• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

bidding question

PO'd

Are phantom routes made available as an option to choose from in the bidding process?

Sandygirl et al -- "Phantom route? "

-- Although "Phantom route" is not specifically mentioned, it is addressed in MOU #6.

-- When a regular carrier, because of job-related illness or injury, is unable to perform the duties of the route and relinquishes the route, the carrier becomes an unassigned regular. and is placed in a limited duty status and assigned Routes 960-979.

-- Routes 980-989 may be used for carriers not yet placed in a modified job assignment and is in an injured on duty / leave without pay ( IOD / LWOP ) status. No payment while on these routes.

-- The F-21 ( Time and Attendance handbook ) does address Phantom Routes in Section 555.

-- Phantom Routes are not part of the normal bidding process.

appr
Sandygirl et al -- "Phantom route? "

-- Although "Phantom route" is not specifically mentioned, it is addressed in MOU #6.

-- When a regular carrier, because of job-related illness or injury, is unable to perform the duties of the route and relinquishes the route, the carrier becomes an unassigned regular. and is placed in a limited duty status and assigned Routes 960-979.

-- Routes 980-989 may be used for carriers not yet placed in a modified job assignment and is in an injured on duty / leave without pay ( IOD / LWOP ) status. No payment while on these routes.

-- The F-21 ( Time and Attendance handbook ) does address Phantom Routes in Section 555.

-- Phantom Routes are not part of the normal bidding process.
Appropriate title I think , Thank you so much

Can I ask what prompted the question? Are you asking if a carrier can bid on a phantom route? If so, why would you want to bid on a phantom route?
It's not an actual route -- just an administrative placeholder for employees who can't work due to a job injury.
In a nutshell, logged on e-bid website clicked my three choices one being 0060. All three showed successful. Fast forward to the results and as it turns out I never bid on rt 60 "according" to mgmt, I bid on 0960 (phantom route) therefore awarding it to an rca going regular.

Back