Are We Ever Going To See This Implemented ?

hunchback

My Guess is NO !!!!

Look at the USPS Contract Proposals for your clues.

USPS proposals:
Give up 18 seconds for scans go to 5
In the new system scans are supposedly built in, so why propose any time?
Give up extra pay for the relief day worked. Only paid evaluation
And then what, defer overtime payment until the end of the year after 2080/2240 are exceeded
Give up Christmas OT
Does this proposal include no OT for those "Voluntold" to work Sundays at Christmas Time?
NALC previous contract used as leverage – They gave examples of the concessions that NALC gave up to get what they got, One example was NALC agreed to let the USPS increased the compliment percentage for CCA’s that they can hire.
What is 0% of 0
Change DPS review
Why ? If we are using yearly counts of DPS Totals, WHY is a DPS review needed, HUH?
Adjustments changed – 46 overburdened
Is this because they are getting rid of the old carriers with 25 days leave a year, or are they just not planning on anyone getting leave period?
Aux to 48 Hours before conversion.
So a regular route is overburdened at 46 hours but an AUX route is cool at 47 hours?
No subs for H routes
No subs currently for J and K Routes Either, and openings rarely listed on USPS Job Search
No count until RRECS implemented
And there's the kicker, the longer we wait, the longer we wait, Win Win… For Them

Windindaface

My office just went under a random quest DPS test review. Nobody submitted a formal review. Mind you some case all and others take it to the street. Those who cased all and ignored MMM case previously were directed to observe MMM case. Those who took DPS to the street and also ignored MMM case were informed to use it rather than case MMM upon return.

Every Rural Route failed based on the 1 month test #s. I'm in smaller than Mayberry territory.

Last edited:

Havenowgone

What I don't understand is why we have to wait until every route in the country is mapped. Why can't the ones mapped already and especially the ones in the study be put on the system immediately! Not every route in America gets DPS or FSS and the NRLCA didn't demand that every route must get it before the reduced automated standards were implemented so why should this be any different? If we have to wait until every route in America is mapped, we will be waiting forever. Just look at what has happened already. Delay after delay after delay. This was supposed to be implemented 5-20-15. We're almost 4 years late with no penalties for the USPS. As many have said....if the study benefited the USPS, it would have been implemented many years ago.

DB.Cooper

And what's happening with the RRECS "test" that was supposed to happen with the ~4200 routes that were in the study... that has gone dead silent... maybe just dead... 🤫☠

btdtret

Windindaface -- "Those who cased all and ignored MMM case previously were directed to observe MMM case."

-- Anyone brave enough to say" "That is the MMM case over there!"

btdtret

Havegonenow et al -- "What I don't understand is why we have to wait until every route in the country is mapped. Why can't the ones mapped already and especially the ones in the study be put on the system immediately!"

-- "Oi veh" posted back in February: "First, each area will be required to send their rural analyst or designee to an RSD "REFRESHER TRAINING" in Memphis, TN on January 15-16, 2019. This will be a train the trainer session as was done in the initial roll-out. The areas will then be responsible for training the districts and in turn the districts will train the units on mapping and RECERTIFICATION of the study routes. April 1, 2019 is the expected completion date for the study routes to be recertified in RSD."

-- Have not seen anything in print or anything via the "grapevine" if the 15-16 January session actually happened. It will take time for the retraining to trickle down to the "last mile" post office.

-- The original mapping software had enough "glitches" to kill the process.

-- I would venture a guess that the "new and improved" mapping software is quite different from the original, so that a redo will be necessary.

-- The study's 4200+ routes would have to be redone. Once that has been done, no doubt the USPS would want a "test run" to see how the new standards work out -- for them or for the carriers.

-- April 1st seems an appropriate date!

PastOThirty

Something might be coming and helps make sense of something pm told me the other day.

They told told me we have to have route inspections done by April or end of April. Normally, unless getting counted, we didn’t do inspections until late summer/fall.

gotstamps

Something might be coming and helps make sense of something pm told me the other day.

They told told me we have to have route inspections done by April or end of April. Normally, unless getting counted, we didn’t do inspections until late summer/fall.
That was a Nationwide Instruction. Mgmt is supposed to do ANNUAL route inspections but have been lax & gotten away with not doing them on non-count years. Since we don’t have a Scheduled count, contract, And route mapping needing to be done prior to RRECS, I’m sure that’s why the PO is enforcing the Annuals.

RFD

Havegonenow et al -- "What I don't understand is why we have to wait until every route in the country is mapped. Why can't the ones mapped already and especially the ones in the study be put on the system immediately!"

-- "Oi veh" posted back in February: "First, each area will be required to send their rural analyst or designee to an RSD "REFRESHER TRAINING" in Memphis, TN on January 15-16, 2019. This will be a train the trainer session as was done in the initial roll-out. The areas will then be responsible for training the districts and in turn the districts will train the units on mapping and RECERTIFICATION of the study routes. April 1, 2019 is the expected completion date for the study routes to be recertified in RSD."

-- Have not seen anything in print or anything via the "grapevine" if the 15-16 January session actually happened. It will take time for the retraining to trickle down to the "last mile" post office.

-- The original mapping software had enough "glitches" to kill the process.

-- I would venture a guess that the "new and improved" mapping software is quite different from the original, so that a redo will be necessary.

-- The study's 4200+ routes would have to be redone. Once that has been done, no doubt the USPS would want a "test run" to see how the new standards work out -- for them or for the carriers.

-- April 1st seems an appropriate date!
Speaking as someone who was/is in the study, everyone better hope that the new system never gets implemented. If you think you are underpaid now, just wait...

DB.Cooper

Speaking as someone who was/is in the study, everyone better hope that the new system never gets implemented. If you think you are underpaid now, just wait...
That's what I believe as well... but we got a few peeps running around on here swearing to be damned that we're gonna make out like fat-cats once this pig is implemented... I say they must be smokin' some rope... 🤪

gotstamps

In the spring though? Typically we did them late summer/early fall.
Last inspection was (for most routes) last Spring with the last Mail Count. A lot of offices skipped 2017 since there was no count. Before that was the weeks before the 2016 count.

R5

I did the numbers for my route with the new standards under rrecs a few months ago. Not good. Only really two categories that I gain on, the rest is a bloodbath. I will gain 3 to 4 hours with the drive speed matrix, and about 3 to 4 hours for large parcels to door. The ones I will lose will be about 4 hours for dps which the new standard is 86 ppm compared to 43 ppm, lose about 1 hr for small parcels, 3 hours for scanning delivery confirmation labels, 2.5 hours for flats with new standards at 11.5 ppm and 13.5 ppm compared to 10 ppm. Also lose on stamp stock, scanner setup, other office personal time, withdraw time, vehicle inspection, reload, pulldown time is next to nothing. Just from these I will lose 5 to 6 hours weekly time. This is a rough estimate because you can't take in consideration the time lost for multiple parcels or accountable to same house. You won't get 2-3 minutes per multiple parcels. Just the 5 or 6 seconds for the scan at door. Big lost that I didn't even figure in. Same for accountables. If you don't deliver to a box you won't get credit whether no mail, hold, snowbird etc. If we are trusting management to input mail footage everyday how well will that work. How many times they don't input it, or forget. Plus we are to TRUST the usps higher ups in keeping accurate numbers and they spit out an evaluation after so many months. The amount we lose to manager error, data not entered or loaded, scanner error, or the corruption of lying management who have control of the numbers, is something that cant be figured in. These errors or theft will ALWAYS go against you, not for you. If you don't agree there will be nothing you can do about it. I don't care if you kept daily totals, that will persuade noone. I have talked with some upper management that agree and know full well this is going to be real bad for the carriers. This is not being delayed because they think it's good for the rurals, as some have suggested. They want this ASAP but can't get it working due to the complexity and the technology needed to get it up and running. Consider that a blessing.

Havenowgone

I was in the route part of the study and WANT RRECS implemented! I don't know why you said that?

btdtret

R5 et al -- " If we are trusting management to input mail footage everyday how well will that work. "

-- That could be problematic. My last post office had 4 letter sorting machines until "down town" ran DPS.

-- The clerks who ran the machines let up know that there could be MULTIPLE END OF RUN ( EOR ) REPORTS. And especially when counts were conducted, to ask manglement for the absolute LAST EOR.

-- I would have to guess that also applies to the Flat sorting machines.

-- Trust manglement to enter the correct data? With RRECS down the road, I would not want to bet the route's evaluation on it.

-- Trust, but verify. Kind of hard to do when the plant might be many miles away, if not in a different state!!

" This is not being delayed because they think it's good for the rurals, as some have suggested. They want this ASAP but can't get it working due to the complexity and the technology needed to get it up and running. Consider that a blessing. "

-- Too bad those in high places could not have uttered those few magic words ( long ago ) which would have allowed rural carriers to get paid for all the day's work: "We want to go hourly. ( like the other 3 unions )."

-- Just like the USPS has included the option in the contract ( Article 9.2.C.3.a.(3) ) to conduct a count during the last twelve working days in September of any year, with 30 days notification to the union, the NRLCA better have included the right to go hourly in the next and following contracts if RRECS takes a toll on the rural craft.

-- I believe at one time, a national officer mentioned going hourly IF the rural craft had one more BAD count. Apparently that member did not last long to be in a position to do so or to suggest it be done.

DB.Cooper

@R5... you seem very diligent and thorough... thanks for your informative post... I seem to recall @FrozenToes made a similar RRECS analysis previously... conclusion: NOT Good...

And what you have provided, is FACT based... not all of this wishful speculation that the USPS is fighting and delaying this because it is gonna be good for us...

I agree, I see nothing that says this will be good for Rural Carriers... our best hope is that maybe they'll never figure out how to implement it... :unsure:

Last edited:

stillfirstclass

That's what I believe as well... but we got a few peeps running around on here swearing to be damned that we're gonna make out like fat-cats once this pig is implemented... I say they must be smokin' some rope... 🤪
the best sign for us is the usps appears to not like it, or it would have started by now