• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

19% Bump on Bundled Flats Credit

Weight or thickness sounds horrible lol Yesterday, I had two extremes... 1 bundle of paper-cut political mail =313 pieces and then I had 4 bundles, 6 each, of U-Line catalogs. I'll check my numbers again whenever the system is available, but that political mail spike should be easy to spot, if its by piece count.
I think the theory is that it all evens out. Others (@Gotrope ?) can probably weigh in here with more info than I have, but I believe this is how they charge mass mailers, even down to adding that 19% bump to what the mailer pays, and that same process is what they’re using to compensate rurals.

I don’t think accuracy is the primary concern with the USPS (and probably never has been). The primary objective is moving as much mail through the system as quickly as possible. Counting individual flats in an organization that processes 400 million pieces of mail each day would be impossible.

I think the theory is that it all evens out. Others (@Gotrope ?) can probably weigh in here with more info than I have, but I believe this is how they charge mass mailers, even down to adding that 19% bump to what the mailer pays, and that same process is what they’re using to compensate rurals.

I don’t think accuracy is the primary concern with the USPS (and probably never has been). The primary objective is moving as much mail through the system as quickly as possible. Counting individual flats in an organization that processes 400 million pieces of mail each day would be impossible.
Just spitballing here, I think thickness and weight goes into determining the price per piece. I was under the impression that we are given the totals by the mailers and those are entered into the system. There's no way USPS is counting each individual piece, especially when we see how they come packaged.

Just spitballing here, I think thickness and weight goes into determining the price per piece. I was under the impression that we are given the totals by the mailers and those are entered into the system. There's no way USPS is counting each individual piece, especially when we see how they come packaged.
Pricing has nothing to do with labor compensation by rrecs. Any classification of mail piece is credited exactly the same by how carrier processes it by automation or handling. Priority or media would credit identical for a similar shape.

Pricing has nothing to do with labor compensation by rrecs. Any classification of mail piece is credited exactly the same by how carrier processes it by automation or handling. Priority or media would credit identical for a similar shape.
Just checked with a sup who knows more - it is a per piece count. The reason for the discrepancy is the plant may not send us everything they receive on the same day. So the number in RADAR reflects what the plant received for prebundles on a given day, but we may not see it at our case until later on. It depends on your particular plant. He said they're working on correcting it.

Just checked with a sup who knows more - it is a per piece count. The reason for the discrepancy is the plant may not send us everything they receive on the same day. So the number in RADAR reflects what the plant received for prebundles on a given day, but we may not see it at our case until later on. It depends on your particular plant. He said they're working on correcting it.
This is my understanding also. Example: of late, I’ve been getting my AARP bundles over the course of a week ( sometimes longer😡), but I’m pretty sure they all arrive at the plant the same day and are counted as such

Pricing has nothing to do with labor compensation by rrecs.
huh? I was referring to weight and thickness goes into determining what a mailer pays to ship........... not anything to do with how a carrier gets paid..... Guessing that the mailers give the plant their numbers/quantities and that is how we get credit, through how many pieces are in each bundle. Collection Etc. Mailer says qty. 10 for Rt.001 12345 zipcode. Rt. 001 gets 0.0741 standard minutes per carrier route flat piece +S145

This is my understanding also. Example: of late, I’ve been getting my AARP bundles over the course of a week ( sometimes longer😡), but I’m pretty sure they all arrive at the plant the same day and are counted as such
I got some of the latest AARP today in my tub, so I'm sure the prebundles will show up next week 😅

I got some of the latest AARP today in my tub, so I'm sure the prebundles will show up next week 😅
Same here. I’m used to getting 8 or so bundles a month….. since “mini count” started, I get 1 bundle, maybe 2, until they’re all here, and in amongst the bundles that arrive, I get unbundled in tubs from the plant, I get unbundled from the clerks in hand sorts…..
why all of a sudden (since mini count) are they not coming bundled all on the same day, like they used to?

Back