2018-2021 NRLCA-USPS Tentative National Agreement Has Been RATIFIED

Ruralinfo

Administrator
Staff member
Pursuant to Article XI, Section 4 of the NRLCA Constitution, the Ratification Committee has completed the tabulation of ballots and reports that the 2018-2021 NRLCA-USPS Tentative National Agreement has been RATIFIED by a vote of 16,714 to 2,665, or 86...

Continue reading...

btdtret

Rualinfo et al -- A tip of the hat to the Ratification Committee for getting the ballots tallied and the results compiled.

-- And to Ruralinfo for getting the results out to the troops.

-- In my dreams: The NRCLA actually sends out a follow-up to the 80% of the troops who didn't bother to send in a ballot to find out WHY!!

-- Bottom line for 2018-2021 vs the 2015-2018 contract:

- fewer returned a ballot, fewer voted for the contract, fewer voted against the contract.
- and needless to say -- fewer voted - period
- on a positive note, fewer ballots were DQ'd!

-- Somewhat troubling -- over 9,000 more ballots sent out for the 2018-2021 contract than the 2015-2018.

btdtret

Cic et al -- "Members feel like no matter what we say or how we vote Washington will do what they want..."

-- 16,714 voted for the contract. Without digging up how many National officers there are, that still leaves some 16,700+ that voted for the contract.

-- Who knows, maybe some fo the National Officers may have voted against it.

Last edited:

btdtret

All -- A task for anyone going to the National Convention:

-- From the floor of the convention or if anyone is able to come face-to-face with a National Officer, please ask:

Will the NRLCA consider requesting to go HOURLY if RRECS is not implemented during this contract or if implemented, routes go down by ( fill in the blank ) hours?

Thanx.

lbpd16

May I please ask for directions on how to rescind my union membership? My hire date is 8/20/2016, so my "anniversary" is coming up, and to my understanding it has to be done around then, correct?
see my old thread. And be sure to use form "PS 1188" not "SF 1188"

Bleostic

This is straight from the USPS LiteBlue website.. see the line in bold, RCA's will be working in all offices where needed.. so count me out. If this materializes then this is the straw that will break this camels back. :(

Labor deal ratified
Union approves contract with USPS
Aug. 6 at 10 a.m.
The NRLCA membership has ratified a new three-year labor contract with USPS.
The National Rural Letter Carriers’ Association (NRLCA) membership has ratified a new three-year labor contract with the Postal Service.
The contract covers approximately 131,000 employees represented by the union.
Highlights of the agreement include annual general wage increases, a reduction in the employer share of health premiums, additional operational flexibility to use rural carrier associates, and enhanced health benefits for eligible non-career rural carrier employees.
In addition, the agreement includes a comprehensive memo of understanding on the implementation of a rural carrier standards study.
“Overall, this contract results in continued restraint of rural carrier labor costs while giving the parties the opportunity to focus on implementing new engineered work standards for rural carrier employees,” said Labor Relations Vice President Doug Tulino.
The new agreement runs through May 20, 2021.

UnknownUser

additional operational flexibility to use rural carrier associates

“Overall, this contract results in continued restraint of rural carrier labor costs"
My questions to the union on these statements

-So everyone should always be able to take leave, including RCA's?

-who the f*** uses the phrase 'continued restraint of labor costs'?

These Dopey, Dumb and Dumber idiots just screwed everyone and turned a bunch of us into the Grinch and Eeyore. Oh and a bunch of people are Clueless. 😂🤣😭

gotstamps

My questions to the union on these statements

-So everyone should always be able to take leave, including RCA's?

-who the f*** uses the phrase 'continued restraint of labor costs'?

These Dopey, Dumb and Dumber idiots just screwed everyone and turned a bunch of us into the Grinch and Eeyore. Oh and a bunch of people are Clueless. 😂🤣😭
RCAs can already take leave if they submit a 3971 Leave Request. Leave is granted First Come First Serve basis. A Grievance can be filed if mgmt cannot prove that there is NO POSSIBLE way for the Carrier to be off.