Any new info?

klutz

fxdl..703-84-5545 Call and ask to speak with someone who can tell you what is going on...You actually might get a live body or they might take your #.. I was shocked when randy called me back and then he said Janette had the best info and she called me back. We got into a "discussion" and I basically hung up on her. But..to her credit... (did I say that?) a few days later ..beginning of June.. they came out with update...Nothing since... I guess rampaging rurals calling might actually get something out of national...Be my guest and tell us how it goes...

klutz

oops...nrlca # 703-684-5545.... My olde English teacher would be horrified that I did not proof read my post..

klutz

Glutton for punishment here.....Last post was 6 months ago...
Ya think da union might have just a little new info for us?

Silence ain't golden...
For those who say stick with the union...Why?....Every other union tries to keep the rank and file informed.
This union? NFW.

btdtret

"Glutton for punishment here.....Last post was 6 months ago...
Ya think da union might have just a little new info for us?

Silence ain't golden..."

-- Fortunately not all postal unions follow the NRLCA's example.

-- The APWU has a 20 OCT 18 on-line article that the APWU and USPS have agreed to extend negotiations for another 30 days, until 20 NOV 2018.

-- Apparently the NRLCA membership will have to settle for "we are not at an impasse" and "our unresolved contract" from higher-ups for the time being.

D.B.Cooper

Is it just my faulty memory, or doesn't the USPS & APWU usually settle their contract at some time just prior to the USPS & NRLCA???  so maybe they're waiting to see what the APWU comes up with... turned out not so great an idea in 2012... 🙄 Does anybody know anything about the new guy... the Ron-meister... is he the great communicator, or not so much...  🤔 

Windindaface

The Association wants the IE implementation tied to the next contract. I'm not a REP. In house REP gossip also claims the Machine is on the losing end of this study. They do not want to pay for plotting, citing cost. So expect more delays and free work.

SPEED BUGGY

The Association wants the IE implementation tied to the next contract. I'm not a REP. In house REP gossip also claims the Machine is on the losing end of this study. They do not want to pay for plotting, citing cost. So expect more delays and free work.
The past few weeks I have been receiving some days up to 15 pieces of political mail in my own mail box. And got to wondering how many millions of pieces of political mail rural carriers will deliver for free this year. It has to be in the hundreds of millions nationwide.

PastOThirty

In a non presidential election year, typical free time given to the employer is 2 hours a day the last two weeks. There is free time given every day, but 2 is typical most was 3. A rare day is less.

Sure would be nice to have an option for hourly, with the incentive of going home. Sure would be nice to have some help. Sure would be nice if there was help to give. This Christmas is going to blow.

Maybe an update is due on negotiations since more than 60 days since the national convention.

DB.Cooper

I still think they may be trying to make some room up on the shelf to put this "time study" fiasco... maybe up there right beside "load leveling"... just another big idea that just never really quite caught on or got off the ground... ;)

btdtret

D.B.Cooper -- "I still think they may be trying to make some room up on the shelf to put this "time study" fiasco.. "

-- One could say the "time study" has been shoved so far back that it has fallen off the stove.

-- BTW -- nice avatar.

DB.Cooper

Maybe the USPS has gotten what they wanted from this "time study"... let's not forget that the "new" spying nanny flip phones came in with the "time study"... followed shortly by the new nanny spy scammers... look at all those have done for us... :oops:

DB.Cooper

Thanks Frozentoes!!! Please post any conclusions you reach about how you or anyone else fares under the new system-vs- the old... (y)

FrozenToes

This is unscientific:

These are some of the partial results of a route over 48K. If I didn't make any mistakes in the calculator.
Box/NDCBU time factor = Loss of 195 minutes ( combined times because the route is only credited once to verify address, two bundle system)
Raw Letters= Gain of 11 minutes
DPS letters= Loss of 248 minutes ( no credit unless 2nd run or less than 400 , only credit in verifying address ? )
Flats = Loss of 47 minutes ( used highest standard, even lower for presort and walk sequence flats)
Parcels = Gain of 727 minutes ( A lot of guessing. Assumed 50% large parcels. Walking distance- I walk 3+ miles a day. I
assumed 2.5 for parcels. Assumed route receives credit for Prelim & conclude at vehicle, and Gather large parcel,for each dismount.)
Boxholders= Gained 52 minutes ( All flats)( if letters, .01 less than old standard)
Scans = Loss of 235 minutes ( no credit, built into parcel credit)
Letters/Flats collected= Loss of 25 minutes ( no standard)
Stamp stock= Loss of 20 minutes ( unless I sell some stamps, then actual time)
Office/Personal= Loss of 25 minutes ( only credits I see are complete trip report and move trays to storage)
No idea how to do the mail/parcel retreival.
Didn't include new strapping out.

Didn't include additional RRECS input scans.
No Drive Speed Matrix or other driving standards. ( will it make up for the losses?)
TL;DR- Loss of 5 Minutes

Last edited:

DB.Cooper

583 minutes per week, divided by 6 = 97.16 minutes per day... less than 1 hour and 40 minutes per day... :unsure:
I'm no expert on this beast, but I would guess that maybe the driving standards could make up for that??? :whistle: