• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

bidding question

Sandygirl et al -- "Phantom route? "

-- Although "Phantom route" is not specifically mentioned, it is addressed in MOU #6.

-- When a regular carrier, because of job-related illness or injury, is unable to perform the duties of the route and relinquishes the route, the carrier becomes an unassigned regular. and is placed in a limited duty status and assigned Routes 960-979.

-- Routes 980-989 may be used for carriers not yet placed in a modified job assignment and is in an injured on duty / leave without pay ( IOD / LWOP ) status. No payment while on these routes.

-- The F-21 ( Time and Attendance handbook ) does address Phantom Routes in Section 555.

-- Phantom Routes are not part of the normal bidding process.

appr
Sandygirl et al -- "Phantom route? "

-- Although "Phantom route" is not specifically mentioned, it is addressed in MOU #6.

-- When a regular carrier, because of job-related illness or injury, is unable to perform the duties of the route and relinquishes the route, the carrier becomes an unassigned regular. and is placed in a limited duty status and assigned Routes 960-979.

-- Routes 980-989 may be used for carriers not yet placed in a modified job assignment and is in an injured on duty / leave without pay ( IOD / LWOP ) status. No payment while on these routes.

-- The F-21 ( Time and Attendance handbook ) does address Phantom Routes in Section 555.

-- Phantom Routes are not part of the normal bidding process.
Appropriate title I think , Thank you so much

Can I ask what prompted the question? Are you asking if a carrier can bid on a phantom route? If so, why would you want to bid on a phantom route?
It's not an actual route -- just an administrative placeholder for employees who can't work due to a job injury.
In a nutshell, logged on e-bid website clicked my three choices one being 0060. All three showed successful. Fast forward to the results and as it turns out I never bid on rt 60 "according" to mgmt, I bid on 0960 (phantom route) therefore awarding it to an rca going regular.

Back