• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

2080-2240 issues.....

Skierstmoritz

Can't sleep. Postmaster spoke to us today and 4 of the 6 routes are in danger of exceeding both. District is pitching a fit apparently. We are working a lot, ot on Sundays, 10 hr days and helping each other out during the week when necessary. 2nd trips most every day. Some weeks, like this week, 6 or 7 days. Anyhoo, none of us have ever dealt with this. Pm is cool, being a former carrier, said there isnt anything she can really do since we are so shorthanded. No one has signed anything or is at high 3. Cant take leave, no one to cover. So is this it? Do we keep slogging along with no change And go over both? What then? These are extraordinary times. Pm said our office is just one of many in our area with this issue. Anyone gone thru this? Is there a solution?

There is a standing for hire sign in the lobby, the local offices routinely send out mailings looking to hire, there is no one applying anywhere in our area. It has been this way @ here for years. Just grim now with the parcel avalanche. Will start generating the denied leave slips tho. 1 sub, 6 k routes. Amazon Sunday as well.

There is a standing for hire sign in the lobby, the local offices routinely send out mailings looking to hire, there is no one applying anywhere in our area. It has been this way @ here for years. Just grim now with the parcel avalanche. Will start generating the denied leave slips tho. 1 sub, 6 k routes. Amazon Sunday as well.
1st time I ever recall, pm and clerk did k route Saturday when the sub from another office called in.

A crisis situation, for sure.

Read the recent letter from Ronnie Stutts on the NRLCA website--the unprecedented months-long Xmas like volume has pushed many to the brink, and they want you to document your avalanche of additional work hours due to pkg volumes. They recommend you ask for assistance when you are so obviously overwhelmed with pkgs, and grieve if none is arranged. The hours aren't going to just disappear if they want all the pkgs delivered and don't offer aux help. There's more to the story, of course. But any change starts with having plenty of daily documentation of your pkg volumes not being anywhere near "historic" low, light summer levels, so notate your total pkg numbers daily on your 4240. Then when hours are deemed to be "too many", push back with how pkgs have been "far too many" for months.

My PM also refuses to do the article 9.x.x. meeting.

I don't think you can do much until you have a written notice and meeting. Because right now you don't officially know you are in danger.

Yesterday, Monday 06/28/2020 was one of the heaviest days yet! Christmas and December all year round is pounding this ole dog! Clerks had to deliver packages in their POV's cause we have no LLV's! Hell must be freezing over!
Maybe I'm some kinda dummy, but to me, someone has got to get out from behind a desk and do something about this now. Its summer, the "slow" time and we can't cope. When fall gets here, there will be an uptick in virus, election mail, and increased home Christmas shopping.

The only solution I see is to speak up and tell America we can't do it with the current system. If they want to stay at home and shop, they will have to pay an increased amount, so we can implement and hire for the increased package load. You can't do the work without the infrastructure, people and equipment.

Read the recent letter from Ronnie Stutts on the NRLCA website--the unprecedented months-long Xmas like volume has pushed many to the brink, and they want you to document your avalanche of additional work hours due to pkg volumes. They recommend you ask for assistance when you are so obviously overwhelmed with pkgs, and grieve if none is arranged. The hours aren't going to just disappear if they want all the pkgs delivered and don't offer aux help. There's more to the story, of course. But any change starts with having plenty of daily documentation of your pkg volumes not being anywhere near "historic" low, light summer levels, so notate your total pkg numbers daily on your 4240. Then when hours are deemed to be "too many", push back with how pkgs have been "far too many" for months.
I have been writing the parcel numbers on the 4240 for 4 years now. I remember how horrified I was @ 100/day. Now it's beyond the pale. 294 ystrdy and that's below normal for a Monday now.! We have 1 sub. 6k routes and Amazon Sundays. No one to cove vaca or unexpected sl days. Sub is a trooper! Doing 6 days a week no complaining. Just need 2 more with the same work ethic. Smh

Your management needs to start asking your District for assistance from other stations. When the time comes that they do ask you to commit to using your leave, tell them you’re owed admin days. It’s not your fault they can’t get anyone hired and you’ve been denied leave in the past.

Skier the 2080/2240 problems are not on you! Mgmt has the problem, not you. This is NOT yours to fix. You've done nothing wrong, you did not cause this. Try to put this out of your head and give yourself a break.

PS do not let them force you into taking lwop.

This is worse than Christmas. It was only 91 degrees today but the heat index was 102 and final pull was called at 12:25. Just unbelievable. We had safety come in last week. Did she say anything about getting out past noon in this heat? The answer is no. Did she say anything about our office being close to 90? No. Did she say anything about fans running on extension cords to help with the heat? Yes she did. What a joke. Safety should be renamed to bottom kissers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skier the 2080/2240 problems are not on you! Mgmt has the problem, not you. This is NOT yours to fix. You've done nothing wrong, you did not cause this. Try to put this out of your head and give yourself a break.

PS do not let them force you into taking lwop.
If the carrier constantly chose DACA 5, then it’s kinda self inflicted.

Your management needs to start asking your District for assistance from other stations. When the time comes that they do ask you to commit to using your leave, tell them you’re owed admin days. It’s not your fault they can’t get anyone hired and you’ve been denied leave in the past.
Pm has been begging for help for over a year now! There are no offices with a spare sub within 50 miles. Every office in the area is in the same boat. Plus Amazon Sundays. No rcas anywhere!

Pm has been begging for help for over a year now! There are no offices with a spare sub within 50 miles. Every office in the area is in the same boat. Plus Amazon Sundays. No rcas anywhere!
I’m in Colorado. We had carriers from Seattle delivering the mail during Christmas. They need to get help from other Districts, not just neighboring towns.
We had one station that was so bad, they mandated 6 city carriers from neighboring stations to work as rural carriers for 6 weeks to help the station out. There is definitely a way to get help even if it means people from District have to come carry mail.

Back