• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Christmas

Igusnus -- "So why doesn't Christmas overtime start a week sooner on 11-30 instead of 12-7? Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the onslaught of parcels have long begun even prior to 12-7. "

-- Blame it on the calendar and the Pay Period schedule.

I'm not worried about the OT issue or delivering in the dark. Something I have never earned or done in my 20+ in.

I have approved 3 day weekends (Sun, Mon, Tues) until the AL award period next year. Along with an 11 day resting up period starting the week of Thanksgiving.

FYI my home delivery unit will not be dropping Holiday items here. I'm done with my Christmas shopping.

So why doesn't Christmas overtime start a week sooner on 11-30 instead of 12-7? Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the onslaught of parcels have long begun even prior to 12-7.

It’s always the first 3 weeks of December starting on Saturday by Contract. The first Saturday in December is the 7th so that’s the start & goes for 3 weeks. It has nothing to do with Pay Periods.
At least Christmas Day actually falls in the OT Period for a change! ?

So why doesn't Christmas overtime start a week sooner on 11-30 instead of 12-7? Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the onslaught of parcels have long begun even prior to 12-7.
It’s always the first 3 weeks of December starting on Saturday by Contract. The first Saturday in December is the 7th so that’s the start & goes for 3 weeks. It has nothing to do with Pay Periods.
At least Christmas Day actually falls in the OT Period for a change! ?
Yes, but that week after Thanksgiving week is tough.

gotstamps et al -- "At least Christmas Day actually falls in the OT Period for a change! "

-- As does Hanukkah and Kwanzaa as well as Boxing Day for those with British and or Canadian associations.

-- Unrelated. Merchants probably not happy that Thanksgiving falls on the last week of the month, losing a week of business.

Back