Dejoy rolling out 10 year plan

DB.Cooper

The article I read also referred to the Dems wanting to oust DeJoy.... appointing some new members to the postal board.... so, who knows if any of it will ever get implemented.... if he doesn't get the axe, I believe he might actually make some changes.... he's already axing some of the bloated mngt, and we're seeing some new vehicles.... seems to me he's getting some things done..... I hope he's given a chance.... what did his predecessors accomplish???? :unsure: 🤷‍♂️:rolleyes:

DB.Cooper

I believe the board can't be more Democrat than Republican. Trump maxed the Republican side and DeJoy makes the majority vote.
Never say never.... :unsure: 🤷‍♂️:rolleyes:

Democrats have renewed calls for his ouster and the removal of the agency’s governing board, which backs him and the proposals. More than 50 House Democrats last week asked President Biden to fire the board’s six sitting members for cause — citing “gross mismanagement,” “self-inflicted” nationwide mail delays and “rampant conflicts of interest” — and to allow a new slate of Biden nominees to consider DeJoy’s fitness for office.
Biden already has nominated two Democrats and a voting rights advocate to fill three of four vacancies (board Chairman Ron Bloom, a Democrat, is serving in a one-year holdover term) on the board of governors. If confirmed by the Senate,
Democrats and Biden appointees would hold a 5-to-4 majority with the votes to remove DeJoy, if desired.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/03/22/usps-dejoy-plan/?outputType=amp

DB.Cooper

They've always put out 5 and 10 YEAR plans over the years.... not sure how much of them ever gets implemented.... probably some....

At this point, I'd like to see what the plan is for the next 9 months.... because, after that, I'm heading out the door....and, I'm not planning to let the door hit me where the good Lord split me.... as I go, I'll bid you all a SEE YA, SURE WOULDN'T WANNA BE YA!!!!! ✋🥳🤩😎

Gotrope

I didn't know the first class mail could get any slower.
Well, here's where it gets interesting. He's actually advocating to push 1st class mail to 3 days as on time. The current standard is 2 day. However, the current real-time experience for 1st class mail is 3 day. So, in reality, he's advocating for calling for a standard that is the current average instead of an artificial timeline we aren't meeting anyways.

RDruckus

Well, here's where it gets interesting. He's actually advocating to push 1st class mail to 3 days as on time. The current standard is 2 day. However, the current real-time experience for 1st class mail is 3 day. So, in reality, he's advocating for calling for a standard that is the current average instead of an artificial timeline we aren't meeting anyways.
Thank you for explaining these nuances.
I appreciate it.

PastOThirty

still wondering why we haven’t worked on really trimming the cost and do hybrid mailings that are Created initially electronically and printed at the destination zip for transportation cost reduction, reflected back into postage-price.