Anyone here quit or thinking about quitting . . .

Rt2mailman

You can buy those mouth guards made for sports @ $1.50 at Wal-Mart. That would save $698 at the dentist or $10,000 with a lawyer "Defense fund".
The jobs I suggested came from Google's 25 worst jobs list. I though maybe seeing how good you had it might provide a positive notion. While I was reading the interactions above, I thought you kinda showed us WHERE some of that teeth grinding comes from, and maybe that blame is not ALL at the feet of postal managers.

CommonSense

Omg guys! So much animosity for one another...
Let's all take a moment to redirect all our anger and aggression where it truly belongs: The god-awful organization we work for (USPS) :poop:
@CommonSense
...Funny you should mention tooth grinding... I'd had only very few issues with it in my sleep before I got hired as an RCA...
After? I snapped a molar in half while sleeping one of the nights i forgot to wear my occlusal guard.
(Said occlusal guard cost me in the $700 ballpark, and after about 4 months I've almost worn through it.)
This job is a health hazard in and of itself.
I have no doubt MC is/was a co-worker at my office - so incredibly hostile I wear headphones constantly, even when loading my vehicle outside. Sufficient motivation to push forward with my latest hostile environment EEO

Blondie13

You can buy those mouth guards made for sports @ $1.50 at Wal-Mart. That would save $698 at the dentist or $10,000 with a lawyer "Defense fund".
The jobs I suggested came from Google's 25 worst jobs list. I though maybe seeing how good you had it might provide a positive notion. While I was reading the interactions above, I thought you kinda showed us WHERE some of that teeth grinding comes from, and maybe that blame is not ALL at the feet of postal managers.
I was doing the soft DIY kit ones from Kroger when I first started, but they'd last on average about 3 weeks before I'd grind them all the way in half... don't really want my cause of death to be "choked on a chunk of silicone from her mouth guard while she was sleeping" 🤪

Voglio-il mio

The key is to not let the bastids wear you or your teeth down.

We have weapons to fight with.

We just have to be brave enough to use them.

Eventually, if you keep at it, you will wear them and their teeth down.

Damn the torpedoes.
For all you History buffs:

David Farragut
War Hero
David Glasgow Farragut was a flag officer of the United States Navy during the American Civil War. He was the first rear admiral, vice admiral, and admiral in the United States Navy. He is remembered for his order at the Battle of Mobile Bay usually paraphrased as "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead" in U.S. Navy tradition.

Rt2mailman

File a ton of CA-2's maybe you can "retire" and still get paid like you are working.
I think "problems" like these are the exact reason that someone like Bleostic, above, doesn't get his bad and hurting back accepted as a claim. Bleostic, if you are a union member they can help you with OWCP claims. Call Devin Cassidy @703-684-5545

Last edited:

DB.Cooper

I haven't seen @Lou Paloma on here for a little while now.... but Lou is a long time member of this forum... I believe at one time he was a steward and active in the union, etc., etc.... imo, a respectful, and well respected carrier all around.... so, anyways, Lou got fed up with all the BS, and quit....

I guess the BS is pretty deep when you see long time carriers, Table 1, Step 12, yada, yada, yada.... whatever.... walking away from this gig... it says something....

And, I think it's sad when you see good carriers getting set up in the sights of the USPS destruction machine.... and we see it all the time here.... a couple of years ago, @trashistan talked about the chaos and bloodshed that went on in Dublin.... earlier this evening I was reading a thread started by @Blondie13 about the ridiculous abuse she is being subjected to in a new office.... you really don't have to look very hard or far to see the injustices or abuse....

Just sayin'.... 😳

DB.Cooper

They brought in Gps and nanny scammer tracking under the guise of better delivery, but have weaponized it as harassment tools like "sitting still" reports and other such nonsense....

Rather than focusing on better delivery they're focusing on harassing and hassling people.... and what kind of work environment does this produce??? As @Shafted said above... poisonous and toxic.... apparently that's what they want... and then why does anybody act surprised when they see people quitting??? :unsure:

Lou Paloma

Thanks for remembering me DB
Yes I did leave the P.O about 2 years ago.
Went to another federal agency doing something I did prior to my 18 postal years.
All my time and pension credit carried over without error.

I was involved with the union and I have nothing but respect for my DR.
I left because the standards kept shrinking and the routes got tougher.
I wanted to hang in and finish with the P.O. and I thought the RRECS would help.
I waited patiently, then lost faith that relief would come.
I saw an opportunity on USAJOBS .gov
Applied and 6 weeks later I was gone.

I can say that I like my job a million time more than being a rural carrier.
That my experience as a steward has come in handy.
It's not all peaches and cream.
But most of all, I get paid for all the actual hours I work and will exceed my best year in the P.O. by next PP

Good Luck To All

btdtret

Lou Paloma -- Congrats on bailing, finding a better job and all the while, keeping your sanity.

-- Takes courage to make a BIG step. Glad you did. Most likely your body will too!

"All my time and pension credit carried over without error."

-- That is certainly a big bonus.

-- Wow, and getting paid for the actual hours worked -- what a concept!

"I thought the RRECS would help. "

-- Supposedly 80+% will be able to meet the new evaluation "standards". BUT with "C$$" writing programs to plug in the new values, most standards have resulted in a loss.

-- Even without "C$$'s" efforts, easy to see the loss of time for Stamp Stock, Employer-Provided Vehicle, Personal Time and other "low hanging fruit" will make it "challenging" for the carriers that stick it out.

-- IMHO the lack of info coming out of Duke St or the USPS for that matter, seems to indicate they just don't see RRECS as bad news for the membership. Hopefully I'm wrong, but....

-- Please drop in from time to time. "Outside" opinions always welcome as well as views from the real world.