APWU Day of Action: June 23

Rural Deviation

Best answers
Save the date, Tuesday, June 23, and let’s stand together with our fellow Postal Workers in their call to action.

There is an option at the bottom of the link to be reminded I believe.

Rural Deviation

Best answers
I hate to sound ignorant.... what is this about?
No worries. Basically the APWU is mobilizing their state and local level to call their state and local level to send a message to Congress about the dire financial situation the postal service is in and the need to enact legislation to help support the postal service.

Last edited:

Rt2mailman

Best answers
No, thanks. I think the USPS needs to raise the parcel postage on Amazon first, before any tax $ is used to help the USPS SUBSIDIZE AMAZON MORE. Tax $ should NOT be used to help AMAZON. Any $ given to the USPS before the subsidizing of Amazon is stopped , in essence goes directly to Amazon. In this situation our union has done well to SAY NOTHING.

Wilco183

Best answers
APWU is certainly a spunky bunch. Gotta wonder where all their organized concern and resolve was in 2011 when they fed their young to the USPS by agreeing to two-tier pay without a whimper.

Rural Deviation

Best answers
APWU is certainly a spunky bunch. Gotta wonder where all their organized concern and resolve was in 2011 when they fed their young to the USPS by agreeing to two-tier pay without a whimper.
If I’m not mistaken in the year or two follow the disaster of 2012, Mark Dimondstein was elected as recourse for that failure and their approach changed. Could be wrong, but that’s my memory of the research I did a while back.

Wilco183

Best answers
If I’m not mistaken in the year or two follow the disaster of 2012, Mark Dimondstein was elected as recourse for that failure and their approach changed. Could be wrong, but that’s my memory of the research I did a while back.
You're right. Big APWU change of the guard in 2013 after that debacle of a contract, which turned out to be a scene setter for our Clarke Award. I've read that the retiree membership (20 percent) was instrumental support in it passing and that 75 percent of the total membership voted yes. Strange though, that after the dust settled, many of the yes voters later outed Guffey in favor of Dimondstein & Co. Not just national, but the rank and file knew they were screwing new peeps for years to come.

PastOThirty

Best answers
Nah. Bezos is on track to becoming a trillionaire and ups/fedex are making bumper profits. A bailout isn't the answer, and being our competitors whipping boy needs to end.
Not just the whipping boy/girl of commercial retailers, but also subsidizing craft and management work that isn’t adding value.

Haychica

Best answers
No, thanks. I think the USPS needs to raise the parcel postage on Amazon first, before any tax $ is used to help the USPS SUBSIDIZE AMAZON MORE. Tax $ should NOT be used to help AMAZON. Any $ given to the USPS before the subsidizing of Amazon is stopped , in essence goes directly to Amazon. In this situation our union has done well to SAY NOTHING.
Yup...no more paw stickers and coloring books thank you...