• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

2080-2240 issues.....

We have no managers and no supervisors, just a pm. We are a small 6 route Podunk office in a village, not even a town! The pm does carry routes, as well as does Amazon Sunday, as well as helps the clerk @ 5am when Amazon arrives and leaves when the last carrier comes back to the barn. The pm is lucky to take 1 day off every 2 weeks. Fried is the operative word for everyone in our office. The poor am clerk has to sort 1000 Amazon parcels, ups drop, plus all the priority pkgs every day. District denies us clerk help also . The pm is not the problem! It is upper management and a feckless, powerless union that are the problem.

@Skierstmoritz - you may find these beneficial:

Thank you so much oi veh! Just finished reading thru the downloads.. as a less than 3 full year regular, I get 13 days annual. They were used due to family issues in january/Feb. No leave left, yet am still in 2080/2240 danger. 3 others have leave but don't appear to have signed anything. I will show them these downloads.

As a non-invested sub, I'm only aware of 2240 from this site. My concern is that if my Reg goes over on this, then suddenly in Oct-Nov when the dingus really hits the fan, guess who is expected to work 6 days a week?

Is that a possibility. If that starts happening, the RCAs like me that are hanging in their for the team are going to be gone before long.

What good is daca 3 when you can't get the day off anyway. Besides, I'm on the rdwl, I'm entitled to daca 5 if I want it.

I'm with you on this one! Forcing me to have to work my relief day is not my fault its the result of managements ability to hire and maintain a staff sufficient enough to cover operations. I intentionally request Daca 5 in hope it will force management to not want to use me! And to answer "Twingrlie" next comment, if you know the contract you would discover that unless I have signed saying that I would stay under my guaranteed hours they have no recourse because it was not the result of my work habits. Even if I had signed saying that enough leave will be used, I'm only required to use my annual days earn for that year, they can't force me to dip into my bank. The failure was the result of management ability to manage!

Last edited:
We have no managers and no supervisors, just a pm. We are a small 6 route Podunk office in a village, not even a town! The pm does carry routes, as well as does Amazon Sunday, as well as helps the clerk @ 5am when Amazon arrives and leaves when the last carrier comes back to the barn. The pm is lucky to take 1 day off every 2 weeks. Fried is the operative word for everyone in our office. The poor am clerk has to sort 1000 Amazon parcels, ups drop, plus all the priority pkgs every day. District denies us clerk help also . The pm is not the problem! It is upper management and a feckless, powerless union that are the problem.

My office is similar to yours! Hopefully Newie Louie will address offices like ours, formulate a better way to calculate a payroll budget that takes all activities factors into account. Sounds like your Delivery Volume is much higher that your Sales Volume!

Thank you so much oi veh! Just finished reading thru the downloads.. as a less than 3 full year regular, I get 13 days annual. They were used due to family issues in january/Feb. No leave left, yet am still in 2080/2240 danger. 3 others have leave but don't appear to have signed anything. I will show them these downloads.
As I have said "Not Your Circus Not Your Monkeys", you have done your part!

If the carrier constantly chose DACA 5, then it’s kinda self inflicted.
It is NOT ever the Carrier’s fault. If mgmt hired enough subs, Carriers would NOT be working their Relief Day. In a Formula office, mgmt has a habit of forgetting to run the Calculations & pull Saturdays when they can. The Union cannot force mgmt to pull Saturdays, only when adding Saturdays can be Grieved.
As others above have said, mgmt cannot force a Carrier to use any Leave Unless the Carrier signed that they would & only the amount of AL that is earned in 1 year. Carryover AL is safe. Mgmt has other options that need to be visited first & if there is no sit-down & documentation, anything mgmt does is grievable aside from assistance or Admin Leave.

It was already added in when you worked it. If you were to get that X-day, that day would not count just like taking AL or SL.

OK got ya! What I was doing was backward thinking, I added nothing on day/week worked and was adding it back in when it was taken, Thanks for the Info!

It is NOT ever the Carrier’s fault. If mgmt hired enough subs, Carriers would NOT be working their Relief Day. In a Formula office, mgmt has a habit of forgetting to run the Calculations & pull Saturdays when they can. The Union cannot force mgmt to pull Saturdays, only when adding Saturdays can be Grieved.
As others above have said, mgmt cannot force a Carrier to use any Leave Unless the Carrier signed that they would & only the amount of AL that is earned in 1 year. Carryover AL is safe. Mgmt has other options that need to be visited first & if there is no sit-down & documentation, anything mgmt does is grievable aside from assistance or Admin Leave.
As I stated in previous post my 8 days of over the 4th was canceled due to sub assigned to my route quitting and other sub refusing to work the week of the 4th for myself or his primary. Management informed me that he needed me to take a few days off and I just looked at him blinked and said I am not taking a wed thursday off because you wont do your job. He hasnt bothered me since.

Other sub cannot “refuse” to work whether Primary or another route. If they requested off & mgmt approved, that’s on them. They can be disciplined for ”unavailability” if the sub is simply refusing to work. Once your leave is approved, it’s done, enjoy.
I always Grieve any denials regardless of my actual need. 95% of the time, my mgmt didn’t actually check as to if there actually is enough Subs to cover and I show them that they can cover it.

Indeed you are! I’m just pointing out that a lot of carriers love the D5 until 2240 comes around and they have to use leave because they put themselves in that boat.
The carriers are busting their backs.
Management failures are putting them in that boat.
Carriers should dispassionately watch as management scrambles, to avoid paying for all the extra hours the craft has been working for free.
Skier the 2080/2240 problems are not on you! Mgmt has the problem, not you. This is NOT yours to fix. You've done nothing wrong, you did not cause this. Try to put this out of your head and give yourself a break.

PS do not let them force you into taking lwop.
What he said.
Pm has been begging for help for over a year now! There are no offices with a spare sub within 50 miles. Every office in the area is in the same boat. Plus Amazon Sundays. No rcas anywhere!
This is still a management problem.
You, as craft, do not have the power or authority to fix this.
Besides, that's just one more thing for which you're not being compensated.

Your management needs to start asking your District for assistance from other stations. When the time comes that they do ask you to commit to using your leave, tell them you’re owed admin days. It’s not your fault they can’t get anyone hired and you’ve been denied leave in the past.
The District will not provide the assistance- Your PM has to go through the POOM- believe it or not , your PM is a higher level than the analyst in the district-

Your management needs to start asking your District for assistance from other stations. When the time comes that they do ask you to commit to using your leave, tell them you’re owed admin days. It’s not your fault they can’t get anyone hired and you’ve been denied leave in the past.
Assistance from what other stations? Our district even has positions for regulars that no one has bid on locally. The few subs there are have done the math and being a regular at level 2 pay is not nearly as much as a sub working 7 days a week in your home office with such a shortage of carriers. The pay is not enough when you have to work under 100 degree heat, -20 degree cold AND provide a big enough vehicle to haul this stuff. and yes I too am in 2080/2240 trouble with NO RCAs in the office that aren't already holding down a route.

@Boxholder -
Management does have the right to manage our ”Actual“ Work Hours.
Mgmt can put a Carrier on Admin Leave to keep that Carrier from working over 2080/2240 hours. They can also send that Carrier home every day & have an RCA deliver the route if that accomplishes keeping the Regular from going over. Either of these actions is in accordance with Art. 9.2.A.1.m.
As to Art. 9.2.C.7.a, this article pertains only to those Carriers working High Option. High Option Carriers should have signed a PS-4015e agreeing to use their Annual Leave to stay under 2080. This allows management to force a Carrier on Annual Leave up to the 1-year’s worth & then mgmt can use Admin Leave if necessary.

Back