• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Bidding Question

Toolology

I’m a H route and K route opens for bid tomorrow it’s mine for the taking 2 questions? What’s the best way to bid so I get route and do you think I will be awarded route in 2019 or have to wait till first full pay period of 20? PM claims it will be 2020.

I believe there is a stipulation for routes being awarded in Dec that the PM can defer the award until Jan. Bid the K route as your #1 choice then pick your #2,3...and so on. You never know if a senior carrier wants to play musical routes and switch things up.

Toolology -- "’m a H route and K route opens for bid tomorrow it’s mine for the taking .."

-- Are you sure there isn't an excessed regular carrier within 50 to 100 miles of your location?

-- Going from a known H to a new K at Christmas time -- WOW!!

-- Apparently you are the senior regular to be that sure of getting the route. If not, don't believe it if other carriers say they have no interest in the route up for bids. ( mind games ) Have seen carriers pass on bidding a some more senior carrier said he would bid. Turns out the so and so did not bid and some carrier junior got the route.

"What’s the best way to bid so I get route.."

-- Bid CORRECTLY and be specific in listing the route you want. Routes have been lost because of an incorrect bid.

"do you think I will be awarded route in 2019 or have to wait till first full pay period of 20? PM claims it will be 2020. "

-- Depends on how involved and motivated manglement is. IF the PM already said 2020, sounds as if they are planning to be too busy.

- Route posted for 10 days. 14 NOV to 24 NOV

- Awarded WITHIN 10 days. If manglement drags its feet. 25 NOV to 4 DEC

- Awardee has to be placed in the new route WITHIN 21 days. 5 DEC to 26 DEC. BUT it is preferred to have placement on the 1st day of a new pay period. IF the 21 days expires in December, manglement MAY make the placement in December, but in no case will the placement be delayed past the beginning of the first full pay period in January.

- At my first post office, 6 RCA's became regular carriers before Christmas as the supervisor didn't want to wait. ( and probably to prove the PM wrong about awarding routes in December! )

-- Pick your poison:

- PP 25-2019 -- 23 NOV to 06 DEC....if manglement wanted to get creative, may start you on 30 NOV ( unlikely )
- PP 26-2019 -- 07 DEC to 20 DEC....you could be placed on the route here
- PP 01-2020 -- 21 DEC to 03 JAN....this could be possible, but
- PP 02-2020 -- 04 JAN to 17 JAN....or more likely here ( with a potential loss of a week's seniority in the long run )

-- Good luck. Stay on manglement to keep things moving.

Back