Another hourly vs salary question

DB.Cooper

Best answers
I have counted every year since 1996. Personally, I'm done with counts. I'm just riding this pony into retirement. If I had longer to go I would take the twice a year bet. Twice a year at least gives a shot at correcting a poor evaluation without waiting a full year.
Yee haw.... ride that pony.... I'm right there with ya ... hoping this ship doesn't go belly up before I can get off.... the good ship USPS Titanic..... she's going down.... but the band played on..... :oops:

jtcrapper

Best answers
So are you going to grieve it so you get paid? Agreed everything is not rainbows and unicorns but it will never change if Regulars don't file grievances. It has become such an ugly word to some but all it is asking USPS to honor a SIGNED and AGREED to contract between worker and management. It shouldn't be treated like such an extreme step. Grievances should be just as common as the violations of the contract are.
did it. the last time union didn't want to touch it no code to pay you my fault I did it after ordered out. only 8 months to get paid we still have a mou I think unit July 5th

Joe Reeser

Best answers
So you dont think having a more regular count would equal things out and bring back that " incentive" to hurry and finish and get paid more for less hours...not less work, just less hours.
You're assuming the current count criteria is actually valid. I don't believe it is. For instance, it always takes me longer than the other regular to finish to the route for the day (well - almost always). Yet everyone who has run that route (including me) cannot believe it's evaluated for more time - it's easier and faster run. Now I realize this is only two routes in one office but I believe a lot of this type of thing would be found if anyone actually looked.

Last edited:

LostinDakota

Best answers
Packages can change with out notice by the day.
and do change by the day. Impossible to plan for a long or short day, due to Amazon. If the truck doesn't bring huge packages, way too many packages; it's 2 hours late getting to the PO so it can't be sorted and delivered on that day.

Boxholder

Best answers
You're assuming the current count criteria is actually valid. I don't believe it is. For instance, it a;ways tales me longer than the other regular to finish to route for the day (well - almost always). Yet everyone who has run that route (including me) cannot believe it's evaluated for more time - it's easier and faster run. Now I realize this is only two routes in one office but I believe a lot of this type of thing would be found if anyone actually looked.
I suspect you are right. This same thing happens in my office.

mwellis32

Best answers
RRECS will never be implemented until they figure out a way to manipulate it to reduce hours and keep screwing Rural Carriers.

Last edited: