A random thought about RRECS

ibd1

Somewhere there is a supervisor looking at this picture thinking how they used to deliver in weather worse than this and they did it with six box holders that day,13 trays of dps, 200 feet of flats and so many packages they had to strap them on top of their vehicle.

DB.Cooper

Somewhere there is a supervisor looking at this picture thinking how they used to deliver in weather worse than this and they did it with six box holders that day,13 trays of dps, 200 feet of flats and so many packages they had to strap them on top of their vehicle.
And their ability to lie was what first identified them as mngt material... that and their inability to deliver their route... :ROFLMAO:

Voglio-il mio

The mapping will be done on Google maps with the streetside feature, where you will be looking at the front of the house/drive way, or in my case cow path from a satellite picture. The place where you place parcels "most of the time" will be used. The "bread crumbs" (a series of blue dots) will show where the carrier has gone for the last 2 weeks before the mapping. That is the reason it is very important that carriers carry the scanner with them and scan at the door/garage, while following their official line of travel.
Just a note, this information has been readily shared with Union members since this study was started years ago but not with all Rural Carriers due to the NRLCA philosophy of only shearing important information that effect all of us in the Rural Craft with paying members. Most nonmembers are clueless about 70% of their jobs as well as all the details of the things that effect it! I guess the question is will the NRLCA make an effort to inform ALL in the interest of the CRAFT when the implementation happens!

Last edited:

Rt2mailman

Probably not, and wouldn't that be a way to increase membership? If you were a member you would make more $ because you would know how and what to do with your scanner. Nothing is secret forever, we would tell you here. Maybe you could buy RI a "coffe" with the $ you save from what you learn here.

btdtret

Windindaface -- "A customer complained today about my refusal to drive down this to drop parcel too big for box in llv when Domino's delivered pizza last night. "

-- Nice picture!!

-- In an LLV no less, and probably without snow tires and or chains either.

-- If manglement sided with the customer, invite manglement to drive down the skating rink!

-- Any chance of getting a picture of Domino's delivery vehicle?

stillfirstclass

Just a note, this information has been readily shared with Union members since this study was started years ago but not with all Rural Carriers due to the NRLCA philosophy of only shearing important information that effect all of us in the Rural Craft with paying members. Most nonmembers are clueless about 70% of their jobs as well as all the details of the things that effect it! I guess the question is will the NRLCA make an effort to inform ALL in the interest of the CRAFT when the implementation happens!
been paying union dues to the nrlca since the mid 80's.. been an officer, part of qwl, and attended most mail count schools and a dozen meetings.. MOST of the info from the time study (which i am not part of) came from this great website!

Voglio-il mio

been paying union dues to the nrlca since the mid 80's.. been an officer, part of qwl, and attended most mail count schools and a dozen meetings.. MOST of the info from the time study (which i am not part of) came from this great website!
This is my point exactly! I have pick up some things from State meetings or the States Quarterly magazine but this has been my main go to point for information! Now just think of all those thousands of Rural Carriers that get none of their information from these sources and relies on updates, training and information from the USPS or even worst (god forbid) their Postmaster! (n)(n)

Windindaface

The special LLV winter equipment issued is none. Used to have a shovel and a small 2gal container of kitty litter/snow salt kept in the small door hole behind the tray. If we dug ourselves out of a snowbank we were paid 8127 time. An inspector visited one day and deemed shovel and salt were unsafe and a possible projectile in an accident. Now we sit and wait. We never had snow chains.

When I started many moons ago the standard LLV retread tires were replaced with a high quality studded snow tires in many Rural LLV offices around here. Since then the USPS has a claim of studded tires are not better than the standard issue and are not proven to be any safer. So when the sets of studded wore out that was the end of them. Now we are issued ice cleats to wear (personal choice) when walking on ice but must remove them to drive. If ice cleats are studded tires for the feet?

Management sides with the carrier 100% of the time. Instructions are if you feel you can't make it up or down the driveway leave a notice. The only reason I took the photo was the customer called about redelivery and their driveway was usable.

stillfirstclass

This is my point exactly! I have pick up some things from State meetings or the States Quarterly magazine but this has been my main go to point for information! Now just think of all those thousands of Rural Carriers that get none of their information from these sources and relies on updates, training and information from the USPS or even worst (god forbid) their Postmaster! (n)(n)
it is no secret the union does not appreciate this site the way us carriers do.. if the union didn't hold back, maybe none of these friendships would have developed?

just another thought, that 3.1 mph pace for walking scam.. even with cleats, not happening, maybe back to the car empty handed..
That is one of the biggest scams of this RREC's study. I was sure walking time was going to increase. People don't usually walk at that pace unless they are on the treadmill. And if they wanted to use this pace for walking in the office it might be one thing (but even there it's much too fast since we are walking in short stretches and walking around items which require slowing your pace). But to use that standard when we are walking up and down hills, over rocks, carrying huge packages, walking in snow and on ice?????? I just would like an answer to how they decided to stick with the exact same figure that we previously had. lt clearly wasn't arrived at through a scientific study of a carrier's true pace in the field.

Oi veh.

Staff member
That is one of the biggest scams of this RREC's study. I was sure walking time was going to increase. People don't usually walk at that pace unless they are on the treadmill. And if they wanted to use this pace for walking in the office it might be one thing (but even there it's much too fast since we are walking in short stretches and walking around items which require slowing your pace). But to use that standard when we are walking up and down hills, over rocks, carrying huge packages, walking in snow and on ice?????? I just would like an answer to how they decided to stick with the exact same figure that we previously had. lt clearly wasn't arrived at through a scientific study of a carrier's true pace in the field.
There was that one poster on here who used to brag about freakin' RUNNING to the door, literally...

Windindaface

@too many yrs left … The people in the study group are all long legged. Able to hop over snowbanks and the lawn land mines in a single leap.

My math at .00429 per sec translates into 2.9mph. A little slower than what is the accepted norm.

I still would have to disagree with walking speed. I googled several different sites and saw avg walking speed being 2.8 on one and 2.3 on another. I did see some that listed 3mph as avg. but again that is for a walking pace not carrying 70lb pkgs uphill on rough terrain in a foot of snow. A fitness website states 3mph is the avg speed to achieve mx. heart rate for exercise. Naismith's rule uses 3mph for walking trails and then adds time for ascents. Then when you start looking at avg.'s for older people, arthritic people etc.... I don't see how in the world they thought they could use that for an average.

w2e2w2e

What is that white stuff on road?
That does not look like sand or sun at all!!
I am in sunny southwest, if it gets below 50 and we all break out our thick puffy jackets, then complain about how freezing cold it is...
Yes I enjoy 110...go figure.

Hoke9999

Usps collect the mail volume by New RRECS system....so from the FEB... my st package too much reduce...our usps comfimation package delivery not me by UPS....everyday only big and heavy package about 30 our package by UPS...UPS guy can scan our usps confirmation package...

Why...last year during the mailcount session UPS delivered usps package...same thing now ... usps new RRECS system collect the package number...package size....package weight.... usps cheating?..they start from FEB

btdtret

Windindaface et al -- "My math at .00429 per sec translates into 2.9 mph. A little slower than what is the accepted norm. "

-- According to Arbitrator Clarke's award, 0.00429 equates to 2.647 mph.

-- Clarke did accept the NRLCA's proposal to change Walking Speed from 4 miles per hours ( 0.00284 minutes per foot ) to 2.647 mph.

-- The USPS did not challenge it.

stillfirstclass

I still would have to disagree with walking speed. I googled several different sites and saw avg walking speed being 2.8 on one and 2.3 on another. I did see some that listed 3mph as avg. but again that is for a walking pace not carrying 70lb pkgs uphill on rough terrain in a foot of snow. A fitness website states 3mph is the avg speed to achieve mx. heart rate for exercise. Naismith's rule uses 3mph for walking trails and then adds time for ascents. Then when you start looking at avg.'s for older people, arthritic people etc.... I don't see how in the world they thought they could use that for an average.
that is for in the office as well.. i cannot go more than 6ft without stopping or sidestepping or turning

DB.Cooper

🤪Was the "time study" really ever intended as a new pay system??

Look at all of the BS that has come from it... pretty much none of it has impacted our pay tho, but there was no GPS before the little flippy phones that came in shortly after this began... picture of Google map locations for deliveries... nope... none of that...

So they've done a lot of BS with this "time study"... mostly invented some new games to be played to waste some more of useless do-nothing managements time... really couldn't they have just put some PacMan games and such on their computers and accomplished about the same thing??? For a lot less $$$ money too... 🤪🤑

charlie

🤪Was the "time study" really ever intended as a new pay system??

Look at all of the BS that has come from it... pretty much none of it has impacted our pay tho, but there was no GPS before the little flippy phones that came in shortly after this began... picture of Google map locations for deliveries... nope... none of that...

So they've done a lot of BS with this "time study"... mostly invented some new games to be played to waste some more of useless do-nothing managements time... really couldn't they have just put some PacMan games and such on their computers and accomplished about the same thing??? For a lot less $$$ money too... 🤪🤑
DB
DB What makes you think they don't have PacMan on their computers? And, you are showing your age and their age... PacMan was back in the stoner ages..