• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Couple of questions I haven't seen on rrecs.

I have a new question on RRECS, but didn't figure it needed a new thread:

Will Covid be used as an excuse to either scrap RRECS, or add in some new "screw the rurals" twist?

I know that sounds like more of my typical snark, bordering on conspiracy theory territory. But, it just feels so possible.

I was thinking the same thing today...we getting all hive-thinkey up in here...now if we could just get that herd immunity going on.

csparks et al -- "Will Covid be used as an excuse to either scrap RRECS, or add in some new "screw the rurals" twist? "

-- Let's just hope ( pray if you like ) that Covid-19 will be a distant memory and the economy will be booming again before someone in a cubicle at USPS HQ remembers: "Before the virus hit, weren't we suppose to implement some program we've been toying with for 5 or so years ? Oh yeah, RRECS or something like that!"

We have a notice posted that "digitization" starts in April.....what does that mean exactly?
In USPS/nrlca language, digitization is defined as collection of route data. Not mapping, but collection of scanner pings and info to create a digital snapshot of your route. I would anticipate the data collection in on hold or being fought as no one is delivering in traditional or normal patterns right now. It would seriously skew the end result.

In USPS/nrlca language, digitization is defined as collection of route data. Not mapping, but collection of scanner pings and info to create a digital snapshot of your route. I would anticipate the data collection in on hold or being fought as no one is delivering in traditional or normal patterns right now. It would seriously skew the end result.

That's what I was thinking......I'm stopping at every house with a Amazon package!

We have a notice posted that "digitization" starts in April.....what does that mean exactly?
Refer to my post from earlier.

I have been doing this for the last month to make sure everything is set-up right in the 4003.
After submitting a base change with the collected info, you then submit what is called a remeasure. Once you submit the remeasure that is when the system goes into effect, and you are now ready to be mapped.

Sounds like the USPS is saying, we'll do what we want, and once we figure out what that is, we'll tell you.... :oops:
So....basically...we're going to make something up based on data that hasn't been collected yet and then shove, i mean, share it with you even though you agreed there's NOTHING you can do about it.....grrrr

Back