• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

8127 time

Guin

About 2 weeks ago a little less then half my route was not delivered by a sub on my k day because we had a VERY mild snow storm. I'm not even sure what he was doing out there because almost every other route in my office was able to be completed. He was called back to the office and made to case everything and just left parcels sitting there most weren't even scanned. It turned out being a disaster because everything was cased wrong. It took me an hour longer then it normally would have to finish my route given the volume, I was the last one back, outside of my eval and stuck explaining to district why I was back so late. Both my supervisor and PM came to look at the diabolical and said nothing no help offered etc. I was so mad I wrote down on the 4240 how much additional time it took me in the office and time on the street (8127 time). They then decided to have a meeting with all the carriers where they stated that 8127 time needed to be approved by them and that a carrier just cant claim it on their 4240. I was not compensated on this check and I'm quite peeved because it's not like they ddnt know that the sub pulled this. Am I SOL for the additional time it took me as a result of this sub because 8127 time needs to be approved? Total time I requested was an hours worth.

According to the P603. All duties must be completed by the sub.. therefore if they don’t pay you file ASAP. You did the right thing by waiting to see if it was on your paycheck, which it was not. You have 14 days to file from here.

they basically can give you either aux assistance or pay you 8127 time

I have dealt with this on a number of occasions, you must get your day off, like Jess said, either help or pay. They will try to cheat you if you let them. I have seen them do it to other carriers that backed down. A carrier next to me said oh well it’s only an hour and I said no you need to be paid, so she pushed and they paid her.

@Guin... A couple of questions. You mention... I was the last one back, outside of my eval and stuck explaining to district why I was back so late.

Did you actually have to explain what was going on to someone from district? Do you have to do it everytime you are outside your EVAL parameter?

Just saying... that should have been your Leaders job and not yours. If you do chit chat with someone from district and want to poke for a little more 8127 time claim the chit chat time too.

@Guin... A couple of questions. You mention... I was the last one back, outside of my eval and stuck explaining to district why I was back so late.

Did you actually have to explain what was going on to someone from district? Do you have to do it everytime you are outside your EVAL parameter?

Just saying... that should have been your Leaders job and not yours. If you do chit chat with someone from district and want to poke for a little more 8127 time claim the chit chat time too.
I did not speak directly to someone from district, but was called into the supers office and told that a reason for me getting back so late needed to be provided to them. Super took notes as I gave my explanation.

According to this step 4 grievance does the weather count as a factor to allow this sub to have brought the mail back when most other carriers in the office did not have a problem, except for maybe a few boxes?

According to this step 4 grievance does the weather count as a factor to allow this sub to have brought the mail back when most other carriers in the office did not have a problem, except for maybe a few boxes?
When you file make sure you make it worth your wild for all the trouble ask to be paid an X day since you did not receive your relief day. This will help your case in the future, like above poster they don't leave crap for them because they know it will be grieved. I had to do the same thing because they were only having subs take first and second leaving all bulk for us regulars, they were getting done 2 to 3 hours early. This does not happen with me anymore but the other regulars will come back with mail undelivered and these incidents don't have to do with snow storm just normal regular days.

When you file make sure you make it worth your wild for all the trouble ask to be paid an X day since you did not receive your relief day. This will help your case in the future, like above poster they don't leave crap for them because they know it will be grieved. I had to do the same thing because they were only having subs take first and second leaving all bulk for us regulars, they were getting done 2 to 3 hours early. This does not happen with me anymore but the other regulars will come back with mail undelivered and these incidents don't have to do with snow storm just normal regular days.
That's a great idea thank you!

Back