• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Credit for picked up 3m mail the following day

Haychica

So, if the USPS has decided NOT to pay us to pull out all the bad mail , this means that the customer(I hope)leaves the bad mail for us to pick up the next day...how is this credited?

If you mean during count, it just becomes part of your markups/throwbacks on the next day.
Sorry...no,.. I mean under RRECS...the sorting time has gone from 43 to 86..right?and I've been told by a super that the P.O. no longer is willing to compensate us for pulling it out...basically this would be the only way you could come close to 86ppm...so the holds,3m mail etc ..will be delivered. Then,collected the next day. ..what function would this fall under under RRECS??

If you are talking about DPS you need to have a DPS review asap. Whatever % of raw to DPS is what they MUST maintain since your last count. If that % is .001 lower over a 2 week period, they have failed and will be required to increase your route's evaluation by 2 or 3 hours depending on the size of your route. Search DPS reviews in the resources of this sight or on the NRLCA site. Your pm/supervisor will change his story 24 hours after you formally request a DPS review.
Just for fun get the DPS review request form, fill it out both quality and quantity forms and slap it on your supervisor's desk on Monday, if you don't want to continue the review, you can always stop it at your choice. Don't stand under any fans, because something awful will soon be hitting that fan. Enjoy it by telling your supervisor that the AREA DISTRICT MANAGER will soon be calling and discussing your supervisor's career plans.

I believe the 3M mail from DPS will be handled upon your return to the PO and will be actual time. Also your holds and forwards. And for return of empty equipment (trays & tubs) and rubber bands, as well as handling the outgoing mail. I don't think you will be given individual credit for any of this work. I anticipate I will just throw the stuff in a tub and sort through it at my case. I didn't think there was an entry for mark-ups for RRECS, but that is just from memory. My guess is this will be a gain in time for me.

@Haychica I am just guessing on the 3M stuff. However, if my guess is correct, I would think you would take the 3M out with you on the route if you case your DPS so you are properly credited.

One of my biggest concerns is the accounting for parcels with no Delivery Confirmation or an illegible scan. I cannot understand why the clerk throwing parcels does not just slap an old DC label on the parcel and scan it Arrival. Then someone at a higher pay grade can research the DC. I just think it is stupid for us to try to remember how to enter it as a trip to the door.

Also, I finish my scan every time I finish delivering a parcel even if I make multiple trips. So I will scan Parcel #1 @ Front Door and go through to the Zip Code, then Parcel #2 @ Front Door, etc. I know I am going to forget to enter x 1 for a second trip. I would think there would be a better way.

@Haychica I am just guessing on the 3M stuff. However, if my guess is correct, I would think you would take the 3M out with you on the route if you case your DPS so you are properly credited.

One of my biggest concerns is the accounting for parcels with no Delivery Confirmation or an illegible scan. I cannot understand why the clerk throwing parcels does not just slap an old DC label on the parcel and scan it Arrival. Then someone at a higher pay grade can research the DC. I just think it is stupid for us to try to remember how to enter it as a trip to the door.

Also, I finish my scan every time I finish delivering a parcel even if I make multiple trips. So I will scan Parcel #1 @ Front Door and go through to the Zip Code, then Parcel #2 @ Front Door, etc. I know I am going to forget to enter x 1 for a second trip. I would think there would be a better way.
Gotcha??

That's what I was getting at..thank you
[/QUOTE

That's a good idea?

If you are talking about DPS you need to have a DPS review asap. Whatever % of raw to DPS is what they MUST maintain since your last count. If that % is .001 lower over a 2 week period, they have failed and will be required to increase your route's evaluation by 2 or 3 hours depending on the size of your route. Search DPS reviews in the resources of this sight or on the NRLCA site. Your pm/supervisor will change his story 24 hours after you formally request a DPS review.
Just for fun get the DPS review request form, fill it out both quality and quantity forms and slap it on your supervisor's desk on Monday, if you don't want to continue the review, you can always stop it at your choice. Don't stand under any fans, because something awful will soon be hitting that fan. Enjoy it by telling your supervisor that the AREA DISTRICT MANAGER will soon be calling and discussing your supervisor's career plans.
man...I'll tell ya...its been a crap shoot for weeks...you need to give 30 days notice I think...trying to coordinate with potential mail count...lol...hmmm...could get interesting

...so the holds,3m mail etc ..will be delivered. Then,collected the next day.

That's my sub every time he works. Every day I work after he does I have to stop at every box that's supposed to be empty and take the mail out. The actual vacant houses I have 'vacant' cards in and have finally got him to not put mail on top of them. I mean, I know there's a problem on my route for some unknown reason where the holdouts don't get held out an awful lot of the time but the addresses HE puts on hold the day he works, he still delivers if there's anything in DPS for them. I can't even imagine how he runs his own Aux and I'd be scared to ask.

That's my sub every time he works. Every day I work after he does I have to stop at every box that's supposed to be empty and take the mail out. The actual vacant houses I have 'vacant' cards in and have finally got him to not put mail on top of them. I mean, I know there's a problem on my route for some unknown reason where the holdouts don't get held out an awful lot of the time but the addresses HE puts on hold the day he works, he still delivers if there's anything in DPS for them. I can't even imagine how he runs his own Aux and I'd be scared to ask.
EXACTLY...but I couldn't find how we're compensated in the new RRECS system...I'm bringing back half trays of stuff , told to drop n go. Problem being then I deal with it the next day and its not credited as raw mail or ANYTHING else for that matter...it takes anywhere from 5 - 15 minutes to sort and clean up...I'm hoping, as a previous poster stated, we receive actual time for this.
Fwiw- the more disturbing part, is that this was never acknowledged by the engineers!???.this happens frequently and with almost EVERY carrier I know...why wasn't this addressed...?smh...

I believe the 3M mail from DPS will be handled upon your return to the PO and will be actual time. Also your holds and forwards. And for return of empty equipment (trays & tubs) and rubber bands, as well as handling the outgoing mail. I don't think you will be given individual credit for any of this work. I anticipate I will just throw the stuff in a tub and sort through it at my case. I didn't think there was an entry for mark-ups for RRECS, but that is just from memory. My guess is this will be a gain in time for me.
This is my point...I couldn't find where they compensate us for all the crap we bring back at the end of the day...?
Or, pick up the next day from subs or 3m mail that's delivered( bc no-one is picking this stuff out at a mailbox if ur sorting ,on the street,at 86ppm)
??

I have a correction to make. There is an entry for mark-ups. Something like .433 per bundle versus the current .25. So it will be interesting how the 3M/mark-ups are handled. I still believe we will be scanning for being back to the office and then scanning done for the day to account for the handling of most of the items. Anyway, this is one area I am optimistic that it will be a winner.

This is my point...I couldn't find where they compensate us for all the crap we bring back at the end of the day...?
Or, pick up the next day from subs or 3m mail that's delivered( bc no-one is picking this stuff out at a mailbox if ur sorting ,on the street,at 86ppm)
??
My route is two long established neighborhoods, all CBU, with a high turnover rate. The six month leases are a killer, and no wonder apartments/townhouses are popping up all over.

The mailing lists for much of the presort saturation DPS is by name/address and way outdated. I touch Progressive Ins in my name for a house sold 6 years ago. On each Monay of the last count alone, I brought back 300+ of these, all counted, and a letter credit for each. Not to mention inverted DPS, etc... I need the credit, where is it included...mini mailcount averaging?

Haychica et al -- "I couldn't find where they compensate us for all the crap we bring back at the end of the day.."

How about:

-- Old = Column 17 - Other Suitable Allowances

-- RRECS = Actual - End of Shift Office Duties Actual Time ( based upon Weekly avg from Carrier MDD input ) ( more buttons to push to indicate just what type of mail is being handled-? On hold, not my route/office, out of sequence, moved - recent, moved - expired, inverted ( thanx, Wilco183 ),etc ( no wonder the USPS wanted to change scans from 18 seconds to 5 seconds per )

-- Here comes the manipulation!

- Saftey / Service talks. Weekly average. Example: 5 minute Safety talk and 2 minute Stand-up = 7 minutes. Anyone think manglement will try to combine them so the weekly average = 3.5 minutes? Weekly Avg: SUPERVISOR input and OWD (? ) database. ( yeah, right!! )

My spin on your question based on RRECS. We are not clearly defined on how to handle this since no collection time is mentioned and a verify by you.

Toss that stuff into your outgoing grab and let them figure it out. If it comes back, cram into box.

Back