Are We Ever Going To See This Implemented ?

Havenowgone

H.N.G... smarter guys than me have went thru these new standards and have said they are skeptical that RRECS is really going to benefit us... I'm talking about peeps like @FrozenToes and more recently @R5... so we can hope and wish in one hand, and you know the rest of the story... 💩
Time will tell but my point was that things simply could not remain the same. We need change, whether that is hourly or RRECS or an improvised system that we now have.

Havenowgone

One thing I'll say about carrying the scammer everywhere, is this...

Everybody complains about having to do $#!+ for "free"... and so, if you think back to before the flippy phones and enter GPS... peeps scanned parcels wherever the hail they wanted, and nobody cared... hail peeps were scanning them delivered at the PO before leaving in the morning, and then just slinging them out on the route...
And obviously this was a helluva lot easier and faster than having to carry the scammer everywhere and scan at the precise delivery locations...

And so, my question to you is... did we get any increased time for this nonsense??? You know the answer... HAIL NO we didn't.... so this is just more FREE $#!+ you all are doing...

So, maybe some peeps are saying they're getting a little tired of more and more $#!+ getting added on to us, with no additional time allocated... just sayin... :unsure:
Yeah, it was so much easier to scan in the truck and then deliver the pkg! The old scanners did't have GPS and the new ones do, so that is why the USPS wants us to leave an actual imprint of where we delivered the pkg and the study wanted an imprint so we could get paid the correct time for delivering it. Heck no, it's not as easy carrying the darn thing everywhere but I did, so the correct information was given for the study and myself. Every rural carrier was depending on us in the study to do things the right way. Yes, we were doing all these things for free but I already did many hours each week for free anyway and the only way to change that was to carry the scanner and do the study like we were told. I know it's a pita and it's more uncompensated work but it's the way of the future, and hopefully, will get everyone paid as correctly as an evaluated system can. Once you do it for a while it just becomes a part of the job. I know that no one likes change but the USPS is always evolving and changing, so we might as well get used to it.

mwellis32

They (Management and Union Reps) are all in this together, a show, a put on to trick us (Rurals)! There is no way RRECS ( WRECKS) is going to solve the screw us because we can't screw you syndrome! Rurals will never get a FAIR, HONEST< TRUST WORTHY PAY SYSTEM! Write it down, take a picture, quit hoping, wishing, for something good to come out of this pit of confounded hokus pokus bag of dirty tricks and scams. Don't never stop looking over your shoulder. They are out to keep you in that corner.

DB.Cooper

Yeah, it was so much easier to scan in the truck and then deliver the pkg! The old scanners did't have GPS and the new ones do, so that is why the USPS wants us to leave an actual imprint of where we delivered the pkg and the study wanted an imprint so we could get paid the correct time for delivering it. Heck no, it's not as easy carrying the darn thing everywhere but I did, so the correct information was given for the study and myself. Every rural carrier was depending on us in the study to do things the right way. Yes, we were doing all these things for free but I already did many hours each week for free anyway and the only way to change that was to carry the scanner and do the study like we were told. I know it's a pita and it's more uncompensated work but it's the way of the future, and hopefully, will get everyone paid as correctly as an evaluated system can. Once you do it for a while it just becomes a part of the job. I know that no one likes change but the USPS is always evolving and changing, so we might as well get used to it.
The USPS motto is "free is good"... especially when it comes to paying rural carriers for doing more work...

Hitler had a saying... "work will make you free"... USPS seems to have modified this to "free work will make you happy"... :unsure:

Rt2mailman

The USPS saying for rural carriers is "We'll make em work for free", simular to Hitler, but different.
We already KNOW what we have in our current system of evaluation, WE GET SCREWED. Hourly will never happen for rurals, or it already would have.
Our only hope, as I see it is RRECS, what else is out there that any of you "nay sayers " would have us do?
This system was not developed by the USPS, nor the NRLCA, it was developed by engineers that really had no dog in this fight . None of us really know how it will help or hurt us on our routes (even the comparison on this site says "for entertainment purposes"). The only hope that I will continue to hold on to is, if it was going to save the USPS more than they save on us currently, it would already be in place, and it's not. What other system did the USPS delay 5 years that SAVED them $?

btdtret

Havegonenow et al -- " I know that no one likes change but the USPS is always evolving and changing, so we might as well get used to it."

-- Was hoping the dictionary would have something "smart" to say about "evolving", but..

- develop gradually, especially from a simple to a more complex form, or

- in chemistry, give off gas.

-- Upon further consideration, both seem appropriate.

DB.Cooper

In the latest official, for entertainment purposes only, poll on RRECS... peeps here are voting 2 to 1 that RRECS will NOT benefit rural carriers...

So the confidence level is LOW... how low can they go??? :unsure:

Last edited:

Windindaface

An item that I have not found clarification on is what will merit parcel credit under RRECS. Where is the count ruler used? Who uses it?

SO18A mentions gather parcels first cart. One cart equals 62 parcels. This is for .1774 seconds of credit plus footage. Will 62 WISH items in routes parcel capture unit merit a trip or will these small items now be separate and sorted by the clerks at their letter or flat sorting station rather than tossed in a routes parcel unit and up as raw letter or flat credit? Who counts these parcel toss items? A clerk under pressure to guestimate so they can be available for front window open? Will there be a dedicated clerk counting these between trucks if possible or after sort so we don't have to wait so we can get to them?

I'm just wondering, what now ends up in our parcel capture unit now, will it be there later? Or will these smalls be held out and sorted by clerks at the letter or flat case? As a carrier in dual delivery craft unit. I witness daily the separation between large and small items for the city side. Big in pumpkin, smalls tossed into a tub and brought to them. Their smalls fit into a satchel for each loop they walk.

Another delivery procedure I changed since the release of the RRECS #s is.. if a rigid non 3rd item barely fits into a box where a customer will have a hard time getting out of their box. Item now goes to their door.

Last edited:

RDruckus

They (Management and Union Reps) are all in this together, a show, a put on to trick us (Rurals)! There is no way RRECS ( WRECKS) is going to solve the screw us because we can't screw you syndrome! Rurals will never get a FAIR, HONEST< TRUST WORTHY PAY SYSTEM! Write it down, take a picture, quit hoping, wishing, for something good to come out of this pit of confounded hokus pokus bag of dirty tricks and scams. Don't never stop looking over your shoulder. They are out to keep you in that corner.
Great advice, keep looking. Remember what managers did to clock rings -- we know they even steal from hourly peeps.🕘

RDruckus

Havegonenow et al -- " I know that no one likes change but the USPS is always evolving and changing, so we might as well get used to it."

-- Was hoping the dictionary would have something "smart" to say about "evolving", but..

- develop gradually, especially from a simple to a more complex form, or

- in chemistry, give off gas.

-- Upon further consideration, both seem appropriate.
Maybe it's devolving

PastOThirty

Great advice, keep looking. Remember what managers did to clock rings -- we know they even steal from hourly peeps.🕘
With hourly, it is significantly easier to validate claims, to audit changed clock rings, to respond to workload volatility, work taskings, environmental challenges, and personnel physical degradation.

Clock rings can and are manipulated (often for valid reasons), but consider all the ways the evaluation process is natural event versus other than.

Gotrope

Havenowgone, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for trying to do right by your fellow carriers with this new system. I appreciate your conscientious to insure any input by you would reflect accurate times. I hope everyone in the study was as dutiful. Again, thank you.

Last edited:

mwellis32

LETTERS going to 86 per minute?? Whats next? Parcels 100 per minute? Parcels 0 per minute! I forgot we need to work for FREEEEEEEE!!!!!!

mwellis32

Please put me on the dreaded time clock! Please make me a city rural carrier! HIRE MORE SUPERVISORS TO RIDE MY ASS! NO MORE FREE WORK! By Damn you want to make me more miserable, well every one can enjoy more misery!! You want a hell hole to work in, well you are getting there faster everyday! Come on in if you DARE!!!!! You'll never see a rural work so SLOW!!!

Gotrope

Are you ok? You sound a bit stressed. Do you have the number of EAP? Yes, the study has gone on for quite some time. However, we do not have all the facts of the study, we do not know all the time components.

In the words of the great Douglas Adams, DON'T PANIC! It's just work. If you need to you can change jobs. Try to keep life in perspective. I have no idea where you got letters at 86 per minute. None of the info currently released would equate to that time. Again, this new system hasn't even been trial run on a portion of routes as yet. It's going to be a while before you see the USPS have the ability to transfer rts to new Potential system. It may never come to pass. Or it may be an improvement. Or not. We simply haven't sufficient data to make an educated guess at this point. Patience grasshopper. Maybe take a mental health day and go fishing. It's ok to be concerned about how things will impact us as carriers. But, we need to have accurate data to do so.

I'm aware everyone is anxious about this topic and The NRLCA's lack of specific info to the membership is not helping. Take a breather. One day at a time. The information will come out eventually. Whether this new system is ever instituted due to complexity is another matter.

mwellis32

I'm fine! It's these games that Management play that make work life miserable! And seems like the Union Reps just keep giving away more and more!! This job is going down on the worst job ever list more and more every day!