• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Bully

Wsopgal

When an employee says that *you are lucky we are on postal property* meaning that they would want to fight with a co worker.....and they say it on postal property....what course of action should the victim of the threat take? Asking for a friend

Wsopgal -- "When an employee says that *you are lucky we are on postal property* meaning that they would want to fight with a co worker.....and they say it on postal property....what course of action should the victim of the threat take? "

-- Hopefully there was / were other person(s) within earshot to hear the threat. Otherwise it is this person said that and that person said this.

-- Inform the supervisor / PM and if necessary, consider filing a police report - for documentation purposes and creating a paper trail.

-- Leave a copy of the USPS policy on Bullying at the person's case.

I would call the police, as I have a zero tolerance for bullies. This person needs to keep their mouth shut, threats should be taken very serious, thinking it is one thing but when you verbalize a threat it takes it to a different level. Please at least make a report of this incident to have a record in writing.

I started in 1986 after the shootings at a PO in Oklahoma. This no tolerance policy derived from that and other incidents that happened. The public likes to joke about " going postal" but I understand the workplace culture because I was part of it for 30 years. I let a lot of stuff pass. Not everyone can do that and they react in a different manner that a rational person. Get management involved and if you don't feel that they will do their job then go to the media.
Before you do that, make sure that you have your ducks lined up because they will be coming for you.

Unless the manager is the bully, then 99.9% tolerance of the behavior.
They do tolerate this person's behavior. It has been going on for months from what I understand. It is also my understanding that this bully is such a great employer (outside of the bullying) that they would much rather lose the victim than the instigator.

Wsopgal et al -- "The supervisors are their buddies."

-- Be sure to mention that fact to your Assistant District Representative and District Representative!
She did that. Now the poor girl is so stressed out that she is using sick leave to avoid the situation as she is depressed to the point of vomiting. And she had to call EAP. I am so mad about this. She didn't do anything but is sick because nobody has her back. So sad.

make a statement on paper that you feel unsafe due to a fellow employees behavior and request to be moved have 2 copies file with the pm and your friend keeps the other
Moving would upend her life. Sell house etc.

While she is having a hard time....She will not allow these people to win.

I would call the police, as I have a zero tolerance for bullies. This person needs to keep their mouth shut, threats should be taken very serious, thinking it is one thing but when you verbalize a threat it takes it to a different level. Please at least make a report of this incident to have a record in writing.
Yes I agree. She has been told by several people. But she doesn't want to harm this person's future as they are young. I will try to convince her. You just never know what can happen later....even off property.

Back