• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

19% Bump on Bundled Flats Credit

They retirement home is the same people asking me the same thing every single day. Every single time they stop and ask me something I enter a ruralreach, even if it’s not postal related.
I am betting that will not last very long if your management is watching like ours is-I honestly have never hit (scanned) rural reach. One carrier in office did a couple weeks ago and mgmt asked them what the conversation was about and with whom.

I am betting that will not last very long if your management is watching like ours is-I honestly have never hit (scanned) rural reach. One carrier in office did a couple weeks ago and mgmt asked them what the conversation was about and with whom.
It was an old lady/man at the old folks home. Wanted to know about parcels. If they want to know more they can go there and find the person. Sorry I don’t ask for names before proving information.

It was an old lady/man at the old folks home. Wanted to know about parcels. If they want to know more they can go there and find the person. Sorry I don’t ask for names before proving information.
Im glad you get it-good for you! I am just saying that you said every single day they stop you and you hit rural reach-That wouldnt go in my office-my mgmt team would most likely go there and or want names addresses if it was everyday...but just like soooo many other things every office is different. Good Luck!

How would that work? Our compensation being based on the actions of customers?

To me That means we should never talk about postal services. Pitching a rural reach but not being compensated because the customer didn’t follow through is tantamount to work without compensation.
There is a menu option now to fill out customers contact for marketing.
No one knows if it is associated with rrecs info.

Resurrecting this, since my brain is fried. Can someone please point me to where the 19% credit for flats is in any of the RRECs documentation? I know I've read it, just can't remember offhand. PM is claiming it applies to ALL automated flats and I recall it only applying to bundled.

I've been looking at my Flats numbers for an uninterrupted ten day period from 22 Feb through 4 Mar, inclusive.

On the AFSM100 (pre-sort tubs) Flats, I have four days where management's numbers and my count matches. Five of the days the numbers are off by one or two. Then I had one day where the number was low by over 25%. This gives me a total of about 4.5% low. Not horrible, I suppose.

The bundled flats I really don't understand at all. There seems to be no relationship whatsoever with the numbers they say I had on any given day and the number I actually had. It's just crazy. The interesting part is, during that 10-day period they were way, way overcounted (39.3%). If one goes from the 14 Feb until 4 Mar, the bundled flats are overcounted by about 15%. Here's my numbers if anyone cares:

Count Numbers.JPG

Now then, on to an interesting observation. The report I have been looking at from management is the "RADAR" report. It also says, "Retail And Delivery Insights & Operational Excellence." Seems like a lot of wishful thinking going on there but whatevs... It also says, "Rural RRECS Volume."

Apparently they "update" these reports on occasion and the numbers may change. The two examples I have are listed below with the numbers.

Count Numbers Discrepancy.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you!! I swore I saw it somewhere else as well. Anyway, that was good enough. Showed it to the PM this morning and his tune changed. Unfortunately, the entire office thinks ALL their automated mail is increased by 19%, as our debate was during a rural meeting.

I've been looking at my Flats numbers for an uninterrupted ten day period from 22 Feb through 4 Mar, inclusive.

On the AFSM100 (pre-sort tubs) Flats, I have four days where management's numbers and my count matches. Five of the days the numbers are off by one or two. Then I had one day where the number was low by over 25%. This gives me a total of about 4.5% low. Not horrible, I suppose.

The bundled flats I really don't understand at all. There seems to be no relationship whatsoever with the numbers they say I had on any given day and the number I actually had. It's just crazy. The interesting part is, during that 10-day period they were way, way overcounted (39.3%). If one goes from the 14 Feb until 4 Mar, the bundled flats are overcounted by about 15%. Here's my numbers if anyone cares:

View attachment 9460

Now then, on to an interesting observation. The report I have been looking at from management is the "RADAR" report. It also says, "Retail And Delivery Insights & Operational Excellence." Seems like a lot of wishful thinking going on there but whatevs... It also says, "Rural RRECS Volume."

Apparently they "update" these reports on occasion and the numbers may change. The two examples I have are listed below with the numbers.

View attachment 9461
Joe, thanks for sharing your numbers. Just had to haul tail from work to take my dog to the vet, but told the sup I would be swinging by tomorrow, on my day off, and I want ALL numbers. I was in a hurry, but specifically mentioned scans. She mumbled something about still looking for all the info. They need an interface that can compile all the different reporting aspects and condense it to one location. I should be able to walk in after my route (or at least the following morning), ask for a printout, and get everything used to calculate my pay (I know, wild fantasy).

My experience has been like yours. If its below 50 flats, seems like the tub flats are perfect, same with NLM (cased). But, anything over 50 and the count is progressively off. Like 64 would be 63 and 102 would be 106. I'll get a hold of RADAR tomorrow. I'm expecting the numbers will be off, but hoping to see a pattern or spikes. There would be times when our presorts would sit out on the dock for a day or two. The "updates" to our numbers is concerning.

I think we should all be tracking the tub flats continuously until the next count, figure out the off % and fight to have it added to the automated like the bundles are. Even if it turns out to be 2 or 3% off, over the course of 6 months, that could be enough time to push a carrier to the next hour. If anyone has been around long enough to go through an old school count, you know it can come down to seconds, which can equate to thousands of dollars.

Okay - here we go for an update, if anyone cares. This adds about 2 weeks of data to my last post:

2023 Count Numbers #2.JPG

I still don't see any relationship at all between the number in the bundles that we supposedly get and ones we actually get. They do seem to be overcounted over time, though, which is a good thing because the Tubs are consistently short.

I'm going to count for a couple more weeks and keep tabs on it. I'll lose the uninterrupted run of data in mid-April because I need to take a couple of days off. I probably won't bother counting after that because this is looking okay to me.

They are adding 19% to bundled flats they agreed on that? Forward on. Wtc fudging and smudging again more and more. This sh.. is stupid the whole purpose of rrecs is to be spot on! Omg how much more dumbafied can these people be. 😳

They are adding 19% to bundled flats they agreed on that? Forward on. Wtc fudging and smudging again more and more. This sh.. is stupid the whole purpose of rrecs is to be spot on! Omg how much more dumbafied can these people be. 😳
Yes and what if they decided to fudge routes that they want to cut or hmm we need to cut the budget what carriers are finishing early we will fudge those numbers, so much scenario in this, this is why every route needs their own printout or access to this info.

Isn't it ironic that they acted like it was all so accurate..... calculating $#!+ down to 0.0000029 of a second.... what a funking joke..... calculate it down to a gnat's @$$ then throw some big @$$ fudge factor on it to compensate for its inaccuracy ..... what complete BS..... RRECS is a case study in FALSE ADVERTISING..... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️(n):poop::oops:

Yes and what if they decided to fudge routes that they want to cut or hmm we need to cut the budget what carriers are finishing early we will fudge those numbers, so much scenario in this, this is why every route needs their own printout or access to this info.
So easy to just hang up scanner and it prints a receipt for the day with everything on it. Trips to door distance mileage all scans etc. It's no different than it already being downloaded into programs. Just the one time cost of printer and replace ink. A inexpensive fix for all our problems and theirs. We Keep receipts and every evaluation time we already know what's our count! Mini survey give the right office information and count like they are suspose to, over done easy!

I always thought the numbers from the plant should be available at the beginning of the day. It is hard to prove your count versus the plant's count after you've delivered the mail. If the plant numbers are automated versus manually-counted, those numbers should be available almost immediately.

Joe Reeser has done a great job in documenting his route. Great job!

Today one of my supervisors said that the prebundled flat numbers are weird because they don't count individual pieces, but something like the thickness of the stack? He wasn't sure exactly what they do but was almost certain it isn't a per piece count.

Thats probably something true about that but after all this time it takes a supervisor to know that? what about all these people and money spent on the testing shouldn't this information already be common knowledge? Truly if they ever so called get all this right now I'll still never believe it! This is worse than the little boy who cried wolf stories 😢

Weight or thickness sounds horrible lol Yesterday, I had two extremes... 1 bundle of paper-cut political mail =313 pieces and then I had 4 bundles, 6 each, of U-Line catalogs. I'll check my numbers again whenever the system is available, but that political mail spike should be easy to spot, if its by piece count.

Back