• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Any new info?

What you say is true but as I explained to the board member giving our meeting, it should be a matter of flipping a switch once all routes have been mapped. There is not need to delay start up for a year start recording data now! All data that will be required we are dealing with now, with the exception of the mapping. Once those points are identified, it just a matter of plugging them into (box location, stop location for package, delivery location) the past years history of activities. As far as all those other scanning functions that we will have to do, use a two week average for each of them and call it good. It won't be the first time we used two weeks data to determine our pay. After using the two weeks test results to get the system up and running lets say in 6 months use real numbers from then on! Its not rocket science, stop kicking the can down the road!

Sorry, but no thanks to your “2-week evaluation” of the extra scanning that we aren’t doing now. That’s been the problem with the past mail counts... 2 weeks of data making the determination of our annual pay. Those “extra” scans we’ll be doing WILL fluctuate through the year. It’ll take more time to load in the Nov-Dec months & in the winters in the north. We’ll have more packages going to the door without scans in those months, too. Rainy seasons will likely extend some scans for some peeps while it makes others hurry faster. Rain also brings more 3849s for pkg pickups.
These are just off the top of my head but I’m sure there are other things I’m not thinking of.

Sorry, but no thanks to your “2-week evaluation” of the extra scanning that we aren’t doing now. That’s been the problem with the past mail counts... 2 weeks of data making the determination of our annual pay. Those “extra” scans we’ll be doing WILL fluctuate through the year. It’ll take more time to load in the Nov-Dec months & in the winters in the north. We’ll have more packages going to the door without scans in those months, too. Rainy seasons will likely extend some scans for some peeps while it makes others hurry faster. Rain also brings more 3849s for pkg pickups.
These are just off the top of my head but I’m sure there are other things I’m not thinking of.
I heard you went to the convention... what was said about RRECS... I heard somone predicted 2021 for implementation... probably be a BIG year for retirements, if true... ?

I heard you went to the convention... what was said about RRECS... I heard somone predicted 2021 for implementation... probably be a BIG year for retirements, if true... ?

Still need to start mapping the routes. Once it’s done, 52 weeks of data collection. 18 months to 2 years before full implementation.
Someone there brought up some good points in chatting with them. Will 52 weeks mean losing Christmas OT and will there be a “pay-as-you-go” during the “Collecting phase”? I could see a lot of “I don’t get paid for that” during that time. ?

Seems to me they may be doing some sort of initial breadcrumb mapping.... think I read something about that.... from what I'm hearing of RRECS, the further out they can push implementation, the better....

gotstamps et al -- "Still need to start mapping the routes. "

-- From the Thread "Questions for Ratification Meeting": a "simplified mapping process" through data colletion is to be in use by 30 AUG 2019.

-- Tick Tock, Tick Tock!

Still need to start mapping the routes. Once it’s done, 52 weeks of data collection. 18 months to 2 years before full implementation.
Someone there brought up some good points in chatting with them. Will 52 weeks mean losing Christmas OT and will there be a “pay-as-you-go” during the “Collecting phase”? I could see a lot of “I don’t get paid for that” during that time. ?
Thanks. Ok, so at a projected 18-24 month date from now, Day #1 of implementation will begin with the collection of route data for evaluation pay purposes, for a TBD duration (11.5 months?), at which time our salary is then determined going forward?

Thanks. Ok, so at a projected 18-24 month date from now, Day #1 of implementation will begin with the collection of route data for evaluation pay purposes, for a TBD duration (11.5 months?), at which time our salary is then determined going forward?
So far the “duration” is 52 weeks which concerns me. Our Salary will be determined from that Data & will keep going. Every so often (who knows), we’ll have a mini-count & use the most recent 52 weeks of Data. This is my understanding.

My point was not to have to wait for 18-24 months! You must be on the winning side of your evaluation, well I'm not. Even though I was counted just over 16 months ago my volume factors in mail and especially packages is under evaluated. I can't afford to wait two years for my evaluation to become accurate. So starting ASAP as soon as mapping is completed with 90% of the information being historical (they have all the data for the last year), and adding the last 10% of the information base on a two week period to get this thing up and running. After that use actual activities for the next 6 months to bring its accuracy up to the next level. Once we hit the 1 year mark its now 100% accurate and can be adjusted annually!
So in stead of waiting (getting screwed) for 18-24 months, it would be implemented ASAP and in three steps brought up to be 100% accurate within 12 months!

I'm not sure if there is any 100% solid plan regarding the RRECS implementation, or even the dates... this latest contract has a vague and not detailed MOU that says they're going to "discuss" RRECS implementation.... hard to say what those discussions will produce, or when??? :unsure:

My point was not to have to wait for 18-24 months! You must be on the winning side of your evaluation, well I'm not. Even though I was counted just over 16 months ago my volume factors in mail and especially packages is under evaluated. I can't afford to wait two years for my evaluation to become accurate. So starting ASAP as soon as mapping is completed with 90% of the information being historical (they have all the data for the last year), and adding the last 10% of the information base on a two week period to get this thing up and running. After that use actual activities for the next 6 months to bring its accuracy up to the next level. Once we hit the 1 year mark its now 100% accurate and can be adjusted annually!
So in stead of waiting (getting screwed) for 18-24 months, it would be implemented ASAP and in three steps brought up to be 100% accurate within 12 months!
Not exactly on what I’d call “winning side”. I run at or just below my Eval & these are supposed to be light months?. I was cut too far back, grieved it & won, rebuilt with heavier deliveries than before. I would love a count BUT I definitely don’t want a half-azz count! I’d much rather wait for the whole RRECS than to get the “lighter side” of it & not getting credit for what really is time-consuming.
We have Carriers in my office that got ALL of their annual HOA Certifieds in the last Contract count & the one before. We have a few that I am certain “cheat the system” when we do have a count. At least 6 months of Data will be needed to get a more accurate eval on mine (Quarterly HOA Certs) & on our cheaters. I doubt they can hold up that long. 6 months would not be very accurate either with Holidays vs low volume periods.
From what I recall, mini-counts will likely be more than Annual. Those will count our loose stuff that never gets counted PLUS all the “timed” duties that will need to be done. Let’s get it done correctly the first time! Your good 2 weeks could be my worst. It’s much harder to falsify a whole year as opposed to just 2 weeks. Just my opinion.

Not exactly on what I’d call “winning side”. I run at or just below my Eval & these are supposed to be light months?. I was cut too far back, grieved it & won, rebuilt with heavier deliveries than before. I would love a count BUT I definitely don’t want a half-azz count! I’d much rather wait for the whole RRECS than to get the “lighter side” of it & not getting credit for what really is time-consuming.
We have Carriers in my office that got ALL of their annual HOA Certifieds in the last Contract count & the one before. We have a few that I am certain “cheat the system” when we do have a count. At least 6 months of Data will be needed to get a more accurate eval on mine (Quarterly HOA Certs) & on our cheaters. I doubt they can hold up that long. 6 months would not be very accurate either with Holidays vs low volume periods.
From what I recall, mini-counts will likely be more than Annual. Those will count our loose stuff that never gets counted PLUS all the “timed” duties that will need to be done. Let’s get it done correctly the first time! Your good 2 weeks could be my worst. It’s much harder to falsify a whole year as opposed to just 2 weeks. Just my opinion.

I'm sure the 90% I'm talking about could be pulled up for a hole year if they really wanted to try to do it. DPS numbers, package numbers ect… I know that I've been scanning delivery points for well over two years. So its a matter of plugging in that last 10 %, distances, times. mini counts ect… and its up and running being fazed in. I know in packages alone, right now in the summer time I'm delivering 50 to 70 a day for free. I'd rather not do that for two more years!

gotstamps et al -- " It’s much harder to falsify a whole year as opposed to just 2 weeks."

-- But, no doubt, the USPS will give their best shot at doing it!

-- Well, actually make it 48 weeks as the 4 weeks around Christmas will be ignored - for some reason.
wouldn't you agree though, that the middle of november to the middle of december is the heaviest?, the standard flats are still being distributed...

Don't forget after Christmas, the flats come out in a tsunami, people spend their Amazon gift cards (more parcels) and return a ton of parcels, and you have all the end of year mail (required by law/statute,) stuff, much with horrible addresses.

Something else to look forward to!

Back