43H to 41J difference

Rca4ever1

Best answers
So, anyone out there benefit from being moved to a “J”? It looks like My paycheck is gonna go down, but if I work the “J” day at OT will it be about the same as if I was a 43H?

thanks!

RDruckus

Best answers
So, anyone out there benefit from being moved to a “J”? It looks like My paycheck is gonna go down, but if I work the “J” day at OT will it be about the same as if I was a 43H?

thanks!
Your pay will go down 2 OT (overtime) hours a week, or 4 OT hours a pay period.
If you work your J day at time and a half (DACA 5), you will make more than you did before.

(Approximately 8 hours of overtime added, to negate the 4 hours of OT you lost.)

Rcflyn

Best answers
Same here. I worded 2 jobs from 2012 - 2019. Factory job had me doing 40-60 hour weeks, generally 48, 6 8hour days, but occasionally 6 10 hour days.
Plus, my aux route, luckily it was a 2.83 hour a day route, and I had a sub that would work every Monday’s and tuesdays for me, so I was only doing 11ish hours a week in po, but 11ish hours a week in po on top of 48-60 in factory was killing me. When I finally landed my “k” route, I was lost for about 3 months not doing 6 days a week. But, now, just over a year into regular carrier, , my 2 days off every week are worth way more to me than the overtime hours I’ve lost out on.... granted, I’m making more now than I was when I worked 2 jobs, but I wouldn’t give up my 2 days off for anything. I’ve had to a few times over the year I’ve been regular, and I’ve always chosen “daca 3” as my option for working my day off. Paid half rate for working day off, but get an “X” day off within 12 weeks PAID. Now, I actually enjoy trying to build up my X days, to try taking a free vacation week off. But I still haven’t gotten higher than 3 accumulated X Days, due to the 12 week restriction, but it sure is nice having an X or 2 stashed for Holliday weekends..... lol.....
Seriously, take the J, and enjoy your 2 days off every other week. Your free time is worth WAY more than the couple hours overtime you’ll be loosing..