• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

8127 Time Retaliation

ruralrouteballa

Been a month since I filed a hostile workplace grievance for harassment and retaliation, nothing has happened. Antagonist supervisor still there and I am still coming in on 46k route at 11 a.m. My time was switched to then because I asked for 8127 time as I was ready to go waiting. Though properly recorded they didn't pay me on several occasions. I think i have had like 6 or 8 grievances in last couple months. It is just sad.

Been a month since I filed a hostile workplace grievance for harassment and retaliation, nothing has happened. Antagonist supervisor still there and I am still coming in on 46k route at 11 a.m. My time was switched to then because I asked for 8127 time as I was ready to go waiting. Though properly recorded they didn't pay me on several occasions. I think i have had like 6 or 8 grievances in last couple months. It is just sad.

Have you gone up the chain of command in the union ??

That's :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop: BS!

That really frosts my cupcakes.

I think the C19 response has summed up the works for our grievance process.
The union should be able to help with that start time, now.
Can you take this a step up in the union structure with an enquiring phone call?
The 11 a.m. grievance is at step 2, the hostile workplace is at step 1. I should do another call to DR. Thanks.

Can you imagine the city side union handling this. It would be the last time management in this office would try anything like this, the city union would get their pound of flesh. 11:00 AM is so outrageous and over the top, the union should have jumped on this and settled it the same day. When is this carrier supposed to return from the street at 8:00 PM. I had a carrier in my old office who would do anything management ordered him to do but he made them pay for it with his hours on the street. Making supervisors wait on him for as long as it took for them to relent. He would have had fun with an 11:00 AM start time. He would have been back at 9:00 or 9:30 PM. Management never asked this guy twice, he made sure they remembered the first time. You have to have a certain amount of hutzpah and a small amount of rage to pull this off day after day though. None of which should be necessary if we had a union, a real union I mean.

Can you imagine the city side union handling this. It would be the last time management in this office would try anything like this, the city union would get their pound of flesh. 11:00 AM is so outrageous and over the top, the union should have jumped on this and settled it the same day. When is this carrier supposed to return from the street at 8:00 PM. I had a carrier in my old office who would do anything management ordered him to do but he made them pay for it with his hours on the street. Making supervisors wait on him for as long as it took for them to relent. He would have had fun with an 11:00 AM start time. He would have been back at 9:00 or 9:30 PM. Management never asked this guy twice, he made sure they remembered the first time. You have to have a certain amount of hutzpah and a small amount of rage to pull this off day after day though. None of which should be necessary if we had a union, a real union I mean.

Its not a Union its an Association and they prove it every day!

11 am?! I have this exact scenario in my office. Everyone comes in at 745, my start time 9 am because I always have to wait for clerks to do accountable cart. I take DPS to street. So finally I filed wait time grievance, they pushed my start time back, PM curses, yells because i filed on her, so then I file hostile workplace, she writes me up several times, union steward does nothing except buddy buddy up to her. USELESS

If i didnt have a family or love my family i would do this. I just want to get home asap to be with my babies. Too bad, i would love to punish them in this way. I have had a few days after 730 and 1 day after 830...and they were pissed! I was wishing they said something as i was still under eval...they knew better i guess ?

Its not a Union its an Association and they prove it every day!
Maybe because I am under 10 years service...maybe because I just recently started educating myself more on contract...maybe that is where my optimism comes from...but I am not huge on the union bashing because life would definitely be worse without it; but they have failed on this case. Other carriers already told me they would never file grievances like I have because they see the retaliation and how management gets away with it...for a time.

I have never lost a grievance, props to the union. But man why so so so very slowly drawn out. We need more efficient systems...or manpower....something!!! God help us.

Other carriers already told me they would never file grievances like I have because they see the retaliation and how management gets away with it...for a time.

I think of grievances in this way
(Ivan Pavlov - Behavior modification - Classical conditioning & Orienting response

The 11 a.m. grievance is at step 2, the hostile workplace is at step 1. I should do another call to DR. Thanks.
Step 1 is handled by the steward. They have ten days to meet. Ask them what the holdup is. If they don’t meet with management within ten days they file a time limit extension or deny it and it gets sent to step 2.

Last edited:
Back