• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

All Aux routes getting the new Mercedes vans

Never mind posting a photo. Just saw the rural info story with photos. The cage makes those vehicles not at all conducive to efficient rural delivery. So I guess RRECS will take into consideration the constant getting in and out? Looks like no real space between drivers seat and table.

All REGULAR routes in my area are getting them next month or so. Aux routes are not on the list here to get them.
I lucked out, purchased a 2017 Jeep RHD 2 years ago and I am not obligated to get one now for 2 or 3 more years. I was on the list to get one but was passed over since I put in for and received the $1000 stipend from the PO.

All -- JMHO - not all POV routes will be getting the Mercedes.

-- 12,664 to be deployed to rural EMA routes

-- Rural Stats: 36,761 POV routes

-- In the "Not That It Matters" Department: somewhere along the threads, someone referred to the Mercedes as a "merc". To the older generation, "merc" meant a Mercury car.

shoe72 -- "I was on the list to get one but was passed over since I put in for and received the $1000 stipend from the PO. "

-- Hopefully the lucky recipient will put you on their Christmas Card list!

Can someone post a photo of this new van? It doesnt sound at all practical for a rural route not being able to reach back. Is there a table like the LLVs, space in the center for spurs? I'm an aux carrier and it sounds awful!
Yes it will have the table atleast. Dumb as hell to not have a cage that opens. Imagine, customer waiting at the mailbox to get their package and you still gotta get out of the vehicle. Oy!!

Give my 44K/L run one. I will be more than happy to put it through a vigorous "Test Drive".

Add your comment because you don't have a dime vested into riIde for "Testing Purpose".

Just Saying I floor gas pedal in harsh winter cold at LLV inspection time. Fire it up it started, and after start up floor it a few times after start up to get the oil up top while I case for an hr or two before I see it again.

I've busted over a 1/2 dozen turn signal arms in my tenure from moving crap off table for my sort load scheme.

My supervisor told me this. Said ALL AUX routes are getting them. Said they are forced to give offices with aux routes. No idea why.
If true.... my guess is so they could use it as a parcel runner after the Auxy is done early in the day.... the EMA for running parcels and expresses and such is pretty expensive.... ??

Of course the mngt geeks may want to drive them around in the afternoons to goof off and go to bars and such.... ??

Last edited:
Cut in pay will be a wash? You sound like management! Any cut is a pay decrease!
And you sound hysterical. And not very good at math. If I lose 30 minutes here but gain it back over there then I haven’t lost. Hence the word “wash.”

If your whole purpose now is to just carpet-bomb every thread with bitterness and personal attacks, maybe you should look for other employment. Unless you enjoy being miserable?

If true.... my guess is so they could use it as a parcel runner after the Auxy is done early in the day.... the EMA for running parcels and expresses and such is pretty expensive.... ??

Of course the mngt geeks may want to drive them around in the afternoons to goof off and go to bars and such.... ??
First year we had windstars...a couple employees ( craft and mgrs) got cited by police for unmentionable behavior in the back of vehicles. With " guests."
Same happened with promasters. You know what they say, we can build a better idiot.

It's not the same vans as the Amazon ones. They use sprinter vans which are much larger these are metris vans.

Was told we are getting them within a month. My office is 95 percent LLVs for rurals only a few are pov. I am a pov so I'll be getting one soon. Kind of sucks as the Ema was really nice to have on such a low mile low stop route but it's fine. At least I won't have to fight mileage pay anymore

Back