2080-2240 issues.....

Skierstmoritz

We have no managers and no supervisors, just a pm. We are a small 6 route Podunk office in a village, not even a town! The pm does carry routes, as well as does Amazon Sunday, as well as helps the clerk @ 5am when Amazon arrives and leaves when the last carrier comes back to the barn. The pm is lucky to take 1 day off every 2 weeks. Fried is the operative word for everyone in our office. The poor am clerk has to sort 1000 Amazon parcels, ups drop, plus all the priority pkgs every day. District denies us clerk help also . The pm is not the problem! It is upper management and a feckless, powerless union that are the problem.

Skierstmoritz

@Skierstmoritz - you may find these beneficial:

Thank you so much oi veh! Just finished reading thru the downloads.. as a less than 3 full year regular, I get 13 days annual. They were used due to family issues in january/Feb. No leave left, yet am still in 2080/2240 danger. 3 others have leave but don't appear to have signed anything. I will show them these downloads.

csparks

As a non-invested sub, I'm only aware of 2240 from this site. My concern is that if my Reg goes over on this, then suddenly in Oct-Nov when the dingus really hits the fan, guess who is expected to work 6 days a week?

Is that a possibility. If that starts happening, the RCAs like me that are hanging in their for the team are going to be gone before long.

Voglio-il mio

What good is daca 3 when you can't get the day off anyway. Besides, I'm on the rdwl, I'm entitled to daca 5 if I want it.
I'm with you on this one! Forcing me to have to work my relief day is not my fault its the result of managements ability to hire and maintain a staff sufficient enough to cover operations. I intentionally request Daca 5 in hope it will force management to not want to use me! And to answer "Twingrlie" next comment, if you know the contract you would discover that unless I have signed saying that I would stay under my guaranteed hours they have no recourse because it was not the result of my work habits. Even if I had signed saying that enough leave will be used, I'm only required to use my annual days earn for that year, they can't force me to dip into my bank. The failure was the result of management ability to manage!

Last edited:

Voglio-il mio

We have no managers and no supervisors, just a pm. We are a small 6 route Podunk office in a village, not even a town! The pm does carry routes, as well as does Amazon Sunday, as well as helps the clerk @ 5am when Amazon arrives and leaves when the last carrier comes back to the barn. The pm is lucky to take 1 day off every 2 weeks. Fried is the operative word for everyone in our office. The poor am clerk has to sort 1000 Amazon parcels, ups drop, plus all the priority pkgs every day. District denies us clerk help also . The pm is not the problem! It is upper management and a feckless, powerless union that are the problem.
My office is similar to yours! Hopefully Newie Louie will address offices like ours, formulate a better way to calculate a payroll budget that takes all activities factors into account. Sounds like your Delivery Volume is much higher that your Sales Volume!

Voglio-il mio

Thank you so much oi veh! Just finished reading thru the downloads.. as a less than 3 full year regular, I get 13 days annual. They were used due to family issues in january/Feb. No leave left, yet am still in 2080/2240 danger. 3 others have leave but don't appear to have signed anything. I will show them these downloads.
As I have said "Not Your Circus Not Your Monkeys", you have done your part!

gotstamps

If the carrier constantly chose DACA 5, then it’s kinda self inflicted.
It is NOT ever the Carrier’s fault. If mgmt hired enough subs, Carriers would NOT be working their Relief Day. In a Formula office, mgmt has a habit of forgetting to run the Calculations & pull Saturdays when they can. The Union cannot force mgmt to pull Saturdays, only when adding Saturdays can be Grieved.
As others above have said, mgmt cannot force a Carrier to use any Leave Unless the Carrier signed that they would & only the amount of AL that is earned in 1 year. Carryover AL is safe. Mgmt has other options that need to be visited first & if there is no sit-down & documentation, anything mgmt does is grievable aside from assistance or Admin Leave.

nickiegirl62

It is NOT ever the Carrier’s fault. If mgmt hired enough subs, Carriers would NOT be working their Relief Day. In a Formula office, mgmt has a habit of forgetting to run the Calculations & pull Saturdays when they can. The Union cannot force mgmt to pull Saturdays, only when adding Saturdays can be Grieved.
As others above have said, mgmt cannot force a Carrier to use any Leave Unless the Carrier signed that they would & only the amount of AL that is earned in 1 year. Carryover AL is safe. Mgmt has other options that need to be visited first & if there is no sit-down & documentation, anything mgmt does is grievable aside from assistance or Admin Leave.
As I stated in previous post my 8 days of over the 4th was canceled due to sub assigned to my route quitting and other sub refusing to work the week of the 4th for myself or his primary. Management informed me that he needed me to take a few days off and I just looked at him blinked and said I am not taking a wed thursday off because you wont do your job. He hasnt bothered me since.

gotstamps

Other sub cannot “refuse” to work whether Primary or another route. If they requested off & mgmt approved, that’s on them. They can be disciplined for ”unavailability” if the sub is simply refusing to work. Once your leave is approved, it’s done, enjoy.
I always Grieve any denials regardless of my actual need. 95% of the time, my mgmt didn’t actually check as to if there actually is enough Subs to cover and I show them that they can cover it.

Thomas01#

Its only a number. if an overabundance of rural carriers run over 2080 / 2240 do you think management can do anything against the carriers. It will show that they didn't manage the craft day 1 of the new guaranteed period or follow through in the hiring of subs.

Upper District / Area / HQ EAS Employees are to busy trying to show the new PMG the importance of their jobs.

RDruckus

Indeed you are! I’m just pointing out that a lot of carriers love the D5 until 2240 comes around and they have to use leave because they put themselves in that boat.
The carriers are busting their backs.
Management failures are putting them in that boat.
Carriers should dispassionately watch as management scrambles, to avoid paying for all the extra hours the craft has been working for free.
Skier the 2080/2240 problems are not on you! Mgmt has the problem, not you. This is NOT yours to fix. You've done nothing wrong, you did not cause this. Try to put this out of your head and give yourself a break.

PS do not let them force you into taking lwop.
What he said.
Pm has been begging for help for over a year now! There are no offices with a spare sub within 50 miles. Every office in the area is in the same boat. Plus Amazon Sundays. No rcas anywhere!
This is still a management problem.
You, as craft, do not have the power or authority to fix this.
Besides, that's just one more thing for which you're not being compensated.

Boxholder

The real purpose of this form is for when Carriers select high options.

EXACTLY. I like to research the contract these days to find the items being talked about here. You Regulars need to stand up to this crap! If you haven't signed the agreement to use your own time to make your hard earned overtime go away, HOLD YOUR GROUND!!

Someone correct me if I'm not seeing it but I don't think they can even force you to take ADMIN time to kill your overtime. The simple matter of fact is the CONTRACT addresses the problem for you already. It provides a road to solve this problem and it is called THEY HAVE TO PAY YOU YOUR OVERTIME. Somebody went through the trouble to get that written in the contract and you are just going to piss it away??

You are willfully violating your own contract!! Dammit, I'm mad as hell. If you cave to a manager that screwed you all year by using your own EARNED time per the contract, you are a complete fool that deserves what they get in life.

I can't believe ANYONE would even consider violating the contract for some dumbass manager. OK, I HAVE TO WALK AWAY FOR A MINUTE BEFORE MY HEAD POPS.

PS: 9.2.A.1.M and 9.2.C.7.A for starters. DON'T VIOLATE IT!