Anagrams and Paranoia

uselesshasbeen

Since so much levity creeps in to these topics I feel compelled to post something in a serious vein (so please don't needle me).
Most of us agree that it would be a bad idea to use our real names here or to share them otherwise. Most would feel it a bad idea to give location to the point of zip or town (well we do have a person from Mayberry). Many people don't want to identify their district or state. Don't believe that is paranoia. Those who are concerned that maybe, someone, those theys, are actively trying to identify you, they just might be exhibiting symptoms of paranoia.
Simple challenge....who am I, or could I possibly be even?
I've always liked words, possibly because of my name. I like anagrams, but don't spend time looking for them.
Like me, my name is unusual. I only have 2 names (were they saving ink?). Both first and last name can be made in to another valid English word using only the letters in it. If that isn't unusual, add to that the fact that if you don't capitalize the second name you have a legitimate sentence that your English teacher would not have circled in red, since it would be a noun and a verb, like Joe ran (which just reflects the sentence structure).
This should narrow it down enough for the men in black to trace me.
Believe that Simon and Garfunkel sang about a Most Peculiar Man. Anything peculiar about you?

Morty

I was in a very niche building trade. Very rare, only a handful of people in the world know this skill. I was on a few boards with my name ect. And to this day I still get calls and emails from the info on those boards.

Ive moved on at this time in my life. But the internet won't allow me to disappear.

Thus, I want to remain anonymous...for now. Although i have met a member from here. And I feel there are more from my district and maybe even within a 50 mile radius of me.

Haychica

Since so much levity creeps in to these topics I feel compelled to post something in a serious vein (so please don't needle me).
Most of us agree that it would be a bad idea to use our real names here or to share them otherwise. Most would feel it a bad idea to give location to the point of zip or town (well we do have a person from Mayberry). Many people don't want to identify their district or state. Don't believe that is paranoia. Those who are concerned that maybe, someone, those theys, are actively trying to identify you, they just might be exhibiting symptoms of paranoia.
I've always liked words, possibly because of my name. I like anagrams, but don't spend time looking for them.
Like me, my name is unusual. I only have 2 names (were they saving ink?). Both first and last name can be made in to another valid English word using only the letters in it. If that isn't unusual, add to that the fact that if you don't capitalize the second name you have a legitimate sentence that your English teacher would not have circled in red, since it would be a noun and a verb, like Joe ran (which just reflects the sentence structure).
This should narrow it down enough for the men in black to trace me.
Believe that Simon and Garfunkel sang about a Most Peculiar Man. Anything peculiar about you?
Sorry...maybe later

Windindaface

I use the town of Mayberry as an example because my dwelling town and other territories in area served by the Rural craft are smaller. More cows than people. I believe many can relate to it since most people on this site deliver in a larger more dense territory. There are 3 stop lights on my Main Street. Each stop light and crossing leads one to a State Highway path of "outta here". A Stop light I am looking forward to pass through and see in my mirror when I retire.

As far as my Handle on site... I was once Faceindawind. It changed to Windindaface because I forgot the Email log on password when this site changed to this format. Either way 47 miles a day with LLV window down the wind is still hitting my face and chilling me to the core on those sub zero days of winter. They can keep their LLV "ice cream" window. Did 7 hard years as an RCA working 6 days a week in a POV.

FYI... My real friends and family on FB also know me by another AKA.

Proby

Shhh don’t tell anybody but I work for the postal service. If you knew my name you could easily find my office, route number, name of all my coworkers... ya know all of that public info from our job.

C$$

Heißt du etwa.... RUMPELSTILZCHEN?

So... I really like puzzles...
1) I pulled the USPS employee records for 2015 (that's the oldest I could get)
2) I sorted out rural carriers
3) I found all carriers w/o middle names
4) I tossed out names that weren't english words
5) I had a couple dozen names left and I looked for anagrams

Unfortunately I didn't find any that fit the (first name) noun (last name) verb who were also now retired.

So either I messed something up, you Harry S. Truman'ed your middle name, or you retired before 2015. But don't worry, I'm still mulling it over...

The game is afoot!
🕵️‍♂️

uselesshasbeen

Heißt du etwa.... RUMPELSTILZCHEN?

So... I really like puzzles...
1) I pulled the USPS employee records for 2015 (that's the oldest I could get)
2) I sorted out rural carriers
3) I found all carriers w/o middle names
4) I tossed out names that weren't english words
5) I had a couple dozen names left and I looked for anagrams

Unfortunately I didn't find any that fit the (first name) noun (last name) verb who were also now retired.

So either I messed something up, you Harry S. Truman'ed your middle name, or you retired before 2015. But don't worry, I'm still mulling it over...

The game is afoot!
🕵️‍♂️
Quite appropriate since the person whose game was a foot also injected a 7% solution in to his veins.
Retired 1n 2016.
Maybe post those names and I could tell you if I am there, maybe your database is deficient.
Didn't say my first name was an English word, just an anagram of it is and last name is.

trashistan

As the person who had revealed their identity more than anyone else on this site, I can report there were no attempts to contact me about my activity here, or any repercussions for things I posted about the shooting etc despite it being very easy to find me.

Name guess is Levi Waters 😁

uselesshasbeen

As the person who had revealed their identity more than anyone else on this site, I can report there were no attempts to contact me about my activity here, or any repercussions for things I posted about the shooting etc despite it being very easy to find me.

Name guess is Levi Waters 😁
Mighty fine. Evil Waster?
Have to admit it fits well with my name here too.
Not me though, maybe I should change my name. Thanks for playing, no limit to attempts.

Last edited:

C$$

I'm hot on the trail!

I've got a list of carriers, w/o middle initials, who retired around 2016.
There are 473 of them.

Now it's just looking for anagrams....

My favorite so far:

Alfred Hestand --> Flared Handset

:)

Last edited:

PastOThirty

Tuesday after next looks like a good day to storm the castle.

Congress or NLRB or bust.

You won’t move the entrenched players by argument alone. Expecting the association or the employer to reluctantly see the light and grant our well justified wishes is beyond slim until our plight is so dire that it is all hands all year. I won’t say hopeless, but we have a couple of decades of evidence saying they work together much better than they work with the average carrier.

NLRB will be a tough ride to endure, is it will be flying solo on your own dime (and perhaps the generosity of the community at large through cumulative nominal donations) if going without the blessing of the NRLCA.

Congress could be quick but will require a lot of pieces to line up, with well placed stories that catch the national eye in order to move mountains with the right champions.

Neither is necessarily a coordinated process.

Morty

Tuesday after next looks like a good day to storm the castle.

Congress or NLRB or bust.

You won’t move the entrenched players by argument alone. Expecting the association or the employer to reluctantly see the light and grant our well justified wishes is beyond slim until our plight is so dire that it is all hands all year. I won’t say hopeless, but we have a couple of decades of evidence saying they work together much better than they work with the average carrier.

NLRB will be a tough ride to endure, is it will be flying solo on your own dime (and perhaps the generosity of the community at large through cumulative nominal donations) if going without the blessing of the NRLCA.

Congress could be quick but will require a lot of pieces to line up, with well placed stories that catch the national eye in order to move mountains with the right champions.

Neither is necessarily a coordinated process.
I think this is on the wrong post?😅

Is this about the 50lb thing?

uselesshasbeen

I'm hot on the trail!

I've got a list of carriers, w/o middle initials, who retired around 2016.
There are 473 of them.

Now it's just looking for anagrams....

My favorite so far:

Alfred Hestand --> Flared Handset

:)

-- EDIT --

I've attached my list in case anyone else wants to play. It's in alphabetical order:
FIRST LAST

Happy Hunting!
Wonderful.
When I open this I get a hard to read stream of names reading left to right, 7 lines of names run together, or not.
Good news is I'm there, so should be easy to identify now.

uselesshasbeen

I think this is on the wrong post?😅

Is this about the 50lb thing?
I'm guessing it was simply a response to previous post without quoting it.
And who claims a 50 pound thing? Has it been entered in the Guinness Book of Records? Or claimed after a few Guinnesses?
This is an off topic after all.