Declaring RRECS DEAD

LostinDakota

I agree..but i also think that many of the standards will be obsolete by then..we'll have new scanners, new vehicles, new contracts...how can you implement rrecs standards that were accumulated on old equipment and rules?
You can't. Hence the belief that RRECS will NEVER be implemented because by the time the data is verified, all of the current data is obsolete.

samora777

It may be time to consider making RCA's into an hourly position some of them are trying to go so fast that they are dangerous on the road, someone's going to get hurt!
we have a regular like that at our office 9hr route and she does it in 5-6 hrs i was the sub but i got off that route i was on it for 16 years first regular was awesome this one sucks she has to be the first one out and first one back i know for a fact she doesn't scan at the door hell she leaves half the pkgs at the po and they don't say crap to her so if rrecs is implented that route will surley lose a lot of hours hence the reason i got off of it .

DB.Cooper

I agree..but i also think that many of the standards will be obsolete by then..we'll have new scanners, new vehicles, new contracts...how can you implement rrecs standards that were accumulated on old equipment and rules?
Lol... RRECS will be outdated before ever being implemented.... maybe they're making a space up on the shelf.... right there beside load leveling and VOE.... good ideas, but just never quite took off... R.I.P. RRECS.... :unsure: 😥:rolleyes:

Itstillfun

Drop the charade that what we do is somehow the same day after day and that variations on piecework is somehow mutually beneficial

The only way to resolve the dilemma of dynamic workloads is to go hourly, with a guarantee, like everyone else on the planet for the past 40 years.
Welcome to 2020. Don't be afraid USPS.

mwellis32

I have been in a study office for what seems an eternity, doing all the scans and carrying that miserable three pound scanner hanging off my wrist to every door. As of a couple days ago, NO MORE! Until I hear of definite dates of implementation I am declaring RRECS dead, and I am no longer participating. The USPS can pound sand.
The only thing management is studying is how to get the new RRECS formula to equal less pay for carriers!