21 New Scans Daily

RFD

Good, so when a customer opens their car door at my CBUs to check the mail I'll hit the "talk to customer about postal products" scan and get paid for the interuption. "Have any outgoing, how's your mail...any issues, sure is hot today, new car?, Caviar?"
Yes, there is a scan for this.

gotstamps

You are hilarious. No, they were added to our base, so for all intents and purposes we have not been getting paid.
If it was added to your “base” then you are being paid. Just depends on how often of each scan was added in.

PastOThirty

Unless they were counted when the study only had 8 scans, and then after they are doing 23. Then they are both getting paid and not getting paid for all the mandated scans. You know, like Amazon, and flats.

RFD

Years ago, there were a very few rural units which were put on the time clock for testing. USPS had this bright idea the time clock would do all the time keeping accounting and payroll leaving x number of hours free in the office. As you can guess, it was an abject failure. More people at the time clock meant late clock rings had to be manually corrected. Rurals do not always take a lunch... necessitating more manual corrections. Sometimes rurals detour on the road...more manual corrections. Carriers can't swipe back to office before the dispatch truck if they are still on the road. If carriers worked over 12 hours, no hiding that by shifting a portion of the hours to another day. The list goes on but, mostly the USPS made the only truly successful team effort I've ever witnessed by sending around a guy who removed all but one office from time clocks. And the last one was only because their software would not except less than one as an acceptable entry.
I remember hearing about that going on. That was about fifteen years ago if I had to guess.

RFD

If it was added to your “base” then you are being paid. Just depends on how often of each scan was added in.
True, however, since I sit at 45: 44 minutes in my evaluation, then they could add another 100 scans and it wouldn't add a change to my pay.....

Rt2mailman

Then you must not be seeing an Amazon parcel increase. In my office we all counted and we all went up 3-4 hours, got paid for everything we are doing.

btdtret

Windindaface -- "I noticed a new scan option of … Carrier did not attempt. Who would be that stupid to use that option?"

-- There could be any number of reasons to use it:

- just to see the expression on supervisor's face.
- pack of loose dogs surrounded my vehicle.
- For "Morty" -- the rickety bridge over the creek washed away.
- package had the same town name, but a different state.
- the nice postal inspector said the package was evidence.
- the tornado took the house.

gerl2

I noticed a new scan option of … Carrier did not attempt. Who would be that stupid to use that option?
The million dollar question does it stop the clock? It is funny they give us these options only to use them and turn around and get yelled at or told not to use such scans because they don't stop the clock. Why give us the option then, they have a list hanging for us now showing which scan do or don't stop the clock? o_O

Rt2mailman

You are right RDrunkus, but my point to Rfd was not counting when Amazon is in play only confirms you will not be paid for any of those parcels.
As far as my office I should have said, "We got paid for everything we WERE doing". Yes it has increased, and we are still working some of the subsidized Amazon parcels for free.

RFD

Then you must not be seeing an Amazon parcel increase. In my office we all counted and we all went up 3-4 hours, got paid for everything we are doing.
My office is nowhere near an Amazon drop point, and I am ok with that. I work in a true rural area.