Consumerism and compromise

Bee

Happy Thanksgiving, we at least my household has so much to be thankful.

As I was reading about RCA's working today and some of the comments. I wonder how many postal people order from Amazon? I haven't since 2013 and they don't even show up when I search for a product.

Collectively, we can turn the tide. Don't order from them. Back in late 90's early 2000 we were encouraged to request USPS delivery when ordering. The unions actually said if 550,000 employees request USPS we can save our jobs. Don't use UPS and FedEx. Today, the union/association is silent.

Silent on hiring efforts and protocol. Silent on letting/agreeing for offices to go to formula without following all required protocol. Then agreeing and repeating what management says. No one wants to work. Recently, offices are holding job fairs and not advertising. Only to turn around and mandate all regulars work 6-7 days a week. Again, the association is silent.

I heard a RCA say "I need to go to grocery store to feed my babies." Inappropriate response was "don't the babysitter feed them."

I'll let that marinate. If we want to stop delivering Amazon on Sundays and holidays, we have to be part of the solution...not the problem.

It is wrong and should only be available on a volunteer basis. It should also be paid at time and a half minimum.

I'm thankful to have a job, but, I don't like my employer.

To any and all RCA's, thank you and I regret the negative environment so many are in.

Sprocket

Happy Thanksgiving, we at least my household has so much to be thankful.

As I was reading about RCA's working today and some of the comments. I wonder how many postal people order from Amazon? I haven't since 2013 and they don't even show up when I search for a product.

Collectively, we can turn the tide. Don't order from them. Back in late 90's early 2000 we were encouraged to request USPS delivery when ordering. The unions actually said if 550,000 employees request USPS we can save our jobs. Don't use UPS and FedEx. Today, the union/association is silent.

Silent on hiring efforts and protocol. Silent on letting/agreeing for offices to go to formula without following all required protocol. Then agreeing and repeating what management says. No one wants to work. Recently, offices are holding job fairs and not advertising. Only to turn around and mandate all regulars work 6-7 days a week. Again, the association is silent.

I heard a RCA say "I need to go to grocery store to feed my babies." Inappropriate response was "don't the babysitter feed them."

I'll let that marinate. If we want to stop delivering Amazon on Sundays and holidays, we have to be part of the solution...not the problem.

It is wrong and should only be available on a volunteer basis. It should also be paid at time and a half minimum.

I'm thankful to have a job, but, I don't like my employer.

To any and all RCA's, thank you and I regret the negative environment so many are in.
I'm thankful to have a (part time) job, but, I don't like my employer.

Yep

Joe Reeser

Collectively, we can turn the tide.
No. No, we can't. Look - I realize all of these parcels are a pain in the backside but they are not going away. If Amazon disappeared tomorrow most people would still order their stuff on-line. Why? Because it's easier, more convenient and usually cheaper. The Genie is not going back inside that bottle - no matter how much anyone might wish it would.

csparks

No. No, we can't. Look - I realize all of these parcels are a pain in the backside but they are not going away. If Amazon disappeared tomorrow most people would still order their stuff on-line. Why? Because it's easier, more convenient and usually cheaper. The Genie is not going back inside that bottle - no matter how much anyone might wish it would.
If Amazon were to go away, at least there would not be a truck pulling up to the back door every day loaded with bedframes and bicycles that Amazon pays a buck to drop off for rurals to deliver free.

If every mattress, car seat, and footlocker full of dog food were mailed via USPS, maybe there'd be some money to pay RCAs to stay.

psd181

But Amazon is a mega donor of particular political party. The president in 2012 created this under the table deal. We still don't know the details.
It wasn't the president. It was the PMG. You don't have to know the details, just look at the financial statements. Look at # of parcel select pieces and $ amounts. While you don't know the price azon or ups pay, you know those 2 are at least 80% of the parcels under parcel select. So you can get an average price per piece. When you see the average per piece and then look at the 50# dog food, matresses, bedframes, toilets, air conditioners, freezers mixed in with the average........ you can see why both azon and ups make huge profits off the taxpayers by shipping it with us. They screw us and the taxpayers with the deal.

psd181

If Amazon were to go away, at least there would not be a truck pulling up to the back door every day loaded with bedframes and bicycles that Amazon pays a buck to drop off for rurals to deliver free.

If every mattress, car seat, and footlocker full of dog food were mailed via USPS, maybe there'd be some money to pay RCAs to stay.
hey did I steal your login and post as you also? LOL

psd181

When azon started delivering their own in my area, parcels dropped to mail count average and we enjoyed our jobs once again. After 2 months, azon was losing money paying others to deliver and pulled them and sent the crap back to us. So yes, parcels are here to stay, but if azon were to carry their own sht, our lives could return to normal after getting off work at a decent time.

den7008

as long as we keep delivering amazon nothing will change ,,no employees the few we have worked to death and does the usps care ??not for a second work on thanksgiving ,,family is not important and if you dont like it quit they just keep hiring more so they can quit too,,,,if you decide to keep delivering bend over grab your socks and enjoy the ride,,,,its terrible

Itstillfun

Amazon delivers A lot of smalls. I see them all over. To door. Rural bread and butter that was a balancing part of the evaluated system. But yes consumers follow the easiest path to enjoy family at home I suppose. Here to stay unless free shipping isn't worked in. Pay to play and tax the crap oughtta them. The American way?

Joe Reeser

Maybe yes and maybe no. We got Amazon drops for two years before we were counted with them (2018 count). Less than a year after that Amazon went away but now we get a UPS drop every day. The number of parcels isn't quite as high and they also tend to run smaller.

Joe Reeser

When azon started delivering their own in my area, parcels dropped to mail count average and we enjoyed our jobs once again. After 2 months, azon was losing money paying others to deliver and pulled them and sent the crap back to us. So yes, parcels are here to stay, but if azon were to carry their own sht, our lives could return to normal after getting off work at a decent time.
Amazon started carrying their own stuff here over two years ago and they're still at it. The problem is and always was the Association. As soon as the first Amazon pallet hit the first USPS dock there should have been a national level grievance to decide how we were to be compensated but they didn't care. I guess they were too busy planning their annual party.

There should be a national grievance now on the mix of small and large parcels. How many parcels have to go in a mailbox to pay for that one parcel to the door? Back when 95% of parcels fit in a mailbox, 10 secs/parcel street time may have been reasonable. It's been ludicrously short for years but the Association just keeps using the ever elusive RRECS implementation as an excuse to not even try fixing things.

csparks

Amazon started carrying their own stuff here over two years ago and they're still at it. The problem is and always was the Association. As soon as the first Amazon pallet hit the first USPS dock there should have been a national level grievance to decide how we were to be compensated but they didn't care. I guess they were too busy planning their annual party.

There should be a national grievance now on the mix of small and large parcels. How many parcels have to go in a mailbox to pay for that one parcel to the door? Back when 95% of parcels fit in a mailbox, 10 secs/parcel street time may have been reasonable. It's been ludicrously short for years but the Association just keeps using the ever elusive RRECS implementation as an excuse to not even try fixing things.
I was/still am floored that USPS can have a count, adjust routes and pay scale, then 3 weeks later Amazon trucks arrive.
Would you hire a guy to paint your house, then assume he was gonna do the barn too? Same pay?
Would you load you cart with groceries, then expect another cart free?

Voglio-il mio

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neciat

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ABSOLUTELY !!! I agree !!!!