• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Deems desirable

Wsopgal

How long does a "deems desirable" last, and how often can the do it? Our office seems to finish one....and start another right after.

Wsopgal -- "How long does a "deems desirable" last, and how often can the do it? Our office seems to finish one....and start another right after. "

-- Just taking a shot in the dark...

-- "Deems desirable" is usually associated with providing documentation for absences of three days or less so the supervisor can "protect" the interests of the Postal Service.

-- If someone has a history or pattern of calling in sick in and around a weekend and or holiday, "deems desirable" can last as long as manglement feels it necessary.

-- Also applies to someone on the Restricted Sick Leave list, which is covered in Section 513.391 of the ELM.

-- Getting placed on the list could take about 6 months. And about as long to get off of it, thanks to quarterly reviews.

Ok...that clears it up I guess. I dont call out at all....others do a lot. Now if one gets a migraine they need a doctors note for a single day off. This is going on the 2nd 30 day 'deems desirable ' . I think they may be trying to get people to go AWOL 3 times to fire them. I work with game players.

Back