A random thought about RRECS

Windindaface

Best answers
With the result #'s in... If the MACHINE seriously thought they would take a hit that was a loss to them which they could not negotiate away. Why aren't we toting a route rider quarterly like City on all routes? Scanner input? If it can't be used for discipline why can it be used for RRECS from such a small sample?

Last edited:

DB.Cooper

Best answers
I'm still curious as to what the ~4205 route "test" is gonna do... I mean, I thought this beast was thoroughly test driven for YEARS... what is this (supposedly) one last hoopdy-doo all about???

What about all of that, the final recommendations and determinations are not subject to appeal or grievance BS... at this point shouldn't everything already be carved in granite??? 👺

btdtret

Best answers
DB.Cooper et al -- "What about all of that, the final recommendations and determinations are not subject to appeal or grievance BS... at this point shouldn't everything already be carved in granite? "

-- It should be, but when the companies in MA, GA, NH, SD and ID find out the folks are from the USPS and NRLCA, the company owners won't let them near the granite quarries.

Boston65

Best answers
The test offices were mapped then left alone. With all of the time that has passed, one would assume all of these routes have gone through significant changes. The re-mapping may be a balance and check for the software. A check to see if the software was able to make the changes along with the route.

martian

Best answers
The test offices were mapped then left alone. With all of the time that has passed, one would assume all of these routes have gone through significant changes. The re-mapping may be a balance and check for the software. A check to see if the software was able to make the changes along with the route.
You don't need to remap all 4000+ routes to "balance and check for the software." I'll bet 100 randomly selected routes could verify if the software is able to make the changes along the route. IMO, the "test" is to tryout the RRECS system to gather data for negotiations, not to further the implementation of RRECS system. And the union should say the USPS is stalling the timely implementation of the RRECS system and demand compensation/penalty pay.

Rt2mailman

Best answers
Martian, I believe you are correct. Not only is THIS to be used as another delay to what the USPS sees as a big loss of $$$, but the "re-training" of the people that will be facilitating the mapping of the routes has also been delayed. Program glitch , they say, "In the training program".

gotstamps

Best answers
The “re-mapping” is on a more Simplified System that is supposed to be more accurate & easier to use.

btdtret

Best answers
Windindaface -- "They are but not in granite. Notice the negotiation nit pick damage."

-- Egyptian rulers were noted for chiseling out sections on walls and monuments to erase any reference of their enemies' existence.

-- No doubt the USPS feels it can do the same.

Rt2mailman

Best answers
Pen and paper would be to slow. I think Google maps and a knowledgeable carrier would work.

btdtret

Best answers
Rt2mailman et al -- " I think Google maps and a knowledgeable carrier would work. "

-- Probably mentioned long ago when mapping first started:

Simply put the carrier and someone knowledgeable with the mapping program in a vehicle. Either one could drive the route while the other enters data into a laptop computer.

-- That would seem to beat having the carrier drive miles away from the route and try to remember which side of the driveway the mail box was on as well as the customer's preferred area to leave parcels, etc.

LostinDakota

Best answers
Just a thought as I delivered after yet another blizzard. Is there a seasonal choice on the RRECs system as to where packages can be left? Usually it is at the front door, but today it was mostly in front of the attached garage as I was not climbing that 4 foot drift in front of the porch to put a package there.

Rt2mailman

Best answers
The mapping will be done on Google maps with the streetside feature, where you will be looking at the front of the house/drive way, or in my case cow path from a satellite picture. The place where you place parcels "most of the time" will be used. The "bread crumbs" (a series of blue dots) will show where the carrier has gone for the last 2 weeks before the mapping. That is the reason it is very important that carriers carry the scanner with them and scan at the door/garage, while following their official line of travel.

stillfirstclass

Best answers
Just a thought as I delivered after yet another blizzard. Is there a seasonal choice on the RRECs system as to where packages can be left? Usually it is at the front door, but today it was mostly in front of the attached garage as I was not climbing that 4 foot drift in front of the porch to put a package there.
just another thought, that 3.1 mph pace for walking scam.. even with cleats, not happening, maybe back to the car empty handed..

DB.Cooper

Best answers
👹
Martian, I believe you are correct. Not only is THIS to be used as another delay to what the USPS sees as a big loss of $$$, but the "re-training" of the people that will be facilitating the mapping of the routes has also been delayed. Program glitch , they say, "In the training program".
👹

Glitches in a USPS automated program... totally surprised... (Not!)...

Will RRECS have any less glitches than the Parcel LookAhead program... not to worry, it's only our pay that will depend on it... 😳

For Face:

Last edited:

Sandygirl

Best answers
God Bless you all up north, from the deep south area...… don't know how you all manage it.....