Calling mapping volunteers?

Rt2mailman

Best answers
They had some in place 2 years ago, the USPS paid to have them travel and the motels to put them up, the time to train them, then nothing. They only mapped the study routes, and that took a very long time. Supposedly the new programs, that are probably the cause of are scanners slowing down, will do half of the mapping and the "Facilitators"(one manager and one union appointed member) will finish up the 4 points of delivery for every address. That is the parking place and where the box is, the parking place for delivering a parcel, and area where parcel is placed.

marked

Best answers
No, we had a short talk this and the steward made it sound like we (regs) were going to sit down (at cmptr) and do the mapping for our route. Four points IDed per Addy. Plus traffic info, signs, RR crossing, school zones etc.

Skierstmoritz

Best answers
No, we had a short talk this and the steward made it sound like we (regs) were going to sit down (at cmptr) and do the mapping for our route. Four points IDed per Addy. Plus traffic info, signs, RR crossing, school zones etc.
So we are being mapped with the old scanners? Not the new ones.

RDruckus

Best answers
I believe we've been mapping with these old scammers, but no one told us about it.

I think some routes will get new scammers before others, but the time table seems vague.

Last edited:

gotstamps

Best answers
Every time that we scan, a pin is dropped at that location. The mapping system uses those pin drops & the breadcrumbs to assist in mapping the routes. It is NOT actually mapping the route on its own. We Carriers still have to sit down with a facilitator to confirm & add all the pin drops that are required for RRECS. We will also have to do a routing version to pin point the Stop Lights, Stop signs, Yield Signs, etc.

That being said... The DRs that are involved with mapping are having to find a given number of Carriers to learn the process & go to other offices & handle the route mapping with the Regular Carriers there. The Post Office will also be choosing Their own folks to do the same thing. If you’re interested AND it would not “cripple” your office by being out on detail, then contact your Steward or DR & put your name in for consideration.

btdtret

Best answers
RDruckus et al -- "Has anyone heard the union putting out feelers to find volunteers to help with the RRECS mapping?"

-- Would that be an unofficial manglement position?

gotstamps

Best answers
RDruckus et al -- "Has anyone heard the union putting out feelers to find volunteers to help with the RRECS mapping?"

-- Would that be an unofficial manglement position?
not so far. The DRs are handling the initial offices and will be choosing as I stated above. It was announced at the Conference that this would be starting up.

Rural Deviation

Best answers
If I’m remembering correctly, at the end of January I believe it was 8 DRs met in Memphis TN to be trained on how to implement the mapping process. Which 8 I can’t remember. I believe the districts where said, but my DR in Tennessee wasn’t chosen as part of the 8.

gotstamps

Best answers
If I’m remembering correctly, at the end of January I believe it was 8 DRs met in Memphis TN to be trained on how to implement the mapping process. Which 8 I can’t remember. I believe the districts where said, but my DR in Tennessee wasn’t chosen as part of the 8.
That is correct. One office in each of the chosen Districts was picked to be mapped by the end of February. Some, if not all, have completed that task.

Dumbassclerksyndrome

Best answers
I’ve heard of training happening now with “teams” consisting of one carrier and one manager. My question is if the carrier is being paid at higher level, management, will these individuals will be deemed ineligible to be delegates for both state and national convention?

gotstamps

Best answers
I’ve heard of training happening now with “teams” consisting of one carrier and one manager. My question is if the carrier is being paid at higher level, management, will these individuals will be deemed ineligible to be delegates for both state and national convention?
Not If your the Facilitator for the Union. Can’t say as to Mgmt’s facilitator as it was my thinking that the person mgmt chooses would already be in a mgmt-type position. Growth Coordinator, Safety Ambassador, & 204b have the ability to affect a Carrier’s pay, job, & benefits so they cannot be a Delegate. Academy Instructor has no affect to a Carrier’s job so they can be a Delegate even with their P-Code. I believe the mapping facilitator is the same since they are there to assist the Carrier with mapping & cannot directly affect that carrier’s pay.

Dumbassclerksyndrome

Best answers
Not If your the Facilitator for the Union. Can’t say as to Mgmt’s facilitator as it was my thinking that the person mgmt chooses would already be in a mgmt-type position. Growth Coordinator, Safety Ambassador, & 204b have the ability to affect a Carrier’s pay, job, & benefits so they cannot be a Delegate. Academy Instructor has no affect to a Carrier’s job so they can be a Delegate even with their P-Code. I believe the mapping facilitator is the same since they are there to assist the Carrier with mapping & cannot directly affect that carrier’s pay.
🤔🤔

Morty

Best answers
Do we follow the language in the M38 stating private roads and driveways DO NOT receive service and thus mark our parking spots at the road?🤔

Dumbassclerksyndrome

Best answers
Carriers that are facilitators are paid their route's evaluation plus mileage if they travel, they are not considered in management, because they are picked by and representing our union.
But if you’re paid the routes evaluation at a higher level pay is that not considered management? And on a 1723?

Last edited: