I stopped recording and the four of us decided to sit around and talk. A flaw was exposed in me and the 3 I had brought into the podcast. I thought we were better. I thought we had the ability to discuss the chaos in our country and be mature adults. We failed. I failed in knowing the turmoil and emotion and should have cut the conversation off 20 mins into it. We failed as a group to understand and really empathize with each other’s perspective. Individuals failed to see and understand and come to the conclusion we agree to disagree. Things were said that were out of line on both side.

In that it negativity impacted the podcast and the mission I set out to accomplish a year ago when I first started this journey. I’m not proud of taking a break, but after the words that were said the failure on both sides to really understand one another my trust was broken in the individuals I had brought into this conversation.

In that I found myself in a spot in which I could not continue the podcast for the fact I could not be real with the individuals I had brought into the podcast. I could not stand behind any episodes we produced.

This podcast is and will always be a message of hope and showing carriers nationwide they still bring value to this conversation. I will not tolerate hate in any capacity of any individual. I will not tolerate the inability to empathize with another in an individual that I have brought on as a continuing person on this podcast.

I’m sorry to the bottom of my heart to the carriers nationwide that enjoyed and looked forward to every new episode.

When that will be I don’t know. I only ask that you give me time to work through theses issues and figure out the best way forward.

I will be back stronger and continue my mission of showing every carrier nationwide that they have a voice and it matters.

‘Everybody wanna hear the real version of life then don't get so sensitive
When I say something a little bit raw
I jot my thoughts and they call it negative
You wanna know where my heart is? I stand out cause I wear my garbage
I work my hardest and every time I look into the mirror
Don't forget about where I started’

Its ok man, when you are striving for big gains, you will inevitably have growing pains. Sometimes my regular makes mistakes, (she is a great REG and very smart and kind). however I do gain something from when she tells me she made a mistake ( no one is perfect). When she makes mistakes i see that her worth has not diminished in my eyes and I know she feels the same when my mistakes are evident to her..... It is not a competition, we all just trying to be honorable and give an honest day for an honest dollar.... You keep striving and helping us help ourselves, your original goal is the same.... be real, we are grown, we can take it, Hail we let DB stay on this site, I promise we can take it.,..

DB.Cooper

Best answers
... be real, we are grown, we can take it, Hail we let DB stay on this site, I promise we can take it.,..
It's at times like these, I like to remind folks of the wonderful ignore function offered by this site.... anyone who doesn't wanna read what anyone else's posts, just don't read it, or use the ignore function.... how easy is that??? :unsure:

As far as the podcasts.... I'll be honest in saying I don't think I ever watched or listened to one.... but, hey.... if that's your thing.... have at it.... to each their own.... whatever floats yer boat... you're happy, I'm happy..... :giggle:

Morty

Best answers
As far as the podcasts.... I'll be honest in saying I don't think I ever watched or listened to one.... but, hey.... if that's your thing.... have at it.... to each their own.... whatever floats yer boat... you're happy, I'm happy..... :giggle:
You'll have to listen to one to hear if you can catch what he's saying...unless he deleted all the podcasts🤔

Sandygirl

Best answers
It's at times like these, I like to remind folks of the wonderful ignore function offered by this site.... anyone who doesn't wanna read what anyone else's posts, just don't read it, or use the ignore function.... how easy is that??? :unsure:

I was kidding you DB, have a laugh, its good for the soul....

DB.Cooper

Best answers
You'll have to listen to one to hear if you can catch what he's saying...unless he deleted all the podcasts🤔
Are you speaking from listening experience, and making a recommendation??? :unsure:

Are we getting ready to see another Stewy-like thread telling us to get the hail out of the union??? :oops:

Last edited:

Morty

Best answers
@DB.Cooper It's tough to navigate this. Ive watched a few podcasts.

But the subject was current events off the record with @C$$ and 2 others that caused a rift between them. A fight like what we do here often lol.

I see "keeping it real" as like you believe something so strongly that you must speak up and defend yourself no matter the cost. That cost is always friendships.

@Rural Deviation maybe didn't spend enough time listening. We all have our opinions, some aren't worth losing friendships over. Or you don't always have to win a fight, sometimes waving the white flag and listening is the best thing.

And personally, even tho conservatives and liberals don't see eye to eye. I could care less on the postal front. As long as you don't fight for management, we're on the same team and I'll fight side by side even if you're a misguided liberal lol.

DB.Cooper

Best answers
So... if I'm hearing this right.... sounds like maybe you're sayin' See Money and the Deviant have a knockdown drag out.... now that one might be worth watching.... js... :unsure: :rolleyes::oops:🤪😉:giggle:

Rural Deviation

Best answers
Look chill the side commentary. I’m not done with what I started. I stated what I said because I refuse to not be honest about any issues or struggles with the podcast.

I personally have no issue with different opinions, but what I have issue with is the break in trust between the individuals I have on the podcast. This post was not about he said she said nonsense. It is what it is. It has been addressed with the individuals involved.

DB.Cooper

Best answers
So, what was the purpose of this thread, if not for discussion.... js.... isn't this a discussion forum.... I'm just trying to understand what it was all about.... just trying to be chill.... js.... :cool:

Rural Deviation

Best answers
I ain’t in the mood for your harassing bs. I said what I said. I meant what I said. Respect the individuals involved and leave your theoretical nonsense to the side.

DB.Cooper

Best answers
Look chill the side commentary. I’m not done with what I started. I stated what I said because I refuse to not be honest about any issues or struggles with the podcast.

I personally have no issue with different opinions, but what I have issue with is the break in trust between the individuals I have on the podcast. This post was not about he said she said nonsense. It is what it is. It has been addressed with the individuals involved.
Sounds sorta cryptic to me.... what does this mean.... "what I have issue with is the break in trust between the individuals I have on the podcast..."

Who broke the trust??? And how??? :unsure:

Surprise!

Best answers
I tend to see it as idealism vs human nature.

The NRLCA knows they have all the right answers. They arrived at those answers in a reasonable and sharing manner.

They just happen to know that trouble makers such as people on this board are so far out of line that they can’t waste the time with us.

We know about the same thing about them.

I am more into let the different points of view battle it out. You will not find the perfect answer this way because there rarely is one unless what you are doing is very specific. However, you hopefully will get enough information to know if the answers presented are really bad.

Formalize the battle so that hopefully the people are not killing each other.

I think this is the foundation of the Democratic process.

Morty

Best answers
I'm always befuddled when discussion is stifled, especially on a DISCUSSION forum :unsure: :rolleyes:🤪...
It really didn't mesh with "keeping it real" and "being honest".

Of course a few of us are protagonists. But only to fuel thoughtful discussion and meaningful conversation.

We try to prompt the why in the way we think. Otherwise, if passion runs rampant, you're no better than this blm political movement that just last night tore down a statue of a union colonel who was a staunch abolitionist. They don't know why they are doing what they do.

And I support what @Rural Deviation is trying to attempt. I think we need to take over local and state boards, be the stewards, be the academy trainers. Make the change from the ground up thru discussion and education.