Approved Leave - can it be taken away?

Drauwst

Isn't there contractual language stating that a leave slip is considered automatically approved if management does not sign it within 3 days? Could've sworn i've seen it stated before but after some searching i cannot seem to find it.

There's also something stating that requesting a day off in conjunction with your k or v day is meant to let you have off those days as well that i cannot find...

btdtret

Drauwst -- "Isn't there contractual language stating that a leave slip is considered automatically approved if management does not sign it within 3 days? Could've sworn i've seen it stated before but after some searching i cannot seem to find it."

-- Most likely it is a "city thing".

-- However it seems to be part of the tentative rural contract.

-- Just like Bereavement Leave, which was included in the rural contract last time. The other unions had it for years.

Isn't there contractual language stating that a leave slip is considered automatically approved if management does not sign it within 3 days? Could've sworn i've seen it stated before but after some searching i cannot seem to find it.
This language is part of the proposed tentative contract. It will become contractual language if the new tentative contract is ratified.
There's also something stating that requesting a day off in conjunction with your k or v day is meant to let you have off those days as well that i cannot find...
Article 8.5.A.3 states : A regular rural carrier on the list will not be required to work if the carrier has at least one day of annual leave (including an approved X day) or sick leave adjacent to the relief day.

Dumbassclerksyndrome

Management has reasonable time, which union states is 3-5 days, to accept/deny. It is not contractual, however if you don’t receive slip by 5th day… enjoy. Regulars don’t look at schedule so if you have a signed received copy of slip, happy day!

Drauwst

Management has reasonable time, which union states is 3-5 days, to accept/deny. It is not contractual, however if you don’t receive slip by 5th day… enjoy. Regulars don’t look at schedule so if you have a signed received copy of slip, happy day!
yeahh that's the thing, i don't have a signed copy from them at all
both of my requests were put in ~3 weeks or so ago as well
even if i do get it i expect them to screw it up though, they don't seem to understand leave other than annual exists...
This language is part of the proposed tentative contract. It will become contractual language if the new tentative contract is ratified.

Article 8.5.A.3 states : A regular rural carrier on the list will not be required to work if the carrier has at least one day of annual leave (including an approved X day) or sick leave adjacent to the relief day.
Appreciated, i was not looking in the right place for that one at all lol

Drauwst

So i know this is an old thread but say i never got a signed slip from a supervisor and they're texting me expecting me in tomorrow. What then? I've got a copy of the form i filled out myself at least. 3 day rule still apply? It's been 3 weeks.

EthelAnne

So i know this is an old thread but say i never got a signed slip from a supervisor and they're texting me expecting me in tomorrow. What then? I've got a copy of the form i filled out myself at least. 3 day rule still apply? It's been 3 weeks.
Did management sign the leave form when you submitted it? If management didn’t return the leave slip in three days, then yes, under the terms of the new agreement, the leave is assumed to be approved. Contact your union rep.

Here’s the citation from the contract: Article 10.7.B “Failure to return a request for leave within three (3) days of receipt will result in the request being automatically approved, provided the rural carrier has obtained proper acknowledgment of the leave request submission.”

Drauwst

Did management sign the leave form when you submitted it? If management didn’t return the leave slip in three days, then yes, under the terms of the new agreement, the leave is assumed to be approved. Contact your union rep.

Here’s the citation from the contract: Article 10.7.B “Failure to return a request for leave within three (3) days of receipt will result in the request being automatically approved, provided the rural carrier has obtained proper acknowledgment of the leave request submission.”
They never signed it at any point in time - they never do here. Filled it out, got a copy, and handed the original to a supervisor directly at the time.

Drauwst

Contact your union rep. In the future, make sure they sign it when you submit it. If they refuse to sign it then, write “refused to sign” and the date in the designated spot.
Will do, i anticipate needing to do that very thing. Each time i ask them to sign something they fight me on it.
Better yet use eLRA online. Don’t let them tell you you cannot.
Yeah, that's my mistake. I keep forgetting you can request normal leave there. Been meaning to do so but i just never think about it...
What about X days though? We've always just filled out a 3971 and treated them as annual/sick leave here. Don't see that option on eLRA at least.