Compensation for retroactive relief days worked

PastOThirty

Bull spit. They drag their feet in making the adjustments that rightfully increase the size of the route, that is on them. When I should not be working because I should have a relief day, but they schedule me anyway, I should have the option, because it wasn't my desire to work, and I was on the RDWL, which affords me the option. I should get 5's for every day I should not have worked because I was not given a retroactive relief day when otherwise entitled, and was on the RDWL the entire time because I knew how the game would play out. It is not my fault they are both slow to make adjustment and slow to hire relief. I am glad they realized that the reduction in route classification could have consequences, and attempted to mitigate them, even if poorly, but the other side of the coin is still unaddressed in my book.

Shafted

Well Ronnie, that’s your first sellout. You drew your line in the sand. Now you’re just a sad statistic. SSDD. What’s the rush now to properly implement changes to routes where a classification was switched? Drag your ass USPS processing these changes now that you know there’s no penalty. Sickening.

Deer smearer

Well Ronnie, that’s your first sellout. You drew your line in the sand. Now you’re just a sad statistic. SSDD. What’s the rush now to properly implement changes to routes where a classification was switched? Drag your ass USPS processing these changes now that you know there’s no penalty. Sickening.
I don't see it as a sell-out. With the old mixed policies there seemed to be too many ways the carriers would end up on the short end.

Either charged LWOP for decreasing evaluations or getting demand letters for going from high J routes to low K routes.

What was a sellout was the failure to address the length of time the adjustments take. (Apparently 38 weeks in one case)

All this started in 2009??? 9+ years... WTF

Gotrope

As a carrier who has been affected by this issue at least 1-2 times a year for the last 6 years, I'm not jolly about the DACA 3/5 choice vanishing but, it's better than owing money to the #$¶$. I had to pay back thousands in the last couple of years. Think of it as getting your x day and you were given money at the time worked to compensate you. The difference between a h,j k can be quite significant. Not having to pay back that high wage for their shortcomings can add up as you continue to work a route in need of adjustments 😀

I think of it as punishment( earning higher evaluation) for their ineptitude and never paying back that money again.

Btw, I've had adjustments go to step 3 that were way, way more than a year old. If USPS owes they drag it out as long as possible.

Haychica

WOW...just read the whole thing!...thanks...this will directly effect a route in my office...ill forward it to her...
Thanks again

Gotrope

Hhmm, I just ran some numbers. My routes have been responsible for 141 of the 1450 retroactive x days since 2009. Does this mean only ten of us play the DPS lottery? Surely, Someone else must enjoy playing tag with their district?