2nd trips

Jess

I’m not sure if this has been an asked.. our office has 100% Amazon. We get a lot of large packages and pretty much almost every day we are making multiple trips. I actually preferred to take the big ones in the morning while we’re waiting on a truck versus just sitting around doing nothing. Well that’s not really considered a second trip I’m OK with how I’m paid extra.

Get paid wait time,( be sure all your office duties are up to date, make sure you have nothing to do except wait, go to your super and advise wait time and sit at the lunch table and twiddle your thumbs. Do not take lunch while waiting) Eventually they will wonder why all the wait time. I know it sounds absurd to do this but as long as we are willing to help them out, (which we only see as helping ourselves) the more deficiencies they send our way and we seem to always find a way to handle this bs, therefore nothing changes.

And don't let them tell you they can only pay an hour a week this is not true there is just another way to pay you!!!!

Jess

I've learned you have to pick your battles with the Post Office. There will always be a negative effect.. If I pay me for wait time.. they will say come in an hour later. Im good.. I don't mind delivering my pacakges in the AM and getting paid 2mins a mile plus load..

Risen145

I really do wish there was a better way to fight this. A friend of mine on the city side was the one who at our previous job *he worked 2 jobs, 1 of which is usps* has enlightened me to a lot of what they deal with. They may have all their crap, they may be paid hourly, but ironically, they do have a higher pay scale than us. He said he just capped, and his base pay is $38 / hr.

I am definitely tired of unfair compensation for their inadequacies. Now, if they want to offer me an LLV, sure. I may lose the A/C for my PoV, but you'll be paying me load time and 2 minutes a mile while I burn your gas into the ground and tear that truck up speed running my route! (While being accurate on delivery of course.) Why? Because I can. USPS doesn't pay enough to care for us, so if I ever do get offered an LLV, I won't care for it. Tear it up and give me another when it craps out.

What can I say, I am jaded as a carrier. Started as an RCA and got the privilege of throwing parcels at 5:30 A.M. til finish, running my route, helping another route, staying out until 7-10+ daily 6 days a week, then running sunday amazon, followed by the next week like that. First hire date, I ran that way for 83 days straight. As a Regular, you are damn right I don't care. PAY UP!!

Deer smearer

I really do wish there was a better way to fight this. A friend of mine on the city side was the one who at our previous job *he worked 2 jobs, 1 of which is usps* has enlightened me to a lot of what they deal with. They may have all their crap, they may be paid hourly, but ironically, they do have a higher pay scale than us. He said he just capped, and his base pay is $38 / hr.

I am definitely tired of unfair compensation for their inadequacies. Now, if they want to offer me an LLV, sure. I may lose the A/C for my PoV, but you'll be paying me load time and 2 minutes a mile while I burn your gas into the ground and tear that truck up speed running my route! (While being accurate on delivery of course.) Why? Because I can. USPS doesn't pay enough to care for us, so if I ever do get offered an LLV, I won't care for it. Tear it up and give me another when it craps out.

What can I say, I am jaded as a carrier. Started as an RCA and got the privilege of throwing parcels at 5:30 A.M. til finish, running my route, helping another route, staying out until 7-10+ daily 6 days a week, then running sunday amazon, followed by the next week like that. First hire date, I ran that way for 83 days straight. As a Regular, you are damn right I don't care. PAY UP!!
Agreed on the LLV.

People say they are pieces of junk. I don't agree. Sure, they're lacking the creature comforts. But considering the abuse they get they do a lot.

I would NEVER drive a POV like I drive the LLV. If you switch me to DPS 43/PPM for LLV don't be surprised when I make up the time stopping at and departing from boxes.

Sorry LLV. It's nothing personal.