2018-2021 NRLCA-USPS Tentative National Agreement Has Been RATIFIED

Skierstmoritz

I'm new to this site. Started as RCA in 2016. I worked in many offices, wherever I was needed. I saw that it was going to be 10 years + to become Regular and found another office. Transferred and 2.5 months later, I was a Regular. I realize how lucky that is. But it's because I worked in other offices and learned that the transfer was a no-brainer.

I think you're crazy for wanting hourly pay. Do your job better, faster and more efficiently. This time of year, I'm working no more than 32 hrs and getting paid for 45. And I'm happy that we have a union that does something for us. Only 10% of workers have that. Otherwise, When would you ever get a raise? It's easy to be negative. Don't be.

Love, Duee1215
Duee1215-does your office get daily drops from ups, fed ex, dhl, and Amazon ?

btdtret

Duee1215 -- "I'm new to this site. Started as RCA in 2016. I worked in many offices, wherever I was needed. I saw that it was going to be 10 years + to become Regular and found another office. Transferred and 2.5 months later, I was a Regular. I realize how lucky that is. But it's because I worked in other offices and learned that the transfer was a no-brainer. "

-- Welcome to this site, a vast wealth of information to be had for just poking around the site - and there are a lot of areas! And by asking questions. As others have been told, the only "dumb" or "silly" question is the one you don't ask.

" This time of year, I'm working no more than 32 hrs and getting paid for 45. And I'm happy that we have a union that does something for us. "

-- You are most fortunate, but I would say it is not because of anything the union has done for you, but it is manglement -- not doing its job!

-- Per Section 151.2 of the PO-603, managlement should have looked at some type of "corrective" action for your route because your weekly time to serve the route is certainly below three hours of the weekly evaluation. If manglement is happy with that, good for you.

-- How are the other carriers in your office doing, above and below evaluation, this time of year?

"I think you're crazy for wanting hourly pay."

-- As far as hourly pay -- not my call as I retired long ago.

-- The rural carriers wanted just wanted to be paid for all they do during the work day -- like the other 3 postal unions who are hourly.

-- In stead, this RRECS has been foisted upon the rural craft because the union and the USPS decided they could do a better job than having an arbitrator ( Clarke 2010-2015, in this case ) provide a method. The only thing Clarke stipulated that the system was to be in place by 20 MAY 2015! And that has not exactly worked out as intended.

-- If you look at past postings, "C$$" has been the only one trying to make sense of the RRECS, its 120+ new standards, including some 40+ just for driving, and how the new standards may affect the rural community time-wise! Nothing coming from the NRLCA nor the USPS.

-- Apparently you have a sweet route, probably without Amazon, as I would guess by the number of hours under eval you are. Other rurals are not as fortunate as they are over eval by several hours a week, thanks to Amazon and no realistic counts since 2017 and none for the foreseeable future.

-- Like the "Managing The Opportunity" from the 2002 change of standards, the USPS probably will be recouping some of those hours paid for but not actually worked when RRECS is finally implemented, some time down the road.

-- Hourly or RRECS, one thing is certain, not everyone will be happy.

btdtret

Duee1215 et al -- [ to go hourly - or not ( again ) ] a few more random thoughts.

Hourly:

-- Pro: you get paid for every thing you do from the time you clock in until you clock out. ( something the rural carriers only wanted in the first place )

-- Con: Everyone has a 40-hour route. ( work week - unknown if 5- or 6-day ) Certainly detrimental to the "extra built-in" over time hours and like wise to one's high-three calculation. May help with the sub shortage. ( seems the city side has survived with 40-hour routes )

-- Past national leaders were of a mind set that evaluation was the only way to go. No idea if that has changed.

RRECS:

-- Pro: still thinking on that

-- Con:

- Once implemented, your pay check could vary from pay period to pay period as it will be dependant on scanner AND manglement input. ( how is the trust factor in manglement these days? ) ( how about those "blind" spots scanners seem to find out on the route? ) ( or as someone recently posted -- the scanner indicated the delivery of a parcel -- two states away. )

- How many have already seen a reduction in route mileage based upon scanner data?

- Standards have been reduced ( again ). Just look through the 4241-M Comparison pages in the August 2018 issue of the national magazine. At least "C$$" has been providing insight to the change in times / standards..

- Although RRECS is supposed to be based upon a "yearly" average, the 4-week period around Christmas will not be included. ( apparently it would not be "fair", but having a 2-week count in the middle of March 2016 was? )

- If your route gets split, that data won't be included.

-- The last two came to light during a Q & A on RRECS.

Itstillfun

Duee1215 et al -- [ to go hourly - or not ( again ) ] a few more random thoughts.

Hourly:

-- Pro: you get paid for every thing you do from the time you clock in until you clock out. ( something the rural carriers only wanted in the first place )

-- Con: Everyone has a 40-hour route. ( work week - unknown if 5- or 6-day ) Certainly detrimental to the "extra built-in" over time hours and like wise to one's high-three calculation. May help with the sub shortage. ( seems the city side has survived with 40-hour routes )

-- Past national leaders were of a mind set that evaluation was the only way to go. No idea if that has changed.

RRECS:

-- Pro: still thinking on that

-- Con:

- Once implemented, your pay check could vary from pay period to pay period as it will be dependant on scanner AND manglement input. ( how is the trust factor in manglement these days? ) ( how about those "blind" spots scanners seem to find out on the route? ) ( or as someone recently posted -- the scanner indicated the delivery of a parcel -- two states away. )

- How many have already seen a reduction in route mileage based upon scanner data?

- Standards have been reduced ( again ). Just look through the 4241-M Comparison pages in the August 2018 issue of the national magazine. At least "C$$" has been providing insight to the change in times / standards..

- Although RRECS is supposed to be based upon a "yearly" average, the 4-week period around Christmas will not be included. ( apparently it would not be "fair", but having a 2-week count in the middle of March 2016 was? )

- If your route gets split, that data won't be included.

-- The last two came to light during a Q & A on RRECS.
If your s gets split. The clerk's run parcels. Sometimes dismount s. Super takes a piece. Rca takes some. Those scanner s know something sometimes and usps has been using this delay to it's selfish advantage for manipulation purposes. Rural hours must be contained. All for a k. Day. .3 peeps working. Not sustainable did the experts realize the tail is wagging the dog. What happens on A days or weeks. Pure chaos & stress

Wilco183

The USPS thinks it accomplished something. USPS Labor Relations VP Doug Tulino states publicly that "Overall, this contract results in continued restraint in rural labor costs..."

At face-value, it looks like a draw. Maybe just canned corporate bravado after negotiations. I believe the "restraint" actually lies in the remainder of the quote - "...while giving the parties the opportunity to focus on the ongoing major task of establishing and implementing new engineered work standards for rural carrier employees."

DB.Cooper

The USPS thinks it accomplished something. USPS Labor Relations VP Doug Tulino states publicly that "Overall, this contract results in continued restraint in rural labor costs..."

At face-value, it looks like a draw. Maybe just canned corporate bravado after negotiations. I believe the "restraint" actually lies in the remainder of the quote - "...while giving the parties the opportunity to focus on the ongoing major task of establishing and implementing new engineered work standards for rural carrier employees."
I hope the 2nd part of that means.... maybe in time for the next contract.... on or about 2021 or 2022.... seems right.... about 10 years after the 2012 contract said they were gonna do it.... :unsure: