Amazon Contract

f gump

The zip code I am in lost most of Amazon before Christmas. I still get a few but my scans have gone from 120-140 to 50-100. Route was last counted with Amazon parcels. It is currently a 45K . I dread the thought of a mail count.

DB.Cooper

My mngt geekazoid has been fretting over losing Amazon, and worried about scanning performance with them... as far as I'm concerned, you get what you pay for, and at 67 cents a piece for 50 lbs bags of dog food an cases of TP... I say eff them... let them get some other suckers to deliver for that cut rate pittance... good ridance to them... jmho... 🚽

RDruckus

The zip code I am in lost most of Amazon before Christmas. I still get a few but my scans have gone from 120-140 to 50-100. Route was last counted with Amazon parcels. It is currently a 45K . I dread the thought of a mail count.
I dread the thought that I won't loose these Amazon pkgs I deliver for free. Yes, I was counted with Amazon, but not at the volume I receive when not counting. Amazon delivery started in a neighbouring zip code, but no relief here.💸

callofthewild

It sounds like .....the coming to Jesus meeting....about losing the Amazon Contract.....is a ruse to encourage more and better scanning. It seems we don't always hear the truth concerning Postal matters from the HIGHER-UPS.

In our PO, we use to get the scanning scores every once in a while.....now we never hear a word about scanning scores.....so I ask the PM the other day...."how are the scanning scores".....she said...."you guys never miss any...I will tell you if you do". So, this must be a regional thing.....we are very rural. I can't see how it would pay Amazon to have a fleet of trucks in Po-dunk America.

Our scan score should be 100%, They check for missed scans when we return from the route. If a scan was missed you are asked if it was delivered. If you answer in the affirmative someone will manually enter the delivery. I am also in a rural area where I do not expect to see an Amazon truck.

Rt2mailman

Thank that pm for letting us all know that we too can lose the Amazon "contract" in our areas by missing scans. If that's all it takes my office will go down to 5/100 scans tomorrow. It's strange that any manager doesn't understand our extreme hate for a company that gives a fewer parcels during count, dumps on us afterwards, and gives us all the "hard to get to" customers always, all while we receive 10 seconds pay per parcel.

Surprise!

I am under the impression that management only counts gross receipts and cares about nothing else.

They only hear the che--ching of an old style cash register.

hacksaaw

you could buy into an Amazon route in many urban areas. I heard its 10k, you need a good delivery vehicle which can have amazon emblazoned on it and you can be a amazon driver. I heard one of the large towns in nh went from a huge number of amazon pallets to 2 to 3. The real idiocy is that this is predictable, amazon will look to grab for its own control all the easy and profitable delivery areas and leave the crap unprofitable rural areas for USPS, and the current management will be desperate for every crumb they get even if an honest accounting will show them losing money on whats left, after the unknown amount they are getting paid.

RDruckus

you could buy into an Amazon route in many urban areas. I heard its 10k, you need a good delivery vehicle which can have amazon emblazoned on it and you can be a amazon driver. I heard one of the large towns in nh went from a huge number of amazon pallets to 2 to 3. The real idiocy is that this is predictable, amazon will look to grab for its own control all the easy and profitable delivery areas and leave the crap unprofitable rural areas for USPS, and the current management will be desperate for every crumb they get even if an honest accounting will show them losing money on whats left, after the unknown amount they are getting paid.
I've been getting voicemail on my cell from Amazon trying to hire me. Morons, you're getting it for free, now you want to hire me?

stillfirstclass

I've been getting voicemail on my cell from Amazon trying to hire me. Morons, you're getting it for free, now you want to hire me?
unless........... they get access to our mailboxes,,, there is no way amazon can even come out even not alone make money on having own delivery at the prices they charge..... they probably think if we can do it for the reported 67? cents each they can do it for 66 cents??????????? to me it looks like a job for people who did not score well in math class, or all black top roads, or the houses are only 30ft from the road, and the customer will pick one day a week for delivery, or all of the above........

Sandygirl

It sounds like .....the coming to Jesus meeting....about losing the Amazon Contract.....is a ruse to encourage more and better scanning. It seems we don't always hear the truth concerning Postal matters from the HIGHER-UPS.

In our PO, we use to get the scanning scores every once in a while.....now we never hear a word about scanning scores.....so I ask the PM the other day...."how are the scanning scores".....she said...."you guys never miss any...I will tell you if you do". So, this must be a regional thing.....we are very rural. I can't see how it would pay Amazon to have a fleet of trucks in Po-dunk America.
We have been told for MONthS that now scans have been missed.....how is that possible? I believe they are no longer logging that info and only stress when a package does not make it to the right customer....

Deer smearer

unless........... they get access to our mailboxes,,, there is no way amazon can even come out even not alone make money on having own delivery at the prices they charge..... they probably think if we can do it for the reported 67? cents each they can do it for 66 cents??????????? to me it looks like a job for people who did not score well in math class, or all black top roads, or the houses are only 30ft from the road, and the customer will pick one day a week for delivery, or all of the above........
The post office has about $70 billion a year in revenue. That funds basically all postal operations.

Amazon takes in around $11 billion just in Amazon Prime membership.

I bet their $11 billion gets gets spent a lot more efficiently then the post offices $70 billion. In addition to the $11 billion they have the other shipping charges non members pay and the revenue from customers using their fulfillment services.

It's $50 million in savings for every penny per package Amazon saves.

If you were a gambler, which company would you bet on making parcel delivery cost effective.

We didn't loose the Amazon contract. It just expired, as far as I know it hasn't been renewed or renegotiated. Amazon is working on their own delivery hubs etc, mainly for large cities etc. I believe there is no way that Amazon can accommodated the Rural areas of back country etc, without us. We are the only crazy ones that risk it all in the "back woods". Cities are a different story. Their new Mercedes delivery vans, and their new hire drivers won't act kindly to Cattle crossings , "fording" a creek, dirt back road, misc wildlife etc. I do not see the " back road" Rural carriers ever loosing Amazon, this is one of the main ways the Rural customers get what they need without going into town. Just saying....

charlie

So, if there is no contract, are they paying regular rate?.... Imagine if usps grew some and told amazon, no contract, no delivery....Jam up their supply stream...Bet amazon would pony up real quick..usps has nothing to lose...you know amazon is building out their own system...At least amazon would respect usps for playing hardball... of course that would never happen...It seems the castratie in usps and nrlca have none to grow...

Windindaface

Those of us still driving in the ditches are working without a contract and our pay rates have not changed despite a COLA due and possible miniscule percent pay raises. Why should AZON delivery rates change when their contract expired and possibly negotiating a new deal with the MACHINE?

Could AZON be delaying for IE implementation for those who serve true RURAL areas where there is no profit margin for AZON for self delivery?

Last edited: