• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Back pay does not go towards our high 3?

If I were guessing about how they get away with dinking peeps, I'd say there's some loophole that they don't have to go back and recalculate retirement pay after peeps have already departed.... really can't see how they can pay us THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN BACKPAY AND COLAS, and not make all the associated normal other contributions to SS, Medicare, TSP, FERS, etc., etc.... but, at this point I'm ready to say.... Que sera, sera.... Whatever will be, will be.... The future's not ours to see.... Que sera, sera... What will be, will be... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️🤩

From a purely financial perspective, the amount of money I've made, and the amount of raises I've gotten, and the increase in my retirement and SS annuities, while waiting for this BACKPAY, will far eclipse whatever the final amount they give us will be.... so, again.... wth.... Que sera, sera.... Whatever will be, will be.... The future's not ours to see.... Que sera, sera... What will be, will be... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️(y)🤑😎🤩🥳

Well, thank you all for your answers clearly we don't have one, hard to believe that there is no clarity on this. So know I must ask myself why not?
We've certainly heard every kind of wild @$$ conspiracy theory possible.... guess we'll just have to wait and see what really pans out..... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️🤪

If you are within 5 years of retirement eligibility go here.

Went there. Didn't really see anything that would tell me how much an annuity would increase if a person stuck around for backpay to be added. That is really the only question that I still have. Let me know if I missed something. Thx

Went there. Didn't really see anything that would tell me how much an annuity would increase if a person stuck around for backpay to be added. That is really the only question that I still have. Let me know if I missed something. Thx
I guess you could do the math on it.... basically, add whatever you think you'll get in BACKPAY to your high-3 salary total, then divide that by 3 to get your average annual salary.... then multiply that by your percentage for years of service.... maybe that would give you a ballpark amount.... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️🧐

Personally, I'm sorta waiting out the bastids as a matter of principle.... as I figure if I owed them a single NICKEL, they'd make me pay them all of it back before I left.... so, I'm applying that same standard to them for what they owe me.... js.... seems fair, at least to me.... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️:oops:

I guess you could do the math on it.... basically, add whatever you think you'll get in BACKPAY to your high-3 salary total, then divide that by 3 to get your average annual salary.... then multiply that by your percentage for years of service.... maybe that would give you a ballpark amount.... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️🧐

Personally, I'm sorta waiting out the bastids as a matter of principle.... as I figure if I owed them a single NICKEL, they'd make me pay them all of it back before I left.... so, I'm applying that same standard to them for what they owe me.... js.... seems fair, at least to me.... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️:oops:
Q: How does one determine what they'll get in backpay alone over the previous 3 yrs? If one does an annuity estimate right now, how can one determine how much $ is being left out? Looking for approximations. Thx

Last edited:
The dates are:

1. The General Wage Increase - Effective November 20, 2021 The basic annual salary for each step shall be increased by an amount equal to 1.3% of the appropriate February 27, 2021 salary schedule.

The July 2021 COLA will be paid retroactively. This COLA will be approximately $1,935 annually for Table One and Step 15 of Table Two. The amount will be applied proportionally to Steps 1-14 in Table Two.

The January 2022 COLA would also apply retroactively. As of November 30, 2021, this COLA stands at $811 annually. This number may fluctuate up or down depending on the CPI movement before January 31, 2022.

In total, with the November 2021 GWI increase, the July 2021 COLA and the January 2022 COLA so far, regular rural carriers and PTFs will receive an approximate 5.6% increase in salary upon the signing of this contract.

From a purely financial perspective, the amount of money I've made, and the amount of raises I've gotten, and the increase in my retirement and SS annuities, while waiting for this BACKPAY, will far eclipse whatever the final amount they give us will be.... so, again.... wth.... Que sera, sera.... Whatever will be, will be.... The future's not ours to see.... Que sera, sera... What will be, will be... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️(y)🤑😎🤩🥳
good post

My point was to go to eRetire, if you you qualify per the requirements within that link. This will show you your current Retirement Annuity amount.

The question you are trying to get an answer to is the great unknown that we are all kicking around in this thread. We don't have a definitive answer, we have pretty much agreed that the only thing we can do is wait and see if & where the Retro will be applied!

Yeah I know, I was just referencing that I remember that TSP was added, (the 1% & the 4% match). I don't know for sure but I would think that all deductions were taken out, including FERS.
I don't see how they can just pick and choose which deductions are made or not made, legally.... I mean, if it were up to them, they likely wouldn't pay SS, Medicare, whatever..... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️:rolleyes:

Back