Bezos has become inescapable

csparks

I've thought it was a bit funny over the years how Bezos' picture is always popping up somewhere. Granted Amazon is a pretty remarkable company, so he has gotten the Bill Gates treatment. Elevated above what I'd have expected.
So, the impending Bezos' divorce and the unimaginable amount of dollars involved seem to have given the news outlets something irresistible. What struck me was that yesterday we were in a Mexican place, and it was all over Univision. Then, later in the day they were talking about it on the sports radio show I listen to. It was kinda like Charlie Brown's disappointment in Snoopy's Christmas lights display.

I figured that was a signal I should bring it here? Too much?
Maybe there will be two Amazons? His-Amazon and Her-Amazon?
The divorce will cost so much the delivery service will be scuttled?
The new girlfriend will give Bezos such a mid life crisis he'll run the company in the ground?
The board of directors (if such exists) will tire of the drama and elbow Jeff out?
USPS will be so jittery they offer to deliver more Amazon even cheaper? Washers and dryers, engine blocks and anvils?

My goodness, what could the future hold? Personally, I think the delivery service will be the first chink in the Amazon armor. They can't get their crap to the PO on time, let alone deliver it all over the country.

Rt2mailman

Anvils? I delivered 6 (70 lbs.) parcels last spring. I thought I was going over and above until I thought, there maybe a rural carrier that picks these up daily. I would bid off that route asap.

eunomios

My goodness, what could the future hold? Personally, I think the delivery service will be the first chink in the Amazon armor. They can't get their crap to the PO on time, let alone deliver it all over the country.
So true. My neighbor works for Amazon (he's an idiot) and gloats all the time about how awesome they are; how they will be dumping the stinky USPS soon and delivering their own stuff. Last time I laughed in his face and mentioned how UPS and Fedex still can't figure out how to make rural delivery profitable.

Say what you want about how sh*tty working as a Rural craft employee is - but without us the internet economy would tank.

Crazy idea> won't ever happen> but.. The entire Rural craft should just agree to not deliver any Amazon for a week until we are better compensated for it! Could you imagine the meltdown ! :ROFLMAO:

Travelingmailman

Oooo me like. Why don't we re-organize our labor? How do we get around
18 U.S. Code § 1703 - Delay or destruction of mail or newspaper.
?

Oi veh.

Staff member
Have a guy that's an ammo reloader. It will knock you socks off how heavy a medium size priority mail box full of lead can weigh.
Oh, how well I know. Have a bunch of reloaders on my route. It would be nice if the sending PO would utilize those "Heavy" stickers.

eunomios

Oooo me like. Why don't we re-organize our labor? How do we get around
18 U.S. Code § 1703 - Delay or destruction of mail or newspaper.
?
We could start by leaving all Amazon parcels at the mailbox until we get paid PROPER MILEAGE.

EDIT: Just cite the the RRECS study and its justification. Maybe it will get implemented faster. Rurals would get a mass direct order to deliver to the door - Following that would be a Nationwide Mass grievance for Mileage Pay for the passed, what? DECADE?

Last edited:

Oi veh.

Staff member
We may not get paid mileage, but it IS in our duties and responsibilities, so there's that.

PO-603 Section 331.21

Your out is in Section 331.22.

I am, however, looking forward to the near but distant day when we shall receive the proper remuneration for all miles traveled.

btdtret

Oi veh -- "I am, however, looking forward to the near but distant day when we shall receive the proper remuneration for all miles traveled."

-- Why settle for just all miles traveled, why not everything rural carriers do?

-- RRECS probably does not cover EVERY SINGLE THING.

-- Pretty sure there are plenty of little "above and beyond" things carriers do for their customers.