Customer was warned. Now, suspended lol

This customer gets parcels basically 4 days during the week.
Customer always has dogs out. When i dont see them in the front yard im "probably" safe. I still walk steadily.
Today i pull in driveway dogs come running out. I said alright, i am done delivering parcels to your house. Have fun picking them up at the post office from now on. We left them a letter that said mail would be suspended if i have to bring back a parcel due to dogs. 3 days later (today) dogs lolololololol

Windindaface

You can not suspend delivery if items fit into box. You should be blowing your horn first to attract customer attention prior to any dismounts for non hardship delivery points.

Use the animal interference scan at first. Bring item back to office. Bring item back out the next day. Same result same scan, but this time leave 3849 and under the OTHER section on bottom write dogs out. This might give the customer a heads up about the issue. If it does not and they call tell Whoever is taking the call the dogs are running loose. They can then explain to the caller what issue is.

If they do not call and come into the office ranting and raving about picking stuff up with the 3849 in hand, most elder clerks will notice your comment in the OTHER section of 49 or if they want to talk to SOMEONE WHO IS IN CONTROL, they will also notice the comment made in OTHER.

muttleycrue

You can not suspend delivery if items fit into box. You should be blowing your horn first to attract customer attention prior to any dismounts for non hardship delivery points.
I would refuse even mailbox delivery if the dogs were blocking access to the mailbox and/or dogs attacked my vehicle.
I lost 3 tires to a (small) dog who bit into them, flattening 2 within 10 minutes and cutting almost through another.
Customer paid for tires, but I still was stuck for 2 days without a vehicle because the tires were not locally available.

edit to add: I was servicing mailbox, in the street, not in their driveway. dog that normally was controlled with an electric collar was loose in the street.

Batteries in those collars die too.

Last edited:

btdtret

P-S-E-N -- "This customer gets parcels basically 4 days during the week. Customer always has dogs out [ sometimes]. "

-- A picture of the loose running dogs would have been helpful.

They have been warned plenty of times.
The girl who lives there is not very bright lol
Obviously she just ignored the letter from the post office.
Anything that fits in the box will be delivered.
Everything else, held at post office.
I refuse to play the guessing game anymore.
A carrier last year was targetted by the dogs. They jumped on her and whatnot.