• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Centralized boxes

Tmail -- Search for "boxes needed for 60 minute change" in RI's KNOWLEDGEBASE Section at the top of the page.

Box factor for a centralized box ( aka cluster box / NDCBU / among other names ) = 1 minute per individual section

Also get credit if the centralized box has one box for out going mail.

A new subdivision is going up just outside of town. Currently there are 5 houses with a final projection of 50, so there will be 4 CBU's installed at a single location My understanding is the slots will be assigned as if the subdivision is full and will be by street. Therefore, I will have at least 2 and possibly 3 CBU's used for the 5 houses.

I know I get 1 minute per CBU slot and credit for each outgoing mail slot. Also will get credit for the dismount. And there will be a route extension to access the CBU's. Finally, there is the parcel locker credit. Is there anything else?

If my route is currently 60.3 miles and after the extension is 60.6 miles, do I get a full mile of EMA (would I get 61 versus the current 60?) and do I get to include 12 minutes to add to the evaluation for a full mile, 3.6 minutes for the actual extension (12 x .3), or nothing because a full mile was not added?

Current parcel locker availability credit is 2 min per box. Make sure the total is reflected in gain. Parcel lockers locations are not listed in EDIT BOOK. 60.6 miles is credited. No round up or down. Also make sure footage dismount is credited for bouncing from 1 unit to the other 4 if in one location. The added dismount distance is reflected on 4241A.

Last edited:
When they bolt these CBUs down and didn't include overhead, stop by the sales office and ask them to get with developer to consider putting one up. They're the latest craze, selling point for prospective home buyers, just plain looks professional, etc...

When you get measured for steps, point out that one day a week should be doubled for advos/red plums, I get it for 10 stops...worth a try.

It sounds like the CBU's are going to be in a school bus stop enclosure. The subdivision is going to have the most expensive houses in the area. Lots of solar panels going up in the area - hopefully they light/heat it with the solar. On my previous route a small town lost its post office and was replaced by CBU's. The town provided an unheated room and the post office put in the CBU's. Overall, it worked pretty good.

You get the new boxes as they start to receive mail or fill out the new resident card, not all at once before the houses are built. The economy could take a down turn and those never get filled for years. Counting chickens before they are hatched often times causes omelettes.

You get the new boxes as they start to receive mail or fill out the new resident card, not all at once before the houses are built. The economy could take a down turn and those never get filled for years. Counting chickens before they are hatched often times causes omelettes.

Yes. I have 11 other deliveries to add. I need to make sure the additional 5 CBU addresses will put me over. My route is currently a 46K, so this may result in a cut. The only other route in the office is a 43K but was counted when vacant last year. It probably should have been a 44K, but there was nobody questioning the PM's determinations. I'll probably wait and see if the new contract is disclosed before proceeding.

Yes. I have 11 other deliveries to add. I need to make sure the additional 5 CBU addresses will put me over. My route is currently a 46K, so this may result in a cut. The only other route in the office is a 43K but was counted when vacant last year. It probably should have been a 44K, but there was nobody questioning the PM's determinations. I'll probably wait and see if the new contract is disclosed before proceeding.
So you currently have 11 regular boxes on your route to add that aren't CBU? If I read correctly from the "boxes needed for 1 hr" located at the bottom of ruralinfo homepage, then you generally have 11 of the 15 required for adding 60 minutes. Somebody slap me if I'm wrong. Call it :40 with just those 11.

You have 5 addresses for sub-division homes to add, but the CBUs aren't up yet? When they are, you'll get approx :23 for the 4 CBUs, the stop, the steps, and first 5 addresses after turning in updated edit book and 4003. Over an hour for all of it.

So you currently have 11 regular boxes on your route to add that aren't CBU? If I read correctly from the "boxes needed for 1 hr" located at the bottom of ruralinfo homepage, then you generally have 11 of the 15 required for adding 60 minutes. Somebody slap me if I'm wrong. Call it :40 with just those 11.

You have 5 addresses for sub-division homes to add, but the CBUs aren't up yet? When they are, you'll get approx :23 for the 4 CBUs, the stop, the steps, and first 5 addresses after turning in updated edit book and 4003. Over an hour for all of it.

Yes, 11 new non-CBU. CBUs going to be installed any day now. PM screwed previous carrier out of an adjustment because everything wasn't correctly done. I told them (PM and carrier) that the route should have gained at least one and likely two hours. When I got the route the rural analyst came and straightened everything out and increased the route by two hours. I just want to make sure I have everything correct before pushing for the hour increase.

Back