Bidding on a route

Kddm1229

I am bidding on a route and I have some questions. Is all you have to do is go to ebidding on LiteBlue? I saw a phone number but it doesn’t seem to be working. So I guess what I’m asking is if I put in a bid on the E bid am I all set? Thanks

UnknownUser

Bid all routes available when bidding. You may prioritize if you wish to, or select the option to bid all. If the route was officially vacant for 30+ days you may be interested in filing a grievance, as you may be owed some back pay and an earlier official start date, which may place you higher in the steps. Do your bidding online and make sure it submits, take a screen shot or print the confirmation. You can also go back and see your bidding once it's been completed to be sure. With only 2 routes it should be pretty simple for a new person bidding and self explanatory. I hope there's not an excessed carrier in your area as they would have seniority. Good luck!

johnwayne

I am bidding on a route and I have some questions. Is all you have to do is go to ebidding on LiteBlue? I saw a phone number but it doesn’t seem to be working. So I guess what I’m asking is if I put in a bid on the E bid am I all set? Thanks
Just got awarded a job. Liteblue the ebid.there is a slideshow someone linked in another of my posts. I'm mobile,so hard to link right now. But it's pretty easy.

BigGreenie

I have to wonder, how long have you, Kddm1229, been an RCA? I know that accessing the eBidding process is only allowed when you have been an RCA for a year and have met your probationary period. They may have held the job open until you could bid, or they could have posted it outside of the office to other area offices.

Kddm1229

I have to wonder, how long have you, Kddm1229, been an RCA? I know that accessing the eBidding process is only allowed when you have been an RCA for a year and have met your probationary period. They may have held the job open until you could bid, or they could have posted it outside of the office to other area offices.
It was a situation where there was an injury to a carrier. They have been off the route 2 1/2 years now. I am and have been eligible for a while. It was just a complicated mess with the injury.

UnknownUser

It was a situation where there was an injury to a carrier. They have been off the route 2 1/2 years now. I am and have been eligible for a while. It was just a complicated mess with the injury.
Even though it was a complicated mess, the carrier should have been put on a phantom route after 2 years. That should put you halfway through your first year as a regular as long as you've had a year prior to that. You should be halfway to step 2.

lovehawkins2003

Even though it was a complicated mess, the carrier should have been put on a phantom route after 2 years. That should put you halfway through your first year as a regular as long as you've had a year prior to that. You should be halfway to step 2.
What exactly do you mean? I’m in a situation similar to this.. where the regular carrier on the route I’m currently running has been out due to a non post office injury/surgery for over 2 years now. Well, she filed a grievance against the postmaster after she was sent the termination letter (and after the time frame to file a grievance) the union is fighting for her. The grievance is now at step 3 and waiting to be determined by arbitration. I’ve been running the route now since 3/30 of this year. I transferred to this office 3/30 of this year in hopes of getting this position because there were no eligible subs. Well now the other sub is done with her probationary period and because she was hired at this office before me she had seniority..although I’ve been hired on altogether longer than she have. All of this really discourages me and aggravates me. Is there anything I can do, or need to know? I did just start receiving my leave and sick time. But as far as being knowledgeable about anything that can help in my situation is what I’m asking?

Kddm1229

What exactly do you mean? I’m in a situation similar to this.. where the regular carrier on the route I’m currently running has been out due to a non post office injury/surgery for over 2 years now. Well, she filed a grievance against the postmaster after she was sent the termination letter (and after the time frame to file a grievance) the union is fighting for her. The grievance is now at step 3 and waiting to be determined by arbitration. I’ve been running the route now since 3/30 of this year. I transferred to this office 3/30 of this year in hopes of getting this position because there were no eligible subs. Well now the other sub is done with her probationary period and because she was hired at this office before me she had seniority..although I’ve been hired on altogether longer than she have. All of this really discourages me and aggravates me. Is there anything I can do, or need to know? I did just start receiving my leave and sick time. But as far as being knowledgeable about anything that can help in my situation is what I’m asking?
You can file a grievance. Not sure what the details are but injuries complicate things. The contract says after 2 years they have to give up the route or get proof that they can carry it again. I was just awarded my route...I was an RCA on serving on a vacant route since May of 18. The route was by contract to be put up for bid back in January. The ball really didn’t get rolling until like May. They sent out a letter which the carrier had 30 days to respond to. Once that happened she gave up the route then 30 days had to pass for it to go up. So here we are finally getting awarded the route. I am debating filing a grievance saying it should have gone up in Feb after being “vacant” for 30 days. I could already have 5-6 months towards my next step.

lovehawkins2003

Ok so they did send the carrier the letter..and I thought I was told she had 15 days to respond. But she didn’t respond until right after the deadline. I also heard by the ladies in the office that she didn’t get her medical release and physical completed til after the deadline for that. I also heard that the carrier was gonna just let the job go but someone convinced her to go to the union so now they’re backing her. And I also heard that the grievance she filed was against the postmaster and that’s how she was able to file it being after the deadline... I know this is a bunch of extra! Smh. So if I were able to file a grievance what would it be for?