Amazon Opens Conklin Distribution Center In Middle of the Night.

Mark Oliver

That was the Binghamton local radio station drama headline today.

Screenshot (223).png

There was no need for the drama, but hey, ratings right? They have been working on this facility all summer. No surprise they opened on schedule. It is on my AUX route so I have watched the whole thing unfold. Intel from the person in charge over there is around 40 fulltime routes and 80 AMAZON FLEX routes. I'm planning on my cherry 3 hour AUX being sucked up by our K and H routes, because when they kill their package volume, they will be 2 or 3 hours under eval everyday. Not enough letters and flats to sustain their status.

Would you believe I'm actually considering a transfer to Binghamton to not miss a paycheck? Life comes at you fast they say. I'm going to let my PM know tomorrow that any rumors of me calling around for the best deal are true. I don't want to work for Amazon if I can help it.

gerl2

That was the Binghamton local radio station drama headline today.

View attachment 5238

There was no need for the drama, but hey, ratings right? They have been working on this facility all summer. No surprise they opened on schedule. It is on my AUX route so I have watched the whole thing unfold. Intel from the person in charge over there is around 40 fulltime routes and 80 AMAZON FLEX routes. I'm planning on my cherry 3 hour AUX being sucked up by our K and H routes, because when they kill their package volume, they will be 2 or 3 hours under eval everyday. Not enough letters and flats to sustain their status.

Would you believe I'm actually considering a transfer to Binghamton to not miss a paycheck? Life comes at you fast they say. I'm going to let my PM know tomorrow that any rumors of me calling around for the best deal are true. I don't want to work for Amazon if I can help it.
The only way a regular route can suck up an Aux route is by implementing DPS FSS, I think there is one more but can't remember lol.

Mark Oliver

The only way a regular route can suck up an Aux route is by implementing DPS FSS, I think there is one more but can't remember lol.
Admittedly, I need to learn more about this. I had an off duty busy week and haven't had a chance to start researching yet. In the back of my head somewhere I have a vague memory of being told or reading a Regular has a right to grab territory if their route is going to be cut.

Do you know what keywords I would search @gerl2 to hone in on this topic?

Mark Oliver

Losing Amazon due to a distribution center opening in your zip code is not a mail count and no one has a right to take my AUX. I'm going to fight it if they try it.

Mark Oliver

gerl2

Admittedly, I need to learn more about this. I had an off duty busy week and haven't had a chance to start researching yet. In the back of my head somewhere I have a vague memory of being told or reading a Regular has a right to grab territory if their route is going to be cut.

Do you know what keywords I would search @gerl2 to hone in on this topi
Whoa, whoa ,whoa. I'm getting it now @gerl2 . Territorial grabs were because of DPS. This is from 2009 and would jive with the story I heard about a carrier grabbing territory. Story was the same time frame as this publication. There is no language anywhere that justifies a Regular grabbing territory because they lose Amazon and their mail is way down since last count.

Yes, sorry haven't been on lately. I just remember our station going threw this when DPS was being implemented and another different time a regular who dropped in evaluation after mail count thought they could come and take off Aux route, only to find out they could not.