• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Delivering routes Sunday 11/1/20

People need quality time to stay strong with their family. This is not healthy. What is happening. This is sweat shop 3rd world environment material . I know federal safety rules don't apply to rural craft but this is not kosher. Is this militaristic mania? Common since is gone. If I get enough rope I will not hang myself I'll make a rope swing. Over worked people lower the immune system and opportunistic disease follows.

The union will never push the USPS for better terms for us. The USPS broadens the MOU to include the sorting and delivery of flats and letters. The union, instead of demanding any concessions (such as 20 minutes of paid personal time for every four hours of work) simply agrees to USPS's request. Then, it has the audacity to claim this is for our benefit.

My PM told me she got permission to let us come in one hour early (for no additional pay) on Monday to case the mail that was brought in on Sunday. I said I was not interested in coming in early so that she could avoid having to run the outgoing mail to the processing plant. Provide assistance or plan on a nice, long drive.

I cannot understand why union leadership fails to be assertive. Just more of the same pro-management BS.

I'm delivering my route on Sunday.

Junior carriers and overtime list carriers, all RCA's, all PTF's.

Yeah, you read that right... Anyone else?

All routes are being delivered just the same as any other day. Instead of just amazon Sunday, every package and DPS will be ran for each route. Casing just like a normal day. Delivery like a normal day. Supposedly they are paying double time for the regulars? City routes are running normal too.

Craziness.
What?
Where?.
I'm a reg working 11/1
This is the first I heard of this

What?
Where?.
I'm a reg working 11/1
This is the first I heard of this
Well it must not be in your area. I'm in the Midwest. Our mpoo showed up today to 'rally the troops' and congratulate us for no accidents this quarter to date. It is in fact only 150% hourly pay not 200% like originally what we heard in our office.

I thought mail volume was down? Been going down for years according to bs management,

Now want us to work 7 days a week? There something damn suspicious been going on for a long time.

It's all about the political CYA having to do with delaying the Ballots! Its comical how far out of control the USPS reaction has gotten to be! ? I read an article the other day that said we handled 4.5 billion pieces of political mail and only 122 million of that was ballots.
Ratio wise
ballots were a drop in the bucket and consumed very little of the overall time!

Oh and by the way we treated all that crap as if it was first class while collecting pennies per piece for it! Someone has to wake up to this and make them pay for what the get or accept our standards of delivery as it relates to our priority of deliveries!

Last edited:
I can tell ^^^you^^^ that I've been working a heavy political L route on and off quite regularly during the election cycle and have seen hardly any ballots going or coming back. Whole thing was a joke imo. Most people did not buy into the china virus psyop and are going to the polls in person in my neck of the woods.
I am still waiting for the country is shutting down due to covid day before election.

Anyone got a guess on what percentage of the country is/was delivering this Sunday?

Other than here, I haven't picked up on much news. Definitely nothing near me. But, I keep the news on Avoid most of the time.

I delivered. They wouldn't let us case any flats or raw unless it was political from the hot case. Dps to the street, no marking parcels, just grab and go, work in political and packages. I delivered 110 amazon and 4 full trays of dps, about 700 houses total on my route. Once finished we were allowed to case flats. In total I probably delivered a dozen political advertisements. My outgoing was 4 or 5 first class letters and 1 business reply letter. They definitely lost money on my route today.

I'm hoping they call me in tomorrow for my k day. It will likely be a light day for mail.

ATTENTION TO WHOM IT CONCERNS: please edit your posts for political content or they will be deleted in their entirety.

No politics in any threads except those in off topic.

Thanks so much!

It's all about the political CYA having to do with delaying the Ballots! Its comical how far out of control the USPS reaction has gotten to be! ? I read an article the other day that said we handled 4.5 billion pieces of political mail and only 122 million of that was ballots.
Ratio wise
ballots were a drop in the bucket and consumed very little of the overall time!

Oh and by the way we treated all that crap as if it was first class while collecting pennies per piece for it! Someone has to wake up to this and make them pay for what the get or accept our standards of delivery as it relates to our priority of deliveries!
While the First Class ballots sit in a pile the Political Ad shit gets treated like express and all the undeliverable has to be marked up per piece then clerks have to separate it and send to OIG costing big $$$$$! This is the stupidity of the PO and why and who comes up with this BS???

Back