After reviewing this matter, we mutually agree that no national interpretive issue is fairly presented in this case.

hunchback

This seems to work as an answer for every question we all have here.

Where's the contract?

After reviewing this matter, we mutually agree that no national interpretive issue is fairly presented in this case.

Can they change my schedule again?

Can they deny/cancel my leave?

Can they force me to work my relief day with two broken legs?

DB.Cooper

They can even send that automatic reply from the floor of the latest party, er convention, they're attending... 🥳

How convenient... 🤩

Morty

Hold on. It takes about 2 years of grievances to get to that point.

Got discipline? If you grieve it to step 4, you might as well accepted it because you'll have served the 2 years. "Time served" what a joke.

TheDude

I have, what seems to me, a very simple grievance that is unresolved after 54 weeks currently.

It simply asks if management can force us to detour to bring outgoing mail back if we aren't going to make dispatch. And if so, how are we paid?

This went on over a year with me when PM moved back start time until evaluation plus 30 minutes put me after dispatch. Then PM required me to detour in to bring mail back and said it would be paid 2nd trip time.

I'm guessing this will result in the familiar response mentioned above.

Shafted

Kind of when I had an asshole rural analyst who redlined me reloading the satchel for 66 apartments split over 5 buildings, and two stop driving locations. 66 deliveries of mail and pkgs would never fit. He redlined the extra 60 seconds it took to reload bag at second park location. I grieved, and got it. Fast forward to next count. Same shit, different day. Grieved. Out of town PM at
the step 2 the second time around was like “didn’t we settle this before?” Nothing is ever settled with the PO. At every turn they look to screw you with our Swiss cheese “no National interpretive” contract. I am so sad for what’s ahead for you all. Blatant disrespect for agreement at every turn. No other employer in the US would get away with any of this.

btdtret

TheDude -- "This went on over a year with me when PM moved back start time until evaluation plus 30 minutes put me after dispatch.

-- Hopefully your grievance cited Article 30.1.G -- Scheduling. in part: Scheduling is the responsibility of the Employer. Schedules SHALL BE REALISTIC, based upon the receipt and availability of the mail, the route evaluation, and other related service considerations.

The rural carrier will receive REASONABLE advance notice when the schedule is to be changed. ( did you? )

"Then PM required me to detour in to bring mail back and said it would be paid 2nd trip time."

-- "Deviate" probably a better term than "detour".

-- Not enough RCA's available to be sent out to where the carriers are to collect the out-going mails.

-- Not that it matters, but a "2nd trip" is when the carrier COMPLETES the route, returns to the post office to take out parcels that would not fit on the first trip or came in after the carrier hit the streets. ( JMHO )

-- A little more "gas" to toss on the fire. M-38, Section 332.1 Schedule - General: PROPER scheduling depends upon an intimate knowledge of operating concepts ( e.g. mail flow ) plus a complete awareness of the operational characteristics of the unit. Consideration MUST be given to:

a. the receipt and availability or mail,
b. the time required for the carrier to case all mail and perform office duties before leaving to serve the route,
c. the time NECESSARY for the carrier to serve the route AND return to the office in time for the dispatch of mail collected.

-- IMHO - doesn't sound as if your manglement has "intimate" knowledge of your office's concepts and operational characteristics.

TheDude

TheDude -- "This went on over a year with me when PM moved back start time until evaluation plus 30 minutes put me after dispatch.

-- Hopefully your grievance cited Article 30.1.G -- Scheduling. in part: Scheduling is the responsibility of the Employer. Schedules SHALL BE REALISTIC, based upon the receipt and availability of the mail, the route evaluation, and other related service considerations.

The rural carrier will receive REASONABLE advance notice when the schedule is to be changed. ( did you? )

"Then PM required me to detour in to bring mail back and said it would be paid 2nd trip time."

-- "Deviate" probably a better term than "detour".

-- Not enough RCA's available to be sent out to where the carriers are to collect the out-going mails.

-- Not that it matters, but a "2nd trip" is when the carrier COMPLETES the route, returns to the post office to take out parcels that would not fit on the first trip or came in after the carrier hit the streets. ( JMHO )

-- A little more "gas" to toss on the fire. M-38, Section 332.1 Schedule - General: PROPER scheduling depends upon an intimate knowledge of operating concepts ( e.g. mail flow ) plus a complete awareness of the operational characteristics of the unit. Consideration MUST be given to:

a. the receipt and availability or mail,
b. the time required for the carrier to case all mail and perform office duties before leaving to serve the route,
c. the time NECESSARY for the carrier to serve the route AND return to the office in time for the dispatch of mail collected.

-- IMHO - doesn't sound as if your manglement has "intimate" knowledge of your office's concepts and operational characteristics.
Thanks for the correction on detour. Deviate was used in the grievance. It must be this constant pain I am in from my newly acquired sciatica.

The D.R., who is supposedly handling the grievance told me unless I am missing dispatch almost daily it wasn't worth grieving it as they will say I have proven I can make dispatch. This is a $120k per year District Representative.

Windindaface

Now that many are aware of the shell game of disparity. A simple solution would be... those who represent us on a National or District level must be ditch drivers who should only earn what their route EVAL is and obey all written rules we underlings must follow. IE if their route is vacant due to lack of coverage they should cover it. Want time off from National/District duties? Submit leave slip to home office.

Haychica

This seems to work as an answer for every question we all have here.

Where's the contract?

Can they change my schedule again?

Can they deny/cancel my leave?

Can they force me to work my relief day with two broken legs?

Ive been screaming about this for years...wth..we HAVE a legal consultant ( Michael Gan?)that WE PAY to make sure our contract language is thorough...smh...
Its disgraceful ..that's why our dues are mismanaged and the contract is a joke

Haychica

Thanks for the correction on detour. Deviate was used in the grievance. It must be this constant pain I am in from my newly acquired sciatica.

The D.R., who is supposedly handling the grievance told me unless I am missing dispatch almost daily it wasn't worth grieving it as they will say I have proven I can make dispatch. This is a $120k per year District Representative.
making dispatch isn't the issue...wth?!😕