#22 C$$ RRECs: Box Time

Rural Deviation

Today, C$$ and I sit down and compare the time standards between the current evaluation system and RRECs.

Show Notes can be found below or on our public release google drive:

Check out the 4241-M Comparision Sheet:

Check out C$$'s conversation on the rural mail talk forums:
Regular Box Time:

Centralized Box Time:

NRLCA News Updates:
MOU concerning RCA temporary leave during COVID-19:

MOU concerning Regular Carrier's Leave during COVID-19:

NRLCA updates to Local/State Cancellations:

Call or Text or (315) 338-4268

New Mailing Address at Rural Deviation attn: Josh Brandon
P.O. Box 252 Tullahoma, TN 37388

If you would like to mail in a letter with your thoughts. Also, I’m very interested in old union publications if you are willing to part from them.

Reach out and communicate with the National Board on Social Media or their communication email:
Email: communications@nrlca.org
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NRLCAOfficial
Twitter: www.twitter.com/NRLCA
Instagram: www.instagram.com/NRLCAOfficial

https://soundcloud.com/ruraldeviation%2F22-c-rrecs-box-time

#22 show notes 1.png#22 show notes 2.png#22 show notes 3.png#22 show notes 4.png#22 show notes 5.png

Last edited:

R5

us
just from boxes, losing 6.656 hours.
Add on top of that for losses in flats, small parcels, dps, and scans, and I double that number. But people will still say "I feel we will make out better with rrecs". There are going to be ALOT of stunned rural carriers when they get their new evaluations. Like Hillary Clinton new book, WHAT HAPPENED! 😧

Edge

This folks, is why you don't hear anything about the testing results. They know the times are so off its embarrassing to think it took engineers years to come up with this crap.

mwellis32

This old timer says I hope your very close to retirement! I told you this was a scam!! The TIME CLOCK all of sudden looks very, very good! Like the big pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! So how we carriers going to get paid for all the hours we're working over the RRECS Evaluation every day that we're not going to get paid for anymore?

R5

This old timer says I hope your very close to retirement! I told you this was a scam!! The TIME CLOCK all of sudden looks very, very good! Like the big pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! So how we carriers going to get paid for all the hours we're working over the RRECS Evaluation every day that we're not going to get paid for anymore?
Very simple, you won't. The craft will take another blow, will be interesting to see the associations response to this if there even is one. Absolutely none so far, and if there is one to come, I expect it to be total garbage.

Edge

Very simple, you won't. The craft will take another blow, will be interesting to see the associations response to this if there even is one. Absolutely none so far, and if there is one to come, I expect it to be total garbage.
That's what I've been saying when it's all calculated the final hour tallys will be laughable and unrealistic there will be no way they will be able to make them stick. When you lose 6 hours alone on box factor add that with the other lowered standards and watch the chaos unfold. If you can't even perform your own "demonstrated ability" under these new standards they will eventually be thrown out. I'm not a big hourly fan but I'll gladly accept that over this flawed system. A system I may add that you have no idea if the scanner data is even correct day to day.

C$$

Yes, the end to end test was supposedly completed about a year ago (apr 2019). We've heard so very little about it, and much of what we have heard is contradictory.

If a carrier finds themself in a room or on the phone with a board member, please do us all a favor and press them about the Apr 2019 end to end test!

R5

That's what I've been saying when it's all calculated the final hour tallys will be laughable and unrealistic there will be no way they will be able to make them stick. When you lose 6 hours alone on box factor add that with the other lowered standards and watch the chaos unfold. If you can't even perform your own "demonstrated ability" under these new standards they will eventually be thrown out. I'm not a big hourly fan but I'll gladly accept that over this flawed system. A system I may add that you have no idea if the scanner data is even correct day to day.
I wouldn't count on it being thrown out because they knew the numbers along time ago and this monster is still moving ahead with routes being mapped until C 19 hit. The association should have put the brakes to this as soon as the new standards were released. It took me a hour or so to see this was real bad. Not only are the standards horrible, but the crooks in control of all the data is bad also. Once this hits I'm afraid it's here for good. Association might say " We're looking into it, document everything, scan properly, etc". Years will pass, nothing will change.

DB.Cooper

WE WANT THE "FLAWED" TEST RESULTS, AND WE WANT THEM NOW!!!!

Hey, I like the sound of that! I think I'll write it down and put it in a quick letter to Duke Street.
If the 1st test was flawed and worthless... why not keep running them until the damned thing actually works.... wtf... it didn't work, so now let's just implement it???? :oops:

Oi veh.

Staff member
@Rural Deviation - "other" (OTH) are usually hardship boxes.

from edit book training: "OTH – Any delivery not defined in the above
three categories" (CURB – Curbline Mail is delivered from the vehicle (other than at a CBU), CBU – Cluster Box Unit mail is delivered to a cluster box CENT – Central Apartment style boxes that require an arrow key)

gotstamps

@Rural Deviation - "other" (OTH) are usually hardship boxes.

from edit book training: "OTH – Any delivery not defined in the above
three categories" (CURB – Curbline Mail is delivered from the vehicle (other than at a CBU), CBU – Cluster Box Unit mail is delivered to a cluster box CENT – Central Apartment style boxes that require an arrow key)

Other is also “dismount into a business“ like schools or UPS Stores.

mwellis32

ALL H Routes and RCA's running for the EXITS! What a slap in the face ! They think RRECS is so fair with all its many measurement cutting formulas. How many? 112 and still add up to less time with all the extra BS we put up with and do in a day! Shame on you management and union officers! I just bet the 6 hours less per week is the current average bump.

Last edited:

Rural Deviation

Boys and girls. I understand the frustration and anger about how the times standards in RRECs are very concerning for the future.

I can’t stress hard enough this point. We do not understand the full scope of this system. Without that understanding it is impossible for one individual to judge this system as a whole.

As C$$ and I have spent countless hours talking about this situation, I have no better clue to how this will affect our craft as a whole. While certain time standards took hits. Things to keep in mind is the fact the study found other time standards that are not factored in the current evaluation system.

As soon as the information is available and C$$ and I will nail down the effect on our craft I will come to a final conclusion of my thoughts.

We have hard questions for our leadership. We will continue to demand open and honest conversation and spread of information.

But please let’s as a whole reserve judgement until we know the complete picture.

Last edited:

DB.Cooper

How can they implement an untested system... we've heard the last April end to end test failed so miserably, it was basically useless and trashed...

If that's true, why not run another test that produces useful results... it's the height of ridiculousness, and BS, that they're just gonna say, of it was useless so we don't wanna talk about it....

I for one, am not holding my breath for the NRLCA to now become the great communicators, and keep us inforned... color me skeptical.... just sayin'... I'll believe it, when I see it.... :oops: