• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Amazon

2018 mail count with Amazon=126.8 scans per day.
Last 12 week average=164.3 scans per day ( 530 mailboxes - 45 hours )
** They took 100 mailboxes away from me AFTER the 2018 mail count. PM said "I was off the chart" at an approximated 48 hour evaluation. **

YES.....I've seen an increase in quantity and box size. A 2-trip day happens quite often for me. 3-trip days happen every now and then. Ugh!

We've had an auxiliary route guy quit during this pandemic. And just yesterday a sub quit. Another sub has been out since March ( COVID related ). She is suppose to come back. We currently have ONE sub for 5 full time routes and 2 auxiliary routes. We've been getting helpers from other offices. PM and Supervisor have been busy casing routes in the morning. Good to see them work.

Where in the world do you have the office space to store all of the oversized/heavy parcels? Our office is crammed full and then some. The stuff HAS to leave the building the day it comes in because the next day will always be the same or worse as far as parcels.

Our old/dingy po was rearranged so we have room now. Thankfully, Amazon is delivering 75 % of their own crap NOW !

We also have a temorary area outside for packages.

F the district. Let them provide vehicles for everyone. LLV's are not big enough in many instances. When we get told utter BS, I ask loser in charge to give me the name and contact info for whomever is spewing garbage, of course, person doesnt give me the info.
I have a llv and make 2 trips every day I dont know how carriers in POV do it!

On a side note, watch out for Wal-mart Plus. They will be the new thorn in our side. A lot of them are like target but heavier.
I’m trying out Walmart+ as a trial right now. Everything ordered has to be in stock at the most local Walmart & DoorDash is handling the delivery here since it’s “same day”. I don’t see Walmart + as an issue for the us Carriers Since we don’t do “same day” delivery. JS

Anything over 108 inches in length +girth that is not parcel select is oversized and you should be leaving a notice. Parcel select is 130 inches in length +girth. Amazon ships all ways, first class, priority and parcel select so read the label. The USPS should be refusing oversized as they are not paying extra but since amazon drop ships they think they can get away with it. Start leaving notices people if it is oversized or team lift it is your right!

Our PM has us take everything, do you have something in the Contract I can show her in order to leave those team lifts and oversized. I would think it is a safety hazard, so far I have never seen anything over 70# but have had some close to 70#. but have had some I put on top of my mail wagon because of length. The Clerks would have a hissy fit if the Carriers left any parcels that they had to handle over the retail counter, just the thought of it makes me warm all over.

I’m trying out Walmart+ as a trial right now. Everything ordered has to be in stock at the most local Walmart & DoorDash is handling the delivery here since it’s “same day”. I don’t see Walmart + as an issue for the us Carriers Since we don’t do “same day” delivery. JS
Have had. Few “ same day delivery “ from Walmart. Obviously wasn’t same day???

Lol...microwaves, flat screens, tires...grills...batteries. Ugh..not what I was hired for 30 years ago
Saturday was the heaviest day so far for oversize items, a sign of things to come. Got lucky in that the 2 tires were for a carrier in the office. Had to crimp a rug to make it fit in the van. The carpet was long and fat enough for a sultan to take the entire harem on a flight.

Back