counts 2021

Itstillfun

The way Union office and my brain are on different plains I figure it's all up for discussion. They may want more routes cut to the teeth before rolling out contract. How about no K's, that would help control costs. Less rca's, oops already doing that.
Seems contracts are slow rolling and are arriving very late for the party. I would hope the Union has been putting extra effort to strengthen the Craft. Certainly that could be accomplished safely. How about some teeth in the upcoming contracts. Abuse of current contract is accepted and needs fixing. Take a bite out of crime.

btdtret

javacertified -- "Is there a possible count this Spring 2021, in February-March? Or any time before September?"

-- Not really. NO national mail counts were scheduled in the 2018-2021 contract agreement.

-- The USPS has the option for a national mail count over the last 12 working days in September.

-- MOU's #1 and #2 haven't been used in the past, so probably ( JMHO ) won't be used this year or in future years.

-- As evidenced in the past, the likelihood having a 2021-20XX contract in place by 20 MAY 2021 won't happen.

-- If you want a mail count, find some way to force a Special Count, like having a requested Formal DPS Review fail.

TheDude

javacertified -- "Is there a possible count this Spring 2021, in February-March? Or any time before September?"

-- Not really. NO national mail counts were scheduled in the 2018-2021 contract agreement.

-- The USPS has the option for a national mail count over the last 12 working days in September.

-- MOU's #1 and #2 haven't been used in the past, so probably ( JMHO ) won't be used this year or in future years.

-- As evidenced in the past, the likelihood having a 2021-20XX contract in place by 20 MAY 2021 won't happen.

-- If you want a mail count, find some way to force a Special Count, like having a requested Formal DPS Review fail.

I did the DPS review route. Didn't work. After screwing me and not hardly counting all the loose letters in the same manner as the mail count for the first 2 weeks, they eventually counted correctly the last 2 weeks. Still failed pretty badly.

Miraculously, for the next two weeks I had near 100% correct DPS, no inverted, addresses that had 1/2s....like 311 and 311 1/2 that would never ever be in the correct order were fixed. They even had someone call daily to ask about any errors. After two weeks, they deemed the problem to be corrected. A month or so later, back to terrible. I routinely bring back just as much messed up DPS as I do outgoing mail.
What's the point of even trying?

btdtret

The Dude -- "I did the DPS review route. Didn't work. After screwing me and not hardly counting all the loose letters in the same manner as the mail count for the first 2 weeks, they eventually counted correctly the last 2 weeks. Still failed pretty badly.

Miraculously, for the next two weeks I had near 100% correct DPS, no inverted, addresses that had 1/2s....like 311 and 311 1/2 that would never ever be in the correct order were fixed. They even had someone call daily to ask about any errors. After two weeks, they deemed the problem to be corrected. A month or so later, back to terrible. I routinely bring back just as much messed up DPS as I do outgoing mail.

-- Keep requesting a DPS Review when the quality goes downhill.

-- Step 4 ( A-100 ) specifically addresses inverted DPS.

"What's the point of even trying??"

-- Wouldn't it be worth it to have a few weeks of "pristine" DPS?

-- Documenting consistent DPS failures could signal a deep-rooted problem at the plant.

-- Manglement is counting on you to just give up.

-- Be the proverbial thorn in the postal rose garden.

-- Manglement demands you be 100% accurate in your work; hold them accountable to at least 98%.

TheDude

The Dude -- "I did the DPS review route. Didn't work. After screwing me and not hardly counting all the loose letters in the same manner as the mail count for the first 2 weeks, they eventually counted correctly the last 2 weeks. Still failed pretty badly.

-- Keep requesting a DPS Review when the quality goes downhill.

-- Step 4 ( A-100 ) specifically addresses inverted DPS.

"What's the point of even trying??"

-- Wouldn't it be worth it to have a few weeks of "pristine" DPS?

-- Documenting consistent DPS failures could signal a deep-rooted problem at the plant.

-- Manglement is counting on you to just give up.

-- Be the proverbial thorn in the postal rose garden.

-- Manglement demands you be 100% accurate in your work; hold them accountable to at least 98%.

It was nice having a couple days of good DPS. However, the extra time it took to seperate and count messed DPS and then wait for it to be counted by the PM, then wait to pull down was ridiculous. I was definitely in the hole in regards to time spent on the count. If you add in the arguments with the District Representative who said they don't have to count loose letters in the same manner as they were counted in the mail count.....and then contacting a committee member to confirm I was right......and then have the D.R. permanently hate me.

I don't see the point.

Also, in regards to 98%, I think my mail count accuracy was somewhere near 85% and the failure was around 80% and should have been even lower if they counted everything right.

RDruckus

It was nice having a couple days of good DPS. However, the extra time it took to seperate and count messed DPS and then wait for it to be counted by the PM, then wait to pull down was ridiculous. I was definitely in the hole in regards to time spent on the count. If you add in the arguments with the District Representative who said they don't have to count loose letters in the same manner as they were counted in the mail count.....and then contacting a committee member to confirm I was right......and then have the D.R. permanently hate me.

I don't see the point.

Also, in regards to 98%, I think my mail count accuracy was somewhere near 85% and the failure was around 80% and should have been even lower if they counted everything right.
You should be compensated for the extra time - auxiliary assistance or 8127 time. That includes discussions or arguments with management. Make them pay out for jerking you around, it may cut down on them hassling you.

Tough on the DR! Who cares what they think? They acknowledged you were right, that's a victory for craft!

Last edited:

Gotrope

I've been at this game a long time. In my opinion, the dps review is valuable for potential increasd in pay and relief days. But, mostly, its to annoy mgmt and force them to supply the same product they did during mail count. I never cared if it failed or not. It was more to stop the hundreds of random mail and mailings which always were automated during a count. Of course, they always did fail. My record is 6 years in a row. Could have been 7 last year but I was tired and thinking of retiring.